PDA

View Full Version : Any Experience w/ Levang Comp?

SureShot241
03-01-2012, 6:05 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the DPMS Levang comp?

Does it reduce muzzle rise?
Is it really quiet?
Worth the $$?

Thank you for your answers, I am interested in purchasing one.

FeuerFrei
03-02-2012, 7:47 AM
I've use one ONLY on my coyote AR.
Muzzle rise reduction is just okay and the reason I went to it was to keep as much noise directed away from me when I take a shot without ears on. It works well for this. NOT quiet. NOT supressor. Redirects more sound away from you.
They are cheap. Nothing to loose.
If you hunt with your rifle It's good. Otherwise it dosen't matter on a range rifle because there are better brake/compensaters out there.

CHS
03-02-2012, 9:06 AM
I've use one ONLY on my coyote AR.
Muzzle rise reduction is just okay and the reason I went to it was to keep as much noise directed away from me when I take a shot without ears on. It works well for this. NOT quiet. NOT supressor. Redirects more sound away from you.
They are cheap. Nothing to loose.
If you hunt with your rifle It's good. Otherwise it dosen't matter on a range rifle because there are better brake/compensaters out there.

^^^ That.

They are designed to redirect as much noise and blast away from the shooters ears as possible. They are pretty good at it, but that's all they do. They are not very effective as regular brakes.

saki302
03-02-2012, 11:18 AM
It sounds roughly like an uncompensated rifle. Very little concussion.

I think the only recoil reduction comes from the reduction of thrust by unburnt powder. It does help, but can't come close to the effectiveness of a tank or vented brake.

There will be almost no help with muzzle rise- what you want is something with ports on top (or angled to favor up).

-Dave