PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye California...!!!!

Trendkill
02-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Just got into Ehrenberg , AZ on our way to our new home in Ohio......

What should I do......throw my Bullet Buttons in the Colorado River....burn em...swallow them and then go across the border tomorrow and s^&* them out over in Blythe , CA...??

Or just keep on truckin and fightin for CA gunrights no matter where Im at...??

Gonna miss the Golden State....all my friends and memories....everything. :(

ns209
02-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah swallow them I heard they have alot of vitamin c, b, and a. LOL Enjoy Ohio and keep fighting for us. Because when you get to Ohio you'll be the CALIFORNIAN. Drive safe!!!

arslin
02-29-2012, 11:12 PM
You could pull what Russia did to the "false Czar" in 1606. That took his ashes to the border and shot them from a cannon toward Poland. It would be easy if you had a blunderbuss, but I can not think of an easy way to do it otherwise.

alfred1222
02-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Congrats on leaving this place, i cant wait till i can get out of here!

Gio
02-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Congrats! It was nice meeting you, wish you the best on the drive to your new home.

shamu415
02-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Be safe and enjoy your freedom!!

Trendkill
02-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Its finally hit home since I crossed the border.......kinda trippy.

So....since I posted in the Centerfire Rifle section......what should my first purchase be in Free America..? You know.....something that would really be an F-U to the CA powers that be.

Trendkill
02-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Congrats! It was nice meeting you, wish you the best on the drive to your new home.

You too man.....Im gonna put those rebuild kits to some real use. ;)

Dhena81
02-29-2012, 11:53 PM
KAC SR-15

Colt-45
03-01-2012, 12:02 AM
So....since I posted in the Centerfire Rifle section......what should my first purchase be in Free America..? You know.....something that would really be an F-U to the CA powers that be.

KAC SR-15

Nonsense, don't see the need to purchase a KAC SR-15. That from a company that didn't support us when we were oppressed, when one could purchase an LWRC or LMT while still here in CA.

OP, get a Barrett M107 or M82 in 50 BMG. That or the move was worthless.:p

Trendkill
03-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Nonsense, don't see the need to purchase a KAC SR-15. That from a company that didn't support us when we were oppressed, when one could purchase an LWRC or LMT while still here in CA.

OP, get a Barrett M107 or M82 in 50 BMG. That or the move was worthless.:p

Yes....yes.....I see something in 50cal in my future. Wise you are Mr Colt.

MrPlink
03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
-Establish NFA trust.
-Purchase DD.
-Use said DD to destroy all Ca compliance parts.

Colt-45
03-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Maybe one day we can all turn in our BS CA compliance parts and build a statue of something. A big "Hollywood" size "**** you CA .gov" would suffice. With all the BB's, featureless parts and permanent 10/30 mags I'm sure we could achieve this. If we run out of crap to use, we can use those extra A2 pistols grips that people have 9-10 extras in their safe as backups they will never use lol.

Trendkill
03-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Maybe one day with can all turn in our BS CA compliance parts and build a statue of something.

Yes....we can melt them all down and fasion them into a statue of a nuetered Grizzly Bear.

RONIN.
03-01-2012, 2:12 AM
ar sbr with a suppressor loaded with a surefire 100rounder..

in other words DD mk18 upper and get surefire brake and can.. and there mags

Colt-45
03-01-2012, 2:17 AM
Good luck in your new home!

If Barrett .50's were legal I'd pull out a loan just to have one :D. ****en bastards banned them when I wasn't even old enough to go buy one :(

nicoroshi
03-01-2012, 4:40 AM
Continue to fight for us brother.
We need all the help we can get.
If I was 'Free' I am thinking SBR m92. :43:
Enjoy your freedom bro.

zfields
03-01-2012, 4:56 AM
Congrats.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

acaligunner
03-01-2012, 5:17 AM
Stop the car, and take out a pistol-- load it up, and conceal it on your person!

Get a AK ( preferably a under folder ), or Saiga 12, and some normal capacity mags. POS politicians hate AK type Rifles.

Then when you get Home buy and register a SBR. Then send your congress person a letter letting them know CA lost another good citizen, by not representing the people of Ca, and because they infringed on the rights of CA gun owners.

Let them know more Ca people are leaving the state, and will vote them out of office this coming year.

acaligunner

joe_sun
03-01-2012, 6:03 AM
Congrats and you should sell them for cheap or give them away in a Karma to Cali residents.

