PDA

View Full Version : CBS news segment - should CA Cops turn in their ARs after retirement?

coy80176
03-01-2012, 6:44 PM
Did any of you catch this segment? If not, here it is:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/03/01/should-calif-cops-turn-in-assault-weapons-they-own-at-retirement/

I just caught the tail end of it...heard them mention somone from "Calguns" and their opinion on the matter...

Cheers:cheers2:

OutlawStar
03-01-2012, 6:57 PM
The weapon of choice: The AR-15. It fires as few as 20 or as many as 45 rounds.

Well I know when I pull the trigger on my CA legal AR15 at least 20 bullets fire simultaneously, sometimes all the way up to 40. I have no idea where they go the 45 number from.

702Shooter
03-01-2012, 6:57 PM
The person who wrote that needs a better understanding of WTF they are talking about.

IW378
03-01-2012, 7:01 PM
This will get interesting. If retired leo's can keep and register them as a non leo, then why can't the person that never was a leo register one now. The way I see it is that, If your an leo and know your retiring soon you had better surrender the rifle otherwise you will be just be a normal joe with an un registered assault weapon ??

NorCalK9.com
03-01-2012, 7:05 PM
Wow, this is nuts! F jerry brown, f the brady bunch and f kalifornia!

OutlawStar
03-01-2012, 7:05 PM
This will get interesting. If retired leo's can keep and register them as a non leo, then why can't the person that never was a leo register one now. The way I see it is that, If your an leo and know your retiring soon you had better surrender the rifle otherwise you will be just be a normal joe with an un registered assault weapon ??

I'm sure a firearms expert in charge of keeping Californians safe will justify it because the police have extensive firearms training that you and I could in no way ever come close to achieving. (sarcasm)

five.five-six
03-01-2012, 7:07 PM
IMO, everyone should be alowed to own a real AR. that said, the law is the law and having been a LE, does not exempt one from the law

Scratch705
03-01-2012, 7:08 PM
yes, cause this will stop lawmakers from writing stupid gun laws then write in exceptions for LEOs thus gaining LEO support.

the more the guns laws affect LEOs the better off all of us will be since that would mean less stupid gun laws.

Librarian
03-01-2012, 7:12 PM
Exhaustively discussed in 2A.