PDA

View Full Version : Good places to buy ammo in the Sacramento area

Moonshine
02-29-2012, 5:31 PM
What are some good places to buy ammo in Sacramento? I have gone to river city gun exchange but the prices aren't always the best. Customer service isn't exactly 5 star either. Some of the people there seem rude and unkowledgeable at times as well. I'm not trying to rag on the place, I've purchased a lot of stuff there but I'm ready to try somewhere else.

ChaneRZ
02-29-2012, 5:42 PM
Walmart and Ammo Depot in Folsom.

KeithG
02-29-2012, 5:43 PM
Get it delivered to your door. Try www.sgammo.com...I like shopping there. Six days from Stillwell, OK to Redondo Beach: $16 shipping UPS for 30 pounds.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

roushstage2
02-29-2012, 5:44 PM
There's Ammo Depot off of Hwy 50/Hazel Ave on Folsom Blvd.

Carsgunsandchics
02-29-2012, 6:12 PM
Also Discount Shooters Supply in Roseville.

Netzman
02-29-2012, 6:40 PM
Drive to Reno for the Big Gun Show and buy from Miwall, SUPER cheap.

Carsgunsandchics
02-29-2012, 6:47 PM
Drive to Reno for the Big Gun Show and buy from Miwall, SUPER cheap.

They'll be at the Cal Expo show this weekend I'm sure.

negolien
02-29-2012, 6:54 PM
Also Discount Shooters Supply in Roseville.

I agree with my friend here :p DSS is not a bad place. Very small but very helpful and friendly. I have purchased several things there and am 100% happy with their CS. They also have pretty good deals on the Surefire CR123 12-packs and Wolf Tula ammo. I would try and buy online if you can as the prices are usually better but DSS and Walmart are the best bet for local stores. Big 5 isn't bad sometimes they have good deals. Problem with brick and mortar stores is typically you have to actually go in there and see how much they're charging to compare them which is a drag and once you get in one of them stores it's hard NOT to buy something lol.

kblack583
02-29-2012, 7:01 PM
Wildsports has American Eagle 55g 223 for $5.49 and CCI Blazer Brass 9MM for $9.97 right now. 5 box minimum.

6doubleR
02-29-2012, 8:53 PM
thats a good price for the .223. Any idea how long that is good for? Will give them a call and head there at lunch tomorrow.

adrenaline
02-29-2012, 9:29 PM
Ammo Depot. Owner was a very nice guy.

I think he was selling some loads for $168 for 500 rounds. (.45acp)

I picked up my Speer Gold Dot .45acp carry rounds there.

ahren111
03-01-2012, 6:16 AM
Ammo Depot. Owner was a very nice guy.

I think he was selling some loads for $168 for 500 rounds. (.45acp)

I picked up my Speer Gold Dot .45acp carry rounds there.

:iagree:

+1 for Ammo Depot!! Good prices & great customer service!

SR-71 BLACKBIRD
03-01-2012, 8:01 AM
Moonshine, your thread has perfect timing. One of my co-workers just finished his AR last night and is excited to get some ammo. We were planning on going to River City because I just received one of those junk mail fliers in the mail with some cheap ammo prices. We will try Ammo Depot first.

I will try to control myself and not get some ammo also :p

Operative word there is try.....

jsr3313
03-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Depending on where you are and how far you want to go, I'd definitely suggest Discount Shooter Supply. I bought a few things from there, ammo, firearm, etc. Only SOME Walmarts sell ammo, so you have to make sure they do before you make the drive.

I hear there's a new place called Just Guns off Auburn Blvd that just opened as well.

Not sure about Ammo Depot, haven't been there. Maybe it's time to check them out.

But do your best NOT to buy ammo in the city of Sacramento (ie River City Gun Exchange). They tend to want your ID and other info. It's a "requirement" in the City. But anywhere else, you're good to go, just grab your ammo, pay, and leave. No paperwork to fill out.

animossity
03-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Gonna try and pickup a ****load of 45 at the gun show this weekend. Hopefully some decent prices there.

tonyxcom
03-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Make sure to get a tihsload too. The prices on ammo will be fantastic but you need to spread the parking and entrance fees across a lot of purchases to make it worth while. Oh and go straight to the Ammo when you get there. Don't wait till before you are leaving as they might be out of what you want by then.