Kalderis40
03-01-2012, 6:35 AM
Mail them to the DoJ saying " I forgot to give these back; I don't need them anymore" Congrats on your move to freedom. I hope I can one day do the same. enjoy the drive and your new home Trend.

GMANtt
03-01-2012, 6:43 AM
Send all your BBs, 10 round mags, etc to California Doj.

tujungatoes
03-01-2012, 6:46 AM
Good luck in Ohio. Have fun and buy lots of new toys. Try not to freeze to death.

:(...Now Nico and I have to find someone else to drink tequila with at the next Fresno BP.

Manolito
03-01-2012, 6:53 AM
I wish you nothing but the best where ever you end up.
Bill

lincoln6echo
03-01-2012, 7:14 AM
Congrats man! My wife and I just got back from visiting friends in Austin, TX and I am now looking for jobs there. Really amazing place and nothing like some perspective to see how overrated CA is. Best of luck in your new home!

Ubermcoupe
03-01-2012, 7:18 AM
What should I do......throw my Bullet Buttons in the Colorado River....burn em...swallow them and then go across the border tomorrow and s^&* them out over in Blythe , CA...??

You could always just mail them to someone still behind the CA Curtain, like me :D

SURVIVOR619
03-01-2012, 7:22 AM
Stop the car, and take out a pistol-- load it up, and conceal it on your person!

Get a AK ( preferably a under folder ), or Saiga 12, and some normal capacity mags. POS politicians hate AK type Rifles.

Then when you get Home buy and register a SBR. Then send your congress person a letter letting them know CA lost another good citizen, by not representing the people of Ca, and because they infringed on the rights of CA gun owners.

Let them know more Ca people are leaving the state, and will vote them out of office this coming year.

acaligunner

Excellent suggestion about the letter and its contents.

OP: 50 Cal allll day brother!!! Good luck to you and fare well.

lawaia
03-01-2012, 7:34 AM
Yes....we can melt them all down and fasion them into a statue of a nuetered Grizzly Bear.

Now that right there is just plain funny!:rofl2:

Good luck in your new adventure! Congrats on getting freedom!

TNP'R
03-01-2012, 7:39 AM
Welcome to the land of the free :D

NorCalK9.com
03-01-2012, 7:44 AM
Lmao good luck bud, and I envy you!
As for sbr
Amd65?
Krink?
How about doing one of the above add a few drums and wallah you just smacked the $h!t out of barbra and dianne! Lmao

bomb_on_bus
03-01-2012, 7:53 AM
Supressors, SBRs, 30+ round magazines, belt feds.............. must be nice.

Just make sure you don't tell anyone your from CA or your going to get flammed...... BAD.

Your first trip out to the local shooting range will blow your mind as well.

HeHateMe
03-01-2012, 7:59 AM
Bullet buttons. Pay it forward to some lucky Calgunner to start his/her black rifle disease.

ns3v3n
03-01-2012, 8:10 AM
Frame that sucker up and put it on your wall. Keep the memory alive and for all of us who still suffer in the republic of kalifornia. Enjoy your free state :).

Mstnpete
03-01-2012, 8:13 AM
Congrats on the move!

Get all the HK's and Aug's you can find.
Apply for CCW right away.......lol

Calplinker
03-01-2012, 8:21 AM
Don't forget to stop and buy tire chains. I grew up in the Midwest and remember their winters.... :)

contratulations on the move and be safe driving!!

MikeEM1
03-01-2012, 8:23 AM
ar sbr with a suppressor loaded with a surefire 100rounder..

in other words DD mk18 upper and get surefire brake and can.. and there mags

That sounds like a plan. Saiga 12 with a drum too

Trendkill
03-01-2012, 8:36 AM
You could always just mail them to someone still behind the CA Curtain, like me :D

Yeah....thats the plan.

chickenfried
03-01-2012, 8:39 AM
You could've gifted them to a shooting buddy. Since it's a little late for that you should carry them to range with you as conversation starters. Oh yeah a ruger .22 with a silencer would be pretty neat.

Trendkill
03-01-2012, 8:43 AM
You could've gifted them to a shooting buddy. Since it's a little late for that you should carry them to range with you as conversation starters. Oh yeah a ruger .22 with a silencer would be pretty neat.

