PDA

View Full Version : glendale gun show

rspar
02-29-2012, 6:16 PM
Anybody been to the Glendale Gun Show? I'm looking to get a lee zip trim and all the associated stuff. What are the chances of getting a decent deal there? I see it's this weekend.

edgerly779
02-29-2012, 6:24 PM
Same as killing a hog in san diego county. Not many deals there show is to small. Try ebay and this forum. Try gunbroker.com

gatesbox
02-29-2012, 6:40 PM
I heard there were some 1911 castings at cow palace, I just happen to have an appointment in Burbank on Saturday.....might have to give it a peek...

geedavell
02-29-2012, 6:51 PM
I went there once and was really disappointed. In and out in 1.5 hours

jyo
03-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Yes, it is a smaller show, but it has gotten way better in the last couple of years---plus you get free parking and reasonable entry fee unlike Costa Mesa show. I'll be there Sat.

Brandon04GT
03-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Can someone quickly tell me the stuff I can expect to see at the Glendale gun show? I've never been to a gun show in CA and for the most part I hear they are a waste of time. From my understanding the Costa Mesa gun show is just a Crossroads Of The West show right? Cause I hear those shows are crap.

I might be free this Sat and Glendale isn't too far from me like Costa Mesa is so I'm thinking about possibly checking it out.

Brandon

shafferds
03-01-2012, 2:20 PM
Costa mesa is huge compared to Glendale. Its like rolling the dice and see what you can find. Some good deals . . . Maybe not.

BruinGuy
03-01-2012, 3:25 PM
@rspar and Brandon04GT -

I'm tempted to say that what you'll find there is beef jerky and knick-knacks.

Seriously though, at Glendale you can expect three ammo sellers - MiWal, LAX, and our buddy Bulletman Serge. They'll all be worth checking out and comparing prices for some deals on ammo.

Otherwise, there will be 4 or 5 tables of guys selling AR uppers. I am skeptical of all of them. Ammo Bros will probably be there with some full retail guns. There's usually a couple tables of overpriced C&R. Otherwise, lots of supplies, lots of cheap accessories (both in price and quality) and plenty of tables of random junk.

I usually go to pick up ammo and some discount cleaning supplies. Usually in and out in about 2 hours.

Hope this helps, and don't forget to sample the jerky!

saki302
03-01-2012, 3:53 PM
I'll probably drop in and pick up some empty ammo cans. $8 entry is cheaper than shipping.

Other than ammo and knick knacks, I haven't bought much else there in ages. I did find some nice guns before- ''Blaze' Guerin sometimes has some nice stuff at his table (right side towards the back).

-Dave

rspar
03-01-2012, 3:54 PM
Might give it a try, thanks all. Although my buddy just asked me if I want to go shooting Saturday so.....

Brandon04GT
03-01-2012, 4:10 PM
@rspar and Brandon04GT -

I'm tempted to say that what you'll find there is beef jerky and knick-knacks.

Seriously though, at Glendale you can expect three ammo sellers - MiWal, LAX, and our buddy Bulletman Serge. They'll all be worth checking out and comparing prices for some deals on ammo.

Otherwise, there will be 4 or 5 tables of guys selling AR uppers. I am skeptical of all of them. Ammo Bros will probably be there with some full retail guns. There's usually a couple tables of overpriced C&R. Otherwise, lots of supplies, lots of cheap accessories (both in price and quality) and plenty of tables of random junk.

I usually go to pick up ammo and some discount cleaning supplies. Usually in and out in about 2 hours.

Hope this helps, and don't forget to sample the jerky!

Thanks for the info. Guess I might go check it out for maybe some ammo and jerky. I wonder if LAX prices their ammo the same as what they offer during their parking lot sales.

brassburnz
03-03-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm going just because I haven't been there in a while. There are usually some deals around if you look hard enough. I usually pick up ammo or padded pistol cases, stuff like that. Haven't bought a gun there is years.

amd64
03-03-2012, 2:43 PM
Went this morning. Packed house. Decent ammo deals.

brassburnz
03-03-2012, 3:39 PM
Just got back. The place was crazy. I've never seen it that packed before, even before the Obama scare.

ir0nclash86
03-03-2012, 3:47 PM
were there any m1 carbines for sale?

Brandon04GT
03-03-2012, 4:01 PM
Just got back. Finding parking was terrible and it was super crowded. Seemed to be a lot better than I thought but I see what everyone means now when they say everything was just basically full retail. I also see what everyone means about how annoying the damn stun gun sounds are haha

Surprisingly I only saw one beef jerky table and sampled a few flavors and it tasted amazing but was way too expensive.

The ammo prices were good but nothing too special after the $8 entrance fee.

I'm glad I went so I could say I've experienced a gun show around here once. I probably won't care to go again in the future though.

gatesbox
03-03-2012, 5:00 PM
Just got back bought some brass and cleaning supplies. Did not see any powder primer sales. Lots of ammo. Two floors free parking, lots of AR stuff typical dealers, some curio and military weapons, probably an M1 or two, but I was not looking....

Did not find any castings or 80% Lowers etc. did not find as much western leather, was looking for a shotgun belt...

RANDO
03-03-2012, 9:36 PM
There were a few m1's the only deals though were the ammo IMO. I did pick up some tuna jerky and I almost bought some 9mm ammo but I went to walmart and got it for $19.00 per 100

Loner
03-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Come for the ammo, stay for the jerky.

Picked up some ammo, and AR parts for my new rifle.

jyo
03-04-2012, 1:33 AM
Had a very successful day at the Glendale show---got rid of a bunch of stuff I no longer need---ran into several old shooting buddies---I would go again Sunday but I have to go to a funeral (Red Holloway, Jazz man and really nice guy) and a BBQ.

ir0nclash86
03-04-2012, 10:20 AM
There were a few m1's the only deals though were the ammo IMO. I did pick up some tuna jerky and I almost bought some 9mm ammo but I went to walmart and got it for $19.00 per 100

Thanks. I've got nothing going on today so I guess I'll head on down there with the wife and see if I can catch a good deal on an M1 Carbine. If not then I know Costa Mesa show has a ton of them all the time.