You'll know you are at the right vendor because they are busy as hell.

ns209
03-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Ammo depot!!

tango_romeo
03-01-2012, 12:56 PM
++++ Ammo Depot, really nice owner, knows his stuff and isn't stuck up about it (as you'll find at other places). Shop is new and small, but they have almost any kind of ammo you could want; holsters, gun bags, targets, etc... are also available.

Just Guns has been around for a few years, I've found them to be overpriced on just about everything they carry...from guns, to holsters, to ammo, there are absolutely cheaper places to go.

Shooters Warehouse in Antelope, they are relatively new (past 4 months) but the owner used to have another gun shop in the Sacramento area. I've only been there once and they seemed nice enough, worth checking out if they stick around. Hard to find the shop, the address says Tupelo Drive, but it is buried deep in the shopping center on the REAR side of the building; you can see the front doors and sign from I-80 on the north west side.

kblack583
03-01-2012, 1:14 PM
thats a good price for the .223. Any idea how long that is good for? Will give them a call and head there at lunch tomorrow.

Just swung by Wildsports. Sale is over. Price for 223 back to $5.99.

tpat663
03-01-2012, 2:59 PM
I agree with Keith sgammo.com is the way to go.

jsr3313
03-01-2012, 3:04 PM
++++ Ammo Depot, really nice owner, knows his stuff and isn't stuck up about it (as you'll find at other places). Shop is new and small, but they have almost any kind of ammo you could want; holsters, gun bags, targets, etc... are also available.

Just Guns has been around for a few years, I've found them to be overpriced on just about everything they carry...from guns, to holsters, to ammo, there are absolutely cheaper places to go.

Shooters Warehouse in Antelope, they are relatively new (past 4 months) but the owner used to have another gun shop in the Sacramento area. I've only been there once and they seemed nice enough, worth checking out if they stick around. Hard to find the shop, the address says Tupelo Drive, but it is buried deep in the shopping center on the REAR side of the building; you can see the front doors and sign from I-80 on the north west side.

Shooters Warehouse seems to be a franchise. And I found that while they are personable, had a well-stocked wall of arms, they do seem to be light on ammo and higher priced than a lot of the other places that have a larger selection.

I didn't know Just Guns had been around for a while. I just heard about them.

My preference (due to location) is still Discount Shooters Supply. It's on my way home and easy to get to.

I will have to check out Ammo Depot though, as it sounds like most of you like them there.

jbe90
03-01-2012, 4:03 PM
+1 on ammo depot.
RCGE has good prices right now too.

Haven't been to the Discount Shooters Supply store might check 'em out this weekend.

SR-71 BLACKBIRD
03-01-2012, 10:30 PM
I wasn't very impressed with Just Guns. They have been there a while. Over priced, not very helpful. Asked one of the clerks to check on the price of a lower for me. Haven't heard back from him (3 months ago). I found some good prices at Shooters warehouse during their grand opening a few months ago, but haven't been back since. My coworker was making a trip to River City today, so he picked up some Federal 55gr for 30 cents a round. They had a flier that came in the junk mail a few days ago.

Although a little out of Sac, Sacramento Black Rifle has good prices on ammo from time to time.

Was not impressed with Sportsmans across the street from SBR. Over priced ammo. Same for the Walmart in Woodland.

The best prices I have found is at the Reno gun show last year, and recently the Vallejo gun show a few weeks ago.

I did not know about the gun show this weekend (kicking myself) at Cal Expo. I probably could have found better deals than what I paid at River City today.

roushstage2
03-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I find SBR and Sportsmans Warehouse to both have "regular" ammo prices you'd typically find in a store. Nothing more, nothing less.

Coded-Dude
03-01-2012, 10:36 PM
+1 for Discount Shooter in Roseville. Of course I really like them because they are just a few blocks away. Other than that, I use Sportsman's or Sacramento Black Rifle.