Actually....I tried to sell the extra ones laying around that I had for pretty cheap but my time was pretty tight. I think the idea of mailing for free the ten rounders and mag locks I have left is a great idea.

waho
03-01-2012, 8:59 AM

acaligunner
How do you leave the state and still vote them out of the office?

SpunkyJivl
03-01-2012, 9:08 AM
Envious! Enjoy your new freedom, keep the people in occupied territory in your thoughts. I hope my life's road leads me out of PRK one day.

BobbyZ
03-01-2012, 9:18 AM
Good luck.

ZX-10R
03-01-2012, 9:28 AM
Good for you! You are the winner. CA is the pits outside of Jobs.

MultiCaliber
03-01-2012, 9:32 AM
Good journey, sir. Enjoy your freedom. Lament the weather. ;)

t0kie
03-01-2012, 9:49 AM
When you push the regular button to drop the mag, please remember all of us here & smile :)

Drive safe!

r3dn3ck
03-01-2012, 9:56 AM
a keltech pm30 would be super neat

Lives_In_Fresno
03-01-2012, 9:59 AM

congrats!

I call BS on missing "everything" though....there are so many things about this state that I will not "miss" when I leave.

Enjoy!

ojisan
03-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Make a display of all the CA compliant stuff...BBs, Mag Locks, blocked 10 round mags, Monsterman grips and pinned folding stocks.
Then when your new friends first come over to visit and ask why you left CA, you can just point to the display and shake your head sadly.

Hope it all works out for you there and hope you still hang out here on CG.

Below.Zero
03-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Fair thee well brother.

hornswaggled
03-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Akron is my hometown, so as a fellow buckeye I say... ouch, sorry man.

SureShot241
03-01-2012, 10:28 AM
I would keep the button and show it to people. It will be an interesting piece of history some day, and if people around you start complaining about their gun laws there, just show that to them and tell them how easy they have it.

Just my 2 cents

MrExel17
03-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Lucky...Congrats and enjoy your new home!

stix213
03-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Get out and stay out! ;)

straykiller
03-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Congrats to you i hope to leave this state someday aswell. As for ur bullet buttons pack em up and give them away or sell them for a fair price to other calgunners to help them out

therza2071
03-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Welcome to Ohio, friend. :)

The War Wagon
03-01-2012, 1:40 PM
What should I do (with my) my Bullet Buttons...

http://thmg.photobucket.com/albums/v429/Sinine/emoticons/th_piss.gif on 'em, mail 'em BACK to Whinestein & Schnauzer, and tell 'em where to STICK 'EM!!! http://www.getsmileyface.com/sm/evil/498.gif

Oh yeah - mail 'em postage DUE! :43:

p.s. - when you come over to Pittsburgh to see a REAL football game, look me up! http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/icons/icon10.gif

aghauler
03-01-2012, 1:43 PM

Is Ohio a Class 3 state? If it was I'd buy a Lewis Gun. Good Luck and safe journey to your new home!

MASTERLAB
03-01-2012, 1:44 PM
50bmg, nuff said

Intimid8tor
03-01-2012, 2:03 PM
Congrats. Wife has her first interview for a job in Boise tomorrow via phone. We'll be right behind you.

I am already going broke thinking of all the purchases. I might have to get a second job for a year. .50 bmg, NFA trust filled with short/silenced rifles.

slick_711
03-01-2012, 2:13 PM
Form 1 the AR you took the bullet button off of and start trying to decide between 10.5", 11.5", and 12.5".

Have a safe move brother.

Mojaveman
03-01-2012, 5:19 PM
Enjoy the mid-west, hope you're taking a few pairs of long johns and a pint of schnapps with you.

At least you will be able to buy and shoot whatever you want.

lincoln6echo
03-01-2012, 5:30 PM
Why do these posts read like someone has been liberated from from a dictatorship... oh wait

I was talking to a family member about our plans to move to Austin and searching for jobs there and they turned their nose up, "Texas, with the heat, scorpions, and rattlesnakes?" I just said "the sum of which is safer than Jerry Brown" ...silence:p

Rekrab
03-01-2012, 5:52 PM

Calico! 100 round magazines and it's on the ban list.

McTerry
03-01-2012, 6:01 PM
Mail them to the DoJ saying " I forgot to give these back; I don't need them anymore"...

Yes!

kellanmeigh
03-01-2012, 6:01 PM
Frame that sucker up and put it on your wall. Keep the memory alive and for all of us who still suffer in the republic of kalifornia. Enjoy your free state :).

