View Full Version : Problems dialing in Troy Folding Sights

04-06-2007, 2:51 AM
I went our last Sunday to get my rifles dialed in, and I was having the hardest time with the Troy Folding Sites. I ended up with the rear set pretty far left, between one and two hash marks on the site. The rear is now offset, but it was the most accurate of the day in this configuration. Anyone had similar troubles or tips with these sites?

04-06-2007, 4:48 AM
Never mind, I got it.

04-06-2007, 7:58 AM
Never mind, I got it.

Just curious, what did you do to fix it? My guess is, is that the front sight wasn't centered properly....

04-06-2007, 8:03 AM
Sights not being "center" has nothing to do with the quality of the sight. Dialing in sights will be different for every shooter. Once you have adjusted them so you are hitting center, this is your "dope" its different for everyone with every rifle. Your rifle might be dialed it awesome for you but I might pick it up and shoot low left. I have had rifles that were perfect for me with no adjustments. My old issued M16A2 is an example. I shot perfect BZO with it and with FSP flush, 8/3 elevation, and 0 on the wind scale. My current issue M16A4 my dope is FSP down 4, 6/3-4, windage R5. All my other adjustments for range and wind are done from that starting position. I've shot expert with both.