PDA

View Full Version : recon barrel suggestions?

hnoppenberger
03-01-2012, 9:47 AM
I am building a recon type upper, and would like to find a barrel that would post better groups then a standard m4 barrel.

So I need a suggestion for a 14.5 or 16" match barrel with a profile that will use a standard m4 gas block, carbine gas length as well (already have rail)

Will be using either a 1-4 accupoint, maybe a burris xlr, or a compact acog.
Thanks.

tpat663
03-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Get a 14.5 barrel with a mid length gas tube. Order your barrel from blackholeweaponry.com their barrels are the ****!

jasonnorcal
03-01-2012, 12:38 PM
WOA barrel from Rainer Arms. 16" stainless steel with carbine length gas system

RONIN.
03-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Get a 14.5 barrel with a mid length gas tube. Order your barrel from blackholeweaponry.com their barrels are the ****!

HAHA yeah if you want your throat to grow every .040" every 100 rds..

rainier arms, noveske, but NOT blackhole, then again if you want to wait till 4 months for a barrel and have it wear out much quicker then any other barrel go with blackhole weaponry..

ronin.

tpat663
03-01-2012, 2:30 PM
Ronin sounds like you have a user / gun maintenance problem. BHW makes a great barrel and they are extremely accurate. As far as a gas length go with a mid length your rifle will shoot smoother and softer and keep the wear and tear down.

Dhena81
03-01-2012, 4:26 PM
I'd get a Noveske SS 16" and finish it in melonite so you'd have life and accuracy.

RONIN.
03-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Ronin sounds like you have a user / gun maintenance problem. BHW makes a great barrel and they are extremely accurate. As far as a gas length go with a mid length your rifle will shoot smoother and softer and keep the wear and tear down.

most definitely not a USER issue.. barrel went back to them.. I have had many barrels from them, and most have been great, this is the only one that has had this issue..

ronin

702Shooter
03-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I am building a recon type upper, and would like to find a barrel that would post better groups then a standard m4 barrel.

So I need a suggestion for a 14.5 or 16" match barrel with a profile that will use a standard m4 gas block, carbine gas length as well (already have rail)

Will be using either a 1-4 accupoint, maybe a burris xlr, or a compact acog.
Thanks.

Have you looked at Criterion Barrels (http://criterionbarrels.com/ProductPages/AR15.html)? They are match grade and offer chrome lining for greater lifespan. Also, their chrome lining process is different than most so you do not lose any accuracy.

http://criterionbarrels.com/Chromelining_about.html