+1 on this!

Btw, I recommend either a Barrett Light 50 or maybe a McMillan in .50 bmg. Something big and magazine fed without a bullet button.

I envy those who are able to escape the Peoples Republic of Kalifornistan. I'll get my turn in 7 or so years (retirement). I'll be jumping ship to Indiana.

The Old Warhorse

wurger
03-01-2012, 6:47 PM
CA doesn't completely suck. Good luck getting decent taco or burrito in Ohio.

zfields
03-01-2012, 7:23 PM
Why do these posts read like someone has been liberated from from a dictatorship... oh wait

I was talking to a family member about our plans to move to Austin and searching for jobs there and they turned their nose up, "Texas, with the heat, scorpions, and rattlesnakes?" I just said "the sum of which is safer than Jerry Brown" ...silence:p

I saw more rattlers at my old house in sonoma county then here just south of austin.

fatfreadiescat
03-01-2012, 10:32 PM
He who quits and runs away, will live to run another day.

Nookieaki
03-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Trendkill,

You should suppress your arsenal ak47. :)

underworld
03-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Congrats...im sure you wont miss your bullet button..just the LA breeze hehehe..be safe.

Trendkill
03-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Akron is my hometown, so as a fellow buckeye I say... ouch, sorry man.

No more ouch for me.....enjoy the occupation.

Trendkill
03-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I saw more rattlers at my old house in sonoma county then here just south of austin.

I will be in Amarillo tomorrow.......

Trendkill
03-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Trendkill,

You should suppress your arsenal ak47. :)

Sold that thing a while back.....sucked but I had to fund my little girls bday party. No loss.......got a Polish underfolder I can actually FOLD now.....

:cool:

zod
03-02-2012, 10:22 PM
SBR gets my vote. Do it to one of the rifles you already own. Congrats on the great escape, best of luck to you and your family out there!

Trendkill
03-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Just a little info on whats goin on:

Went to the range yesterday with my father in law in Glendale AZ......totally awesome.

Nice clean range with automatic closing doors for the sound , and it was huge.....i mean huge. And it was clean and well lit......AW's all over the walls for sale and cases of off list stuff......a Californian dream. I almost wanted to buy something just to say I did. It was cool to shoot my FIL's SCAR......what a cool rifle....very accurate but the cost to shoot it and the mag drought on those things is ridiculous. Still want one though.

Anywho......trip is going good and I should reach Amarillo TX tomorrow.

orangeusa
03-02-2012, 10:29 PM
I grew up in Iowa (or was that Ohio, or Idaho - CA folks could never tell the difference).

Some new things to experience are humidity, mosquitos and snow plows.... :)

Seriously, enjoy yourself!

hawaii five-0
03-03-2012, 5:25 AM
Was kinda lookin forward to meeteing another Slayer fan @ the build party...Sorry you didn't make it.Good luck man.

tujungatoes
03-03-2012, 6:46 AM
Was kinda lookin forward to meeteing another Slayer fan @ the build party...Sorry you didn't make it.Good luck man.

Come to the next fresno BP and you will.:43:

nitroxdiver
03-03-2012, 8:37 AM
Have a great move. I'm popping smoke and leaving Ca in 4 years. I'm originally from Ohio and really miss the friendly people and beautiful forrests o SW Ohio. Not to mention freedom. Oh, and I vote for a Barrett 50bmg also.

slick_711
03-03-2012, 9:57 AM
CA doesn't completely suck. Good luck getting decent taco or burrito in Ohio.

That's a valid point, but believe it or not there are Mexican-Americans in Ohio, I'm sure some of them have opened restaurants. We certainly have plenty here in TX. Granted Tex-mex is a little different, I do like both styles. I've taken to making tacos at home with my own shredded or ground venison. When was the last time you did that in CA? ;)

Anywho......trip is going good and I should reach Amarillo TX tomorrow.

DFW isn't really en route to Ohio, or I'd suggest you swing by and I'd buy you a few beers. If I had my SBR & suppressor in hand I'd insist on it, but I'm still waiting on stamps. Oh well, going to the rodeo tonight anyway (PBR semi-finals & Dierks Bentley). Have a safe trip through the Lone Star state! :cowboy:

resident-shooter
03-03-2012, 10:19 AM
u will soon realize that free america is not a whole lot freer than ca ;)

famas619
03-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Im right behind you, moving to Arizona in a year, the countdown starts.

hornswaggled
03-03-2012, 12:53 PM
No more ouch for me.....enjoy the occupation.

