PDA

View Full Version : PPTs are such a waste of time!

tenpercentfirearms
03-01-2012, 5:59 PM
So not a ton of people in the shop this afternoon. Some tire kickers here and there. I decide to go to the bathroom and then when I come out there is a guy holding a shotgun and another guy holding a baby in the store. Sonuvagun! It must be a PPT.

However, this time instead of dragging my feet and trying to break my record of 5 hours and 37 minutes to complete a PPT, I suddenly realized if I could get these guys out of here ASAP, I would be able to wait on real customers if they came in.

So I got er done and almost had them out the door when some real money paying customers came in. DOH! I think I had the two PPT guys out of there about two minutes later.

I just reviewed the video and they spent a total of 10 minutes and 30 seconds in the gun shop (a minute of that was them wondering where I was because I was in the bathroom). I feel like I did my part today to reduce the scrounge of PPT.

alfred1222
03-01-2012, 6:05 PM
10 minute PPT?!?! could it be possible???? my record is close to your, 4 hours 40 minutes... both the seller and i were missing paperwork which had to be driven to us. but congrats none the less

rojocorsa
03-01-2012, 6:19 PM
Gotta love pointless laws which dictate pointless procedures.

stix213
03-01-2012, 6:28 PM
How did you know this was a PPT and not an armed robbery? ;)

tenpercentfirearms
03-01-2012, 6:39 PM

LOL! Clearly you have never worked at a gun shop. Nothing reeks of PPT more than the trigger lock double wrapped around the chamber and through the feed port.

CSACANNONEER
03-01-2012, 6:40 PM

+1! Dirty diapers can be extremely leathal at close and intermediate range. I would have retreated to the panic room and called the county hazmat team just in case.

TreadonmenoT
03-01-2012, 6:44 PM
so a PPT customer is not a real customer...? what if they decide to come back and buy a new firearm...

Librarian
03-01-2012, 6:49 PM
so a PPT customer is not a real customer...? what if they decide to come back and buy a new firearm...

Wes forgot the tags for that line.

bussda
03-01-2012, 6:57 PM
I seem to remember about a year ago there was a similar post by the same author. It got deleted because few understood the sarcasm. All because some dealers intensely disliked doing PPT's...

xtra870
03-01-2012, 7:00 PM
The only PPT ive ever done was no more than 15 minutes and we had to wait for a guy doing a PPT before us. I cant see what takes so long, of course im looking at it from the customer side not the store side

dirtyJ
03-01-2012, 7:04 PM
10 minutes? You must be slacking. With everything in hand and correctly done from the buyer and seller I've done it in 7 minutes (yes I timed myself). Shoulda made them wait around so they could check out your awesome store and buy more stuff :).

foxtrotuniformlima
03-01-2012, 7:37 PM
You are a good man Wes. :thumbsup:

galekowitz
03-01-2012, 7:52 PM
Wes had a separate bathroom and drinking fountain for PPT'ers.

twoforme2
03-01-2012, 8:03 PM
I realize the OP was being somewhat sarcastic, and it has been years (15 or more) since I was a party of a PPT.
What makes one take so long, isn't all that is required is two parties with photo ID and a firearm?
OH and some cash to pay the fees.

CSACANNONEER
03-01-2012, 8:10 PM
Wes had a separate bathroom and drinking fountain for PPT'ers.

Did you notice the sign in his parking lot? It read "PPTers must use the back door". On top of that, I heard he now charges PPTers to park in his lot!

Beetle Bailey
03-01-2012, 8:24 PM
I seem to remember about a year ago there was a similar post by the same author. It got deleted because few understood the sarcasm. All because some dealers intensely disliked doing PPT's...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=450737

Thread was locked, but not deleted. People just gotta get used to tenpercent's sense of humor and writing style. Maybe the mods can make a special smilie for Wes.

There are shops that hate doing PPT's so they make the customers as miserable as possible so they won't PPT there anymore. This includes being rude and trying to waste as much time as possible.

Fjold
03-01-2012, 8:31 PM
So where do you store the baby for the 10 day wait?

nmerced
03-01-2012, 8:53 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/158/378/1312535376002.gif

bohoki
03-01-2012, 8:59 PM
well the ppt isnt over just wait in 3 days the buyer will be denied and the seller wont give back the money so now what do you do

Ubermcoupe
03-01-2012, 9:07 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/158/378/1312535376002.gif

:rofl2: Nice job wes. 10 minutes is a record if i've ever heard of one. :)

GlockGuy
03-01-2012, 10:06 PM

Now THAT'S funny! :D :D

bruceflinch
03-01-2012, 10:37 PM
I thought this thread was a Necropost!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=450737

Thread was locked, but not deleted. People just gotta get used to tenpercent's sense of humor and writing style. Maybe the mods can make a special smilie for Wes.

There are shops that hate doing PPT's so they make the customers as miserable as possible so they won't PPT there anymore. This includes being rude and trying to waste as much time as possible.
Thank You Sir!

Daycare is really gonna drive up the cost of a PPT! :eek:

tenpercentfirearms
03-02-2012, 6:52 AM
well the ppt isnt over just wait in 3 days the buyer will be denied and the seller wont give back the money so now what do you do

I give the gun back to the seller. That is the law. They can sort that out in court if they wish, but it has nothing to do with me.

CSACANNONEER
03-02-2012, 6:53 AM
I give the gun back to the seller. That is the law. They can sort that out in court if they wish, but it has nothing to do with me.

But, what do you do with the baby?

X231
03-02-2012, 7:18 AM

I know that happens because I did that. Sold a pistol and went to a gun store recommended for PPT by the buyer. The guys treated me pretty good in there and I've bought 3 new ones from them in the last 6 weeks. With that said I know PPT is a pita so I take mine to Big 5 or Sports Authority .. Payback! :thumbsup:

DasBoost
03-02-2012, 12:06 PM
But, what do you do with the baby?

Collateral... There's a hook on the office door for them. "Oh you would like your child back after the 10day wait? I'd sure like to move these [I]s that are taking up some valuable real estate in my shop."

bender152
03-02-2012, 3:03 PM
I seem to remember about a year ago there was a similar post by the same author. It got deleted because few understood the sarcasm.

Yeah, one member got all butt-hurt about it too.

joefrank64k
03-02-2012, 4:11 PM

:1eye: