PDA

View Full Version : RE: Off the hook special

Ed_Hazard
02-29-2012, 1:02 AM
Looks like I 'm going to have to swing by Turner's tommorow and get me some more lowers. Great price on this deal. :thumbsup:

Psykoasn
02-29-2012, 7:22 AM
hell yeah, I'm going to stop by today and pick up 2

ptgarcia
02-29-2012, 9:32 AM
I think I'm going to buy one, too and use it to build my first AR.

h0use
02-29-2012, 10:56 AM
thats a great deal!! better price than the gunshow!!

Psykoasn
02-29-2012, 11:34 AM
i just put a deposit down on 2 of them at signal hill, the store said it should be about 2 weeks until they can fill the back orders, i hope that's true

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-29-2012, 12:20 PM
i just put a deposit down on 2 of them at signal hill, the store said it should be about 2 weeks until they can fill the back orders, i hope that's true

Yep- JDM has a large order getting finished up and it will be here next week or the week after.

Psykoasn
02-29-2012, 1:02 PM
Yep- JDM has a large order getting finished up and it will be here next week or the week after.

Awesome

Speedpower
02-29-2012, 1:04 PM
For the price? I Will buy one just for the heck of it! ;)

Ed_Hazard
02-29-2012, 1:07 PM
I got 2 and added a consignment shotgun. Good way to save on the DROS fees. :thumbsup:

AVID HUNTER
02-29-2012, 1:26 PM
Bought an AK that showed up at the end of my 10 days with a bent front sight. If the new one they ordered has issues as well, I'm going to try and get a couple of those myself.

10ringshot
02-29-2012, 2:17 PM
I have been waiting for the last lower from Extreme Machining since last Novembers . Don't hold your breath.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=485811

gl0ckc0ma
02-29-2012, 2:21 PM
I have been waiting for the last lower from Extreme Machining since last Novembers . Don't hold your breath.

Ouch!

HPGunner
02-29-2012, 2:41 PM
Buy a few of them in bulk to save on the DROS fee. Otherwise this deal is only $10 cheaper than the $99 price I often see on JD lowers. Also does Turner's still charge an extra $5 for document fee/admin fee on top of the $25 DROS? If they do you only save $5, but I guess savings are still savings and if your local to a Turners this is a decent deal.

Psykoasn
02-29-2012, 3:02 PM

Damn that sucks, for making you wait that long they should just give you one of these

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-29-2012, 3:32 PM

Hmmm.....

1) These were a closeout; we sold quite a few and they are nice enough- most folks really liked them but there was an occasional QC or cosmetic issue. So we closed them out and turned to better known (and extremely consistent quality) lowers like JDM for a few bucks more.

2) The store dropped the ball- no bones about it. They shouldn't have taken a deposit and more so they should have followed up much sooner- period.

3) Most importantly- we'll take care of you. PM on the way.

L4D
02-29-2012, 3:53 PM
Here they go again. I just called the kearny mesa store and they don't even have any in-stock. Not 1.

They are taking deposits and have no estimate of arrival......

Maltese Falcon
02-29-2012, 4:08 PM
I was thinking about picking up a "spare", but the last two "spares" I got metamorphed into full on builds. :)

...for some reason they cannot stay stripped.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-29-2012, 5:06 PM

Here they go again. I just called the kearny mesa store and they don't even have any in-stock. Not 1.

They are taking deposits and have no estimate of arrival......

Ummm, yes... Two weeks...

drivwfo
02-29-2012, 5:19 PM
damn.. always good off the hook specials when I am out of town for work.. :mad:

smallfreye
02-29-2012, 5:43 PM
how does one receive notification of these deals beforehand? This is the first I've seen of this.

GMG
02-29-2012, 7:39 PM
Hmmmmmmm off the hook special....is posted on 2/29 and ends 2/29.

Not much notice !!!!!!!!!!!

ke6guj
02-29-2012, 7:50 PM
how does one receive notification of these deals beforehand? This is the first I've seen of this.you can sign up to get them emailed to you.

I got the email at 4:30 on 2/28

Clinton1183
02-29-2012, 9:22 PM
Ummm, yes... Two weeks...

You might want to pass that along to your employees. I went to the San Bernardino store around 6:30 and put one on "layaway" (paid in full). I was told they don't know when they will be getting them back in stock and made it sound like it was going to take a long time.

monkeylice
03-01-2012, 2:26 AM
you can sign up to get them emailed to you.

Thanks, I'm signed up now! Sounds like I wouldn't have been able to get a lower for sure anyway but I'm still kicking myself...

Ganner
03-01-2012, 6:54 AM

I'm also still waiting for my Extreme Lower since november....:mad:

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-01-2012, 9:12 AM

These specials are not posted here, they are sent on Tues pm/Wed am to folks who sign up for them on our website. Please visit our website to get signed up for future specials.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-01-2012, 9:14 AM
I'm also still waiting for my Extreme Lower since november....:mad:

PM sent :)

cxr
03-01-2012, 11:21 AM

i know right... they should of made this a calguns special first @ 79.99 :)... then offered it to the public :(

dougolupski
03-01-2012, 11:32 AM
I got off the plane from Mexico City yesterday and saw the email on my phone drove straight to the Reseda store. Randy was very upfront about the stock issue and quoted me two weeks. Put my money money down as quick as possible, wasnt planning on building an AR yet but at that price what the hell. At least the "hard part" will be over and it can kick around the safe for awhile until I do something with it.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-02-2012, 6:34 AM
i know right... they should of made this a calguns special first @ 79.99 :)... then offered it to the public :(

Like this? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=542810) :)

socalbowhunter
03-02-2012, 7:29 AM

haha, owned.

monkeylice
03-03-2012, 1:42 AM

Hahahaha, well-played!

stitchnicklas
03-03-2012, 10:18 PM
:rolleyes:

Psykoasn
03-08-2012, 6:31 AM
here's to hoping the lowers came in early.....

10ringshot
03-09-2012, 5:29 PM
Hmmm.....

1) These were a closeout; we sold quite a few and they are nice enough- most folks really liked them but there was an occasional QC or cosmetic issue. So we closed them out and turned to better known (and extremely consistent quality) lowers like JDM for a few bucks more.

2) The store dropped the ball- no bones about it. They shouldn't have taken a deposit and more so they should have followed up much sooner- period.

3) Most importantly- we'll take care of you. PM on the way.

Thanks Bill,
Just wanted those here to know that you did take care of the order timely and professionally . The store at Chino Hills rewrote the order from the Xtreme lower to the more expensive Palmetto Armory and made the price adjustment to reflect the original price of the Nov special. They did it with a smile. Thanks for getting involved and getting it right. Best regards,Tony

Psykoasn
03-09-2012, 7:19 PM
Thanks Bill,
Just wanted those here to know that you did take care of the order timely and professionally . The store at Chino Hills rewrote the order from the Xtreme lower to the more expensive Palmetto Armory and made the price adjustment to reflect the original price of the Nov special. They did it with a smile. Thanks for getting involved and getting it right. Best regards,Tony

Awesome, i'm glad to hear they hooked you up

Clinton1183
03-10-2012, 8:32 AM
Any news on when the lowers are coming in?

Psykoasn
03-12-2012, 9:49 AM
Will the lowers come in this week?

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks Bill,

Awesome; thanks for letting us know about it so that we could get it taken care of.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Any news on when the lowers are coming in?

Will the lowers come in this week?

That's what PSA and JDM told us but we're thinking later in the week.

Psykoasn
03-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get a call this week to start my dros for the JD lowers

ptgarcia
03-15-2012, 3:35 PM
So where are we at on these?

dtjester
03-15-2012, 3:42 PM
So where are we at on these?

Edit: Nevermind, I was talking about the PSA lowers that were the CGN members only special.

Psykoasn
03-15-2012, 3:49 PM
I was hoping to get a call today, I hope they call soon

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-16-2012, 12:12 PM
I was hoping to get a call today, I hope they call soon

We just received 25 JDM lowers; they still owe us close to another 200. We fill deposits (first sold, first filled) and we'll do the same when the others arrive.

dougolupski
03-16-2012, 1:43 PM
If we are high on the list when do think we might hear from our stores. Just want to know if I already missed the boat on the first shipment.

Psykoasn
03-17-2012, 9:45 PM
Damn, i didn't get a call yet, I must not have been high enough on the list, when is the next shipment expected?

dougolupski
03-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Any word when the second shipment is coming in. I got all of my parts sitting and waiting, tempted to find one instock some where so I can just get my DROS started.

Psykoasn
03-20-2012, 1:24 PM
Awesome, i just called them and they told me they allocated my order, so I'm going to go and start my DROS today

dougolupski
03-20-2012, 2:12 PM
Damnit, well I am happy for you at least. Havent gotten a call and havent got a response on the board.

Psykoasn
03-20-2012, 3:29 PM
Damnit, well I am happy for you at least. Havent gotten a call and havent got a response on the board.

they didn't call me either, i had to call them, when i asked them they told me i can start my DROS today, but they didn't physically have the lowers with them yet, they said i was pretty high up on the list

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Any word when the second shipment is coming in. I got all of my parts sitting and waiting, tempted to find one instock some where so I can just get my DROS started.

they didn't call me either, i had to call them, when i asked them they told me i can start my DROS today, but they didn't physically have the lowers with them yet, they said i was pretty high up on the list

JDM usually ships us 100 or 200 at a time. But their shipping is killin' us (or them) right now. We got an initial shipment of 25 and we just got another 25. Hopefully they step it up and finish this off in bigger amounts.

And we've gotten on a few stores for falling behind on notifying folks on their deposits. E-mail Rob Z. (robz@turners.com) if you have issues or concerns that he can help you with if that happens.

dougolupski
03-24-2012, 3:23 PM
Thanks I emailed Rob today. I bought another lower you guys had instock so at least I am now on a 10 day count down.

ptgarcia
03-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Anyone getting a call about these? I'm still waiting for mine and I put my money down in Rancho around 11:00 a.m.

dougolupski
03-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Negative. I even emailed Rob on the weekend and no reply.

Psykoasn
03-29-2012, 11:17 AM
I called them and found out, I pick mine up tomorrow

ptgarcia
03-29-2012, 11:22 AM
I called them and found out, I pick mine up tomorrow

I called, too, but still don't have mine.

dougolupski
03-29-2012, 11:58 AM
I am going to wait till tuesday when I go into Reseda to pick up my Wasr and DPMS lower and ask then. I went in on a fluke to ask last week and bought another gun and lower, fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-29-2012, 2:52 PM
I am going to wait till tuesday when I go into Reseda to pick up my Wasr and DPMS lower and ask then. I went in on a fluke to ask last week and bought another gun and lower, fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.

PM sent.

Psykoasn
03-30-2012, 7:34 PM
i just tried to pick up my lowers right now at the Signal Hill store, and the store didn't have them, they had 10 days to deliver it

Edit: This was hopefully resolved with the store

Psykoasn
04-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah! the store pulled thru, i picked up my lowers today

ptgarcia
04-05-2012, 8:59 AM
Still waiting for mine. Had I known the wait would be more than 5 weeks and not the 2 weeks indicated I would have spent $10 more and bought a lower in stock.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 3:11 PM
Still waiting for mine. Had I known the wait would be more than 5 weeks and not the 2 weeks indicated I would have spent $10 more and bought a lower in stock.

Ditto for us- had we known or thought that JDM would not be shipping our order complete, we would not have put their receivers in the Weds special or any other ad.

It seems that they are "rationing" guns out to many folks at once as opposed to completely filling our 100-200 piece orders like they did before. Instead, we are getting about 25 every 5 to 7 days.

If you (or any CGN member) wants to roll into the Palmetto State Armory at the CGN price from our special (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=542810) a few weeks back, you can do so.

ptgarcia
04-05-2012, 3:18 PM
Ditto for us- had we known or thought that JDM would not be shipping our order complete, we would not have put their receivers in the Weds special or any other ad.

It seems that they are "rationing" guns out to many folks at once as opposed to completely filling our 100-200 piece orders like they did before. Instead, we are getting about 25 every 5 to 7 days.

If you (or any CGN member) wants to roll into the Palmetto State Armory at the CGN price from our special (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=542810) a few weeks back, you can do so.

Are the Palmetto lowers in stock? And to purchase one instead of the JD do I just need to talk to Carol?

dougolupski
04-05-2012, 3:19 PM
That my friend is a gooood question.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 3:25 PM
Are the Palmetto lowers in stock? And to purchase one instead of the JD do I just need to talk to Carol?

Yes; in our warehouse and the stores. We loaded them up so that stores could make the swap. And we have 100's on the way and in this case PSA will ship those orders complete.

dougolupski
04-05-2012, 3:27 PM
Im in let me know if there is some way to get it locked in. I am in Denver right now and live in Santa Barbara so getting to Reseda can be a pain this coming week. More so would like to get it lockup so I can get down there next weekend and Dros it.

ptgarcia
04-05-2012, 3:31 PM
Yes; in our warehouse and the stores. We loaded them up so that stores could make the swap. And we have 100's on the way and in this case PSA will ship those orders complete.

Cool. So do I need to tell the gun counter anything special to get that $79.98 price?

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 3:35 PM
Cool. So do I need to tell the gun counter anything special to get that $79.98 price?

Just talk to one of the managers and they'll take care of it.
PM on the way.

ptgarcia
04-05-2012, 3:38 PM
Thank you Bill, I really appreciate it!

Paul

Psykoasn
04-05-2012, 4:11 PM
I'm going to have to tell my buddy about this he is still waiting for his JD lowers

ptgarcia
04-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Went to the Rancho store this morning and Ashley took care of me and made the switch. Thanks again Bill for your assistance.

dougolupski
04-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Rise, Rise necropost. Seriously I was somewhat ok for a while but we are over a month and a half here. Now I am starting to get pissed. I aint gonna drive an hour and a half to my nearest Turners to be told the PSA lower are out of stock as well. I havent received a response to my last post. When are we going to see these.

dtjester
04-16-2012, 7:06 PM
Rise, Rise necropost. Seriously I was somewhat ok for a while but we are over a month and a half here. Now I am starting to get pissed. I aint gonna drive an hour and a half to my nearest Turners to be told the PSA lower are out of stock as well. I havent received a response to my last post. When are we going to see these.

Maybe a phone call to your store is in order?

dougolupski
04-17-2012, 1:31 PM
Thats what I am thinking right now. Just surprised Bill hasn't reponded to the post a week ago. From what I have seen he hasn't been on in the last few days. I am a patient man and have sung the praises of Turners before (see Damn Reseda) but there comes a point where I stop trying to go out of my way and give my money to them. There is a new store in ventura that I am trying out thats really competitive so we will see how that works out.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-18-2012, 4:10 PM
Thats what I am thinking right now. Just surprised Bill hasn't reponded to the post a week ago. From what I have seen he hasn't been on in the last few days. I am a patient man and have sung the praises of Turners before (see Damn Reseda) but there comes a point where I stop trying to go out of my way and give my money to them. There is a new store in ventura that I am trying out thats really competitive so we will see how that works out.

We have 500 PSA's on order and an equal amount of JDM's.
PSA will likely ship 100-200 at a time; JDM is only shipping about 20-25 a week.
We just received a few more today.

dougolupski
04-18-2012, 8:23 PM
So does that mean I can dros one on friday at reseda? Its a 1.5 hour drive for me I not going to go there an swap orders if I am still gonna wait for a PSA.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 2:50 PM
So does that mean I can dros one on friday at reseda? Its a 1.5 hour drive for me I not going to go there an swap orders if I am still gonna wait for a PSA.

PM sent.

Clinton1183
04-19-2012, 7:51 PM
8 weeks now and still no lower. I put my money down to secure a JD lower, I don't want a PSA lower. If I had known it was going take this long I never would have purchased from you guys. This is just absolutely ridiculous to have a special and not actually have the item in stock when you do.

richardh
04-25-2012, 3:27 PM
Any news when you're going to be able to complete all the orders or is the PSA lower still the other option?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-27-2012, 9:07 AM
8 weeks now and still no lower. I put my money down to secure a JD lower, I don't want a PSA lower. If I had known it was going take this long I never would have purchased from you guys. This is just absolutely ridiculous to have a special and not actually have the item in stock when you do.

We ran the special based on JDM promising 200+ lowers for that ad; likewise that ad went to all of our customers so the response was huge- compounding the whole shipping issue. We're annoyed as you guys are. And we understand if you have a preference for the JDM. They are still milking that order- shipping 20 to 25 a week. We know you want the lower and frankly we want to complete the sale, but we'll gladly roll your $90+ into another purchase or refund it for you outright. It's your call; we understand.

Any news when you're going to be able to complete all the orders or is the PSA lower still the other option?

Thanks

At rate of 20-25 per week, the guys at the back of the line are going to be waiting a few more weeks. Palmetto State has an order of 500 that they say will ship by next week; they've been consistently good with following those orders through.

As mentioned above, let us know what you want to do- wait on the JDM's and keep your place in line, swap to the PSA when those arrive here in the week or so, roll into another purchase or even take a refund.

Availability of lowers is going to be crazy for the indefinite future- folks are stockpiling them for insulation against new laws and with long gun registration on the horizon for CA, it'll stay tough throughout 2013.

richardh
04-27-2012, 9:33 AM
We ran the special based on JDM promising 200+ lowers for that ad; likewise that ad went to all of our customers so the response was huge- compounding the whole shipping issue. We're annoyed as you guys are. And we understand if you have a preference for the JDM. They are still milking that order- shipping 20 to 25 a week. We know you want the lower and frankly we want to complete the sale, but we'll gladly roll your $90+ into another purchase or refund it for you outright. It's your call; we understand.

At rate of 20-25 per week, the guys at the back of the line are going to be waiting a few more weeks. Palmetto State has an order of 500 that they say will ship by next week; they've been consistently good with following those orders through.

As mentioned above, let us know what you want to do- wait on the JDM's and keep your place in line, swap to the PSA when those arrive here in the week or so, roll into another purchase or even take a refund.

Availability of lowers is going to be crazy for the indefinite future- folks are stockpiling them for insulation against new laws and with long gun registration on the horizon for CA, it'll stay tough throughout 2013.

Well, I definitely don't want a refund. I guess I'll wait until next week to decide. I'm familiar with PSA and their quality but I really wanted a JDM. Now I wish I got 2.

Thank you for your response.

Clinton1183
05-02-2012, 10:02 AM
At rate of 20-25 per week, the guys at the back of the line are going to be waiting a few more weeks.

I'm really debating on whether to get a refund or just wait it out as I've already waited this long. Is there any way to get a better estimate for the wait?

Turner's Outdoorsman
05-04-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm really debating on whether to get a refund or just wait it out as I've already waited this long. Is there any way to get a better estimate for the wait?

This week was much the same- 15 lowers arrived ... about 80 folks still in line...

PM sent.

dougolupski
05-04-2012, 2:00 PM
Bill where we at with the pm's we have been going back and forth with?

Clinton1183
05-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Going for a refund tonight. Hopefully that is less of a hassle than it was to pay for the lower. Good news for anyone behind me in line I guess

dougolupski
05-17-2012, 9:17 AM
OK just rolled past the 2 and a half month point. Waiting waiting waiting................

Clinton1183
05-17-2012, 10:20 PM
OK just rolled past the 2 and a half month point. Waiting waiting waiting................

Funny the manager at the San Bernardino store must have lied to me. He told me when he came back with my paperwork that they just hit the warehouse and I could start the DROS

dougolupski
05-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Yeah I have heard that before from another member that went to cancel there order well. I just cant justify the time to drive down to Reseda from Santa Barbara to be jerked around. I would be pretty pissed if they pulled sonething like that on me and more than likely being the stubborn Polock I am I would still tell to give me my money back.

I am not a Turners hater yet but there is a reason the last four fire arms I bought in the last three months were not purchased from a Turners store.

Clinton1183
05-18-2012, 6:40 PM
Yeah I have heard that before from another member that went to cancel there order well. I just cant justify the time to drive down to Reseda from Santa Barbara to be jerked around. I would be pretty pissed if they pulled sonething like that on me and more than likely being the stubborn Polock I am I would still tell to give me my money back.

I am not a Turners hater yet but there is a reason the last four fire arms I bought in the last three months were not purchased from a Turners store.

Oh I still canceled and got my money back.

I really hope upper management reads this. This whole experience really turned me off to Tuner's. I work in sales and understand trying to keep a customer but don't flat out lie to me. I don't appreciate being lied to, between that and the whole hassle of the buying process this will be my first and only time I try to buy anything from Turner's again. From what I have read here on Calguns it seems there needs to be a lot of retraining going on and less excuses.

longv
05-22-2012, 11:12 AM
still waiting for mine...

richardh
05-22-2012, 1:36 PM
I was called last week and I stopped by on Sunday to DROS it. Turners isn't my favorite place but I don't think this is Turner's fault.

dougolupski
06-15-2012, 9:04 AM
Still waiting going on what looks like four months now.