Lol enjoy your tornados. 70 deg and sunny today in San Diego. :)

slick_711
03-03-2012, 1:10 PM

I do miss the San Diego weather.

It was 60 and sunny in North Texas today, but I'll admit I do miss San Diego's weather.

penguinofsleep
03-03-2012, 1:50 PM

^ this :rolleyes: hate saying it, but all across america ive seen people screwing themselves just as much as these CA politicians screw us.

that and maybe im a little bi***, but DAT WEATHER

now, to address the real issue at hand. screw guns - buy make a flamethrower!!!!11!0!!!!!0!1!!!!!!! +5 points if it can be attached to a cane sword. +10 for a shuriken :shuriken:
although a 50bmg will suffice.

warkaj
03-03-2012, 2:06 PM
S.O.B.... I'm in the process of interviewing for a job in Ohio myself. I'm from there so it's HOME to me. I've had enough of California and the fact that no matter what we do here it's never going to be better, they hate guns here and the fact the legislation and courts are all anti-gun democrats it's like pushing a car up a hill... good luck.

But yeh, I plan on pissing on the sign saying "welcome to California" and perhaps even spray paint "YOU ARE NOW LEAVING AMERICA" on the sign as well.

Hoping to be out of this State by the summer time myself. CONGRATS! Do something really crazy like buy a 2400 sq ft home with a pool and basement for $150k... lol... that's non existent in California.

warkaj
03-03-2012, 2:06 PM
better yet, screw it... get your Class III and buy a M249 SAW.

penguinofsleep
03-03-2012, 2:12 PM
But yeh, I plan on pissing on the sign saying "welcome to California" and perhaps even spray paint "YOU ARE NOW LEAVING AMERICA" on the sign as well.

:) how did i not think of this sooner?

slick_711
03-03-2012, 2:26 PM
better yet, screw it... get your Class III and buy a M249 SAW.

Do something really crazy like buy a 2400 sq ft home with a pool and basement for $150k.

I don't think the NFA works quite the way you think it does. An M249 (I think there are like six transferables in circulation) would run half as much as the house and pool you mentioned. I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun, but it's not a realistic first step as a Free American. ;)

now, to address the real issue at hand. screw guns - buy make a flamethrower!!!!11!0!!!!!0!1!!!!!!!

Funny you should say that, my girlfriend's dad used a homemade flamethrower to kill the weeds in his gravel driveway yesterday... But hey, this is Texas. :59:

proclone1
03-03-2012, 2:53 PM
Make a display of all the CA compliant stuff...BBs, Mag Locks, blocked 10 round mags, Monsterman grips and pinned folding stocks.
Then when your new friends first come over to visit and ask why you left CA, you can just point to the display and shake your head sadly.

Hope it all works out for you there and hope you still hang out here on CG.

hahaha awesome.

The only thing that makes me nervous about *my* plans to leave the state is that I will be leaving a good job that pays good money. It's definitely sustainable for paying an apartment's rent, but I want to own a house someday and it will take me decades just to afford 20% down.

Otherwise, the laws, the traffic, the housing market, good riddance.

joefrank64k
03-03-2012, 5:06 PM
- Walk in to a gun shop, and walk out with a new gun in 15 minutes or so.

- Sell/Buy a pistol to another Ohio resident in a parking lot...legally!

- .50 BMG

- Enjoy yourself!!! :)

Spirit 1
03-03-2012, 6:44 PM
How about mailing back a letter or two to friends in Cali, all stuffed in a large envelope for re-posting so they don't get postmarked Ohio. Address them to CA DOJ.

"Dear sirs,
I have 23 firearm guns here that I inherited. They fire all the bullets in the bullet clip holder piece at one time whenever I pull the trigger. It's very expensive firing 30 to 100 bullet cartridges at one time. But some only hold 20 bullet things. They have a little switch thing so they will fire only one bullet at a time too. Are these legal in California or if I only use them with the little switch for one shot? One is very big, I think it is called 50 caliper or something, and it fires all 100 of its bullet cartridges when you pull the trigger also. It's very loud and jumps around a lot. Is this legal too?

Thanks so much for any help with this."

