View Full Version : Benelli Vinci vs Beretta A400 XTREME

03-01-2012, 8:00 AM
Super curious to hear feedback on each of these shot guns. I wonder how they stack up against one another. They both seem very similar in technology to me. If you've had a chance to use one of these please post what you have to say about it! Thanks!

03-01-2012, 9:57 AM
What are you using it for? If I were hunting - Benelli. Sporting - Beretta.

Benelli uses the inertia system, rather than gas. Much better for maintainence in the field. The 400 uses the gas recoil system and I tell you, the softest, smoothest action of any semi on the market - period.

Beautiful mechanism and redesign to remove almost 1/2 the parts of conventional semi-gas guns. Just amazing. Check out http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2c.shotguns.htm. They have good info as well.

03-01-2012, 11:09 AM
I would be using it for hunting yes. Curious why you would choose the Vinci over the XTREME for hunting.

03-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Pulling up a seat as I am in the market right now. Shouldered the Benelli Super Black Eagle II yesterday and I must say thats a nice one two.

Justin as a comment to the above post the Benelli recoil system requires far less maintanence than the Beretta or any other gas system for that matter. The Benelli will kick harder but that said if you get a current model with the comfort tech stock it doesnt matter.

I have the Benelli Super Nova that has the comfort tech stock and I shoot 175 rounds every weekend at the club without any after effects. Its a pump gun so that says alot about the stock design.

03-01-2012, 7:38 PM
I own O & Us (Beretta) and one of the key reasons is maintenance and reliability (plus field safety, two choke choices versus one, weight carrying in the field). If I get a more difficult-to-maintain and more prone to failure (because of more moving parts) semi, it will be a Vinci for their simplicity and ease of maintenance—simpler mechanics means easier to clean and more reliability.

03-01-2012, 8:28 PM
I own O & Us

I just posted a new topic regarding a Winchester 101 o/u check it out and let me know what you think