PDA

View Full Version : Handgun Safe for Stripped Lower?

bobdev
02-29-2012, 2:34 PM
I have a Stackon handgun safe. Would that be good enough for the safe affidavit on a stripped lower?

Bug Splat
02-29-2012, 3:48 PM
If its a rifle lower you don't need one, its just for pistols. Is this for a pistol lower?

baih777
02-29-2012, 3:59 PM
i bought two different lowers in the past two months from two different stores and both asked me to fill out the safe affidavit. one of the stores was riflegear for my polymer lower. that was only a few days ago.
i dont think they can tell what the model number goes two. as long as you have a model number just give it to them. dont ask dont tell.

brianm767
02-29-2012, 4:03 PM
Picked up a Winchester rifle today from a PPT, had to sign the safe affidavit.

Bug Splat
02-29-2012, 4:06 PM
Wow my LGS has only had me do it for pistols. I buy maybe 3 handguns a year and 3 rifles. I thought the law was only for pistols.

Anyway, I believe you only have to say you own a Cali approved safe, does not say it has to fit :D

Librarian
02-29-2012, 4:25 PM
Wow my LGS has only had me do it for pistols. I buy maybe 3 handguns a year and 3 rifles. I thought the law was only for pistols.

Anyway, I believe you only have to say you own a Cali approved safe, does not say it has to fit :D

CA says you need an approved safety device for every firearms purchase/transfer; a safe satisfies that requirement for long guns.

See also the wiki -- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Buying_and_selling_firearms_in_California#Locks.2C _Safes.2C_and_Laws

jm13690
02-29-2012, 5:08 PM
I had to sign one when I bought 2 rifle lowers.