Then give a return address of various representatives, councilmen etc. Or if there was anybody who REALLY screwed you over in Cali, use their return address.

Sorry, just couldn't resist. Congratulations & all the best to you & your family in your new life!

NYY
03-03-2012, 7:13 PM
.300 SBR. GO ALL OUT WITH IT

al8550
03-03-2012, 7:21 PM
Congrats!!!!! Enjoy the freedom!!!

Trendkill
03-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Come to the next fresno BP and you will.:43:

This is the truth.....

Trendkill
03-04-2012, 12:26 AM

Well...your wrong....Ive been rollin through NM and Tx with a loaded handgun on my dashbord inder a little blanket....legally. Try that in the Republik.

Trendkill
03-04-2012, 12:27 AM

Meh.....whatev.

Trendkill
03-04-2012, 12:31 AM
hahaha awesome.

The only thing that makes me nervous about *my* plans to leave the state is that I will be leaving a good job that pays good money. It's definitely sustainable for paying an apartment's rent, but I want to own a house someday and it will take me decades just to afford 20% down.

And there ya go.........this is why.

prop carver
03-04-2012, 4:04 AM
hahaha awesome.

Remember "It Ain't What You Make - It's What You Keep".

California's taxes, cost of regulation and a gazillion hidden fees erode that paycheck quicker than most can imagine.

Just my 2 cents.

Roddd
03-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Save your money and buy warmer clothes and a snow shovel.

BDH
03-04-2012, 1:27 PM
Depending on what part of Ohio you are headed to, life can be very good. I grew up in Ohio and although I don't miss the weather, I miss the people. Get Camp Perry on your list of things to see. You've got Commercial Row and the CMP to engage your eyes and your wallet.

Find a good lender, keep your credit score up and your work history stable and you'll be able to get into a house with much less than 20% down. Although a pain in the butt, there are still lenders out there who can get it done. Start with a good Realtor and referrals to a good lender.

Don't send anything to DOJ. They don't need ideas about what to do with the rest of us. You're saving for a down payment, sell the parts to one of us here that are still trapped. Find the gun shops in your area and evaluate whether you want to do business with them. Join a club and help keep it successful. Pass on the stories of the freedoms we don't have here and most of all...enjoy your life.

PS: Get a CCW!

Bruce

Spirit 1
03-04-2012, 3:57 PM
Depending on what part of Ohio you are headed to, life can be very good. I grew up in Ohio and although I don't miss the weather, I miss the people. Get Camp Perry on your list of things to see. You've got Commercial Row and the CMP to engage your eyes and your wallet.

Find a good lender, keep your credit score up and your work history stable and you'll be able to get into a house with much less than 20% down. Although a pain in the butt, there are still lenders out there who can get it done. Start with a good Realtor and referrals to a good lender.

Don't send anything to DOJ. They don't need ideas about what to do with the rest of us. You're saving for a down payment, sell the parts to one of us here that are still trapped. Find the gun shops in your area and evaluate whether you want to do business with them. Join a club and help keep it successful. Pass on the stories of the freedoms we don't have here and most of all...enjoy your life.

PS: Get a CCW!

Bruce

Yes, my post was of course intended as a joke, but I forget sometimes that this is the internet afterall ha!

Databyter
03-04-2012, 4:47 PM
Just got into Ehrenberg , AZ on our way to our new home in Ohio......

Or just keep on truckin and fightin for CA gunrights no matter where Im at...??

Save em to show your kids.

ZX-10R
03-04-2012, 6:04 PM
Lived in WA for a year and then came back to CA...I wish I had stayed in WA...CA is as lame as it is. Good for you brother keep driving away and don't look back...People who think CA is awesome have not lived outside of it for long.

zfields
03-04-2012, 6:28 PM
Lived in WA for a year and then came back to CA...I wish I had stayed in WA...CA is as lame as it is. Good for you brother keep driving away and don't look back...People who think CA is awesome have not lived outside of it for long.

Only thing I miss back in CA is mexican food, weather, and round table pizza.

nicoroshi
03-04-2012, 6:36 PM
Good luck in Ohio. Have fun and buy lots of new toys. Try not to freeze to death.

:(...Now Nico and I have to find someone else to drink tequila with at the next Fresno BP.

I (vaguely) remember that.
It was the 6 or 7 guiness at the bar before you broke out the tequila that did me in. :D
The country karaoke was really starting to grow on me by the time I left the bar.

Trendkill
03-05-2012, 8:36 PM
Now Im in ( Lonoke , Arkansas ) .....definately starting to feel the culture shock. I like it though.....its a cool experience traveling across the US......it makes me love this Country all the more.

Everyone says..."y'all.....and yonder....and a bunch of other weird stuff" and I love it.

I keep wondering if I sound strange as hell to them too......

Trendkill
03-05-2012, 8:40 PM
Forgot to mention.......the Remington Ammo factory is about 2 miles from me.....really cool to drive by and see it.

zfields
03-05-2012, 9:03 PM
Now Im in ( Lonoke , Arkansas ) .....definately starting to feel the culture shock. I like it though.....its a cool experience traveling across the US......it makes me love this Country all the more.

Everyone says..."y'all.....and yonder....and a bunch of other weird stuff" and I love it.

I keep wondering if I sound strange as hell to them too......

I lived in WV for a short while, way out in the hills. First couple days, I couldnt understand a damn person out there. When I came back about 4 months later to CA, no one could understand me at all. That drawl gets stuck to ya pretty quick.

Pandanin
03-05-2012, 9:17 PM
Hope the road treats you well and you find happiness in all you do. I get the, umm, pleasure, of visiting Ohio once a year to go to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington. People are genuinely friendly there.

y'all be safe now, ya hear?

Trendkill
03-05-2012, 9:22 PM
Hope the road treats you well and you find happiness in all you do. I get the, umm, pleasure, of visiting Ohio once a year to go to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington. People are genuinely friendly there.

y'all be safe now, ya hear?

You got it Bo......

Trendkill
03-05-2012, 9:26 PM
I lived in WV for a short while, way out in the hills. First couple days, I couldnt understand a damn person out there. When I came back about 4 months later to CA, no one could understand me at all. That drawl gets stuck to ya pretty quick.

Do we sound weird to them though..?? Like......in other words....do they have us pinned from the get go..??

zfields
03-05-2012, 9:30 PM
Do we sound weird to them though..?? Like......in other words....do they have us pinned from the get go..??

Yea, pretty much. When I was out there, everyone asked if I surfed.

Keep in mind, at the time I was 6 1, 250ish, and a generally bad person. And from norcal, so no stupid southern CA surfer attitude.

Trendkill
03-05-2012, 9:39 PM
Yea, pretty much. When I was out there, everyone asked if I surfed.

Keep in mind, at the time I was 6 1, 250ish, and a generally bad person. And from norcal, so no stupid southern CA surfer attitude.

I feel like I look Californian too.....sound like one and everything. Crap....!!

Oh well.....guess theyll have lots of questions like:

1. Have you seen a movie star..?

2. Are you a movie star..??

3. Are you a gay..??

4. Are you ok with the gays...?

5. Have you been to Disneyland..?

6. Whats the ocean like..?

etc

etc

etc

NoFail
03-05-2012, 9:53 PM
How do you leave the state and still vote them out of the office?

Find some lefty F%@K and ask him/her, they know how...

me109g4
03-06-2012, 7:54 AM
I think i would send Ca. DOJ some of those bullet buttons etc. telling them exactly how you feel and that one more taxpayer is now free, dont hold back on what you think of them. The other parts i would keep as a reminder as to what can happen when u let your elected officials run amuck with your rights. I like the idea of spray painting on the "welcome to Ca." sign. Enjoy the ride and the new home. J

Trendkill
03-07-2012, 7:17 AM
Just leavin Dickson , Tennessee.........next stop....Sparta , Kentucky.

Mr331
03-07-2012, 9:35 AM

Keep telling yourself that.......

POLICESTATE
03-07-2012, 9:37 AM
Mount your bullet buttons and other crap on a plaque as a reminder of what privileged rights are.

aghauler
03-07-2012, 9:40 AM
I think i would send Ca. DOJ some of those bullet buttons etc. telling them exactly how you feel and that one more taxpayer is now free, dont hold back on what you think of them. The other parts i would keep as a reminder as to what can happen when u let your elected officials run amuck with your rights. I like the idea of spray painting on the "welcome to Ca." sign. Enjoy the ride and the new home. J

Unfortunately sending them to the DOJ is the wrong place, they need to be sent to the "elected officials" along with the "telling them how you really feel" comments along with a "put these where the sun don't shine comment". DOJ is "stuck enforcing the nonsensical laws passed by the elected officials" or so I was once told by a DOJ Field Agent.

SJgunguy24
03-07-2012, 9:45 AM
Take it easy Ben, stay safe out there.

Trendkill
03-07-2012, 6:49 PM
Take it easy Ben, stay safe out there.

Thanks Mike..... we'll be home tomorrow. Gonna miss all my SJ friends and family but we're doing the right thing.....

I get to drop mags freely out of that AK you helped me build..!!!

NYY
03-07-2012, 6:54 PM
like, why even.. post this man. not cool.. not cool

Holescreek
03-07-2012, 7:56 PM
Sounds as if we've almost got you in our sights! :43:

I just read through the whole thread and found it quite hilarious. Depending on where you end up in Ohio there are some strong regional dialects but in the SW to central regions no one will notice any of your Calspeak and no one I've ever met gives two sh$ts about any movie stars!

I just found out a few weeks ago that OH has a 31 round mag limit, but I don't think anyone else knows either so it's all good.

Just had a bit of snow earlier in the week, melted off pretty quickly then warmed up to 60 so the tornadoes could pass through.

Have a safe trip, we'll all be waiting! :rolleyes:

I just saw my location isn't up top, Centerville, OH (north of Cincinnati south of Dayton)

1. Have you seen a movie star..? Already covered that one!

2. Are you a movie star..?? Who cares?

3. Are you a gay..?? Isn't everyone in CA? :hurray:

4. Are you ok with the gays...? We have plenty here but they're pretty well camouflaged. The flamers have their own spots in the bigger cities.

5. Have you been to Disneyland..? That old place? Everyone here heads down to Disneyworld when they want nostalgia.

6. Whats the ocean like..? Most everyone in OH has relatives that left this state a long time ago and went west either for opportunity, military service, to escape boredom. I lived in Hawaii 3 years before coming back to OH to settle down. If I wasn't "from" here, I wouldn't be living here now. Getting too old for the cold.

I'm assuming you already have a job lined up or you wouldn't be in the way. Housing is about as cheap as it gets here relative to the rest of the nation. You can get a nice place with some acreage for the price of a CA fishing shack from what I've heard.

sharxbyte
03-07-2012, 9:55 PM
x) sell them cheap... or shoot them... :p

Gratz on the move!

Trendkill
03-08-2012, 6:49 PM
Sounds as if we've almost got you in our sights! :43:

I just read through the whole thread and found it quite hilarious. Depending on where you end up in Ohio there are some strong regional dialects but in the SW to central regions no one will notice any of your Calspeak and no one I've ever met gives two sh$ts about any movie stars!

I just found out a few weeks ago that OH has a 31 round mag limit, but I don't think anyone else knows either so it's all good.

Just had a bit of snow earlier in the week, melted off pretty quickly then warmed up to 60 so the tornadoes could pass through.

Have a safe trip, we'll all be waiting! :rolleyes:

I just saw my location isn't up top, Centerville, OH (north of Cincinnati south of Dayton)

1. Have you seen a movie star..? Already covered that one!

2. Are you a movie star..?? Who cares?

3. Are you a gay..?? Isn't everyone in CA? :hurray:

4. Are you ok with the gays...? We have plenty here but they're pretty well camouflaged. The flamers have their own spots in the bigger cities.

5. Have you been to Disneyland..? That old place? Everyone here heads down to Disneyworld when they want nostalgia.

6. Whats the ocean like..? Most everyone in OH has relatives that left this state a long time ago and went west either for opportunity, military service, to escape boredom. I lived in Hawaii 3 years before coming back to OH to settle down. If I wasn't "from" here, I wouldn't be living here now. Getting too old for the cold.

I'm assuming you already have a job lined up or you wouldn't be in the way. Housing is about as cheap as it gets here relative to the rest of the nation. You can get a nice place with some acreage for the price of a CA fishing shack from what I've heard.

Centerville......went through there today.

Yesterday.....went through Kentucky not far from where one of the many tornadoes touched down the other day. Its beautiful down in Kentucky and they definately pick up on the "Cal-speak".......

So far , where Im at.....everyone sounds reasonably similar to me....atleast I think so.

As far as the 31 rounders go.....I think I can jam an additional round in my Pmags....I'll have to check on that. :rolleyes:

STR
03-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Good luck! I grew up near Lebanon, parents still there.

Hope you see lightning bugs in the summer.

Enjoy!