PDA

View Full Version : Del-Ton Screwed Up My Order (Mini-Rant)

R8RRunner
02-28-2012, 9:49 PM
Ok, so heres the deal......

I ordered a custom built upper from del-ton about three weeks ago. I ordered it from them cause they were within my price range. I received it from Mr. UPS man today and realized the invoice in the box didn't match my emailed receipt.

So! I checked the barrel and sure as s**t, the barrel matched the invoice in the box but not the invoice emailed to me, which is correct for what I wanted, when I made the order.

The item in question is the one item I really wanted. I ordered a 1x7 Chrome-lined heavy barrel.....what did I get??? I got a 1x9 barrel. To top it off from what I can tell it isn't even a chrome-lined 1x9 barrel!:mad::mad:

Everything else about the order is right, just not the most important part.

Now I'm pondering just sending the whole dam thing back and getting a refund. Seriously, how the f*** to you put a 1x9 barrel on when the original order clearly says 1x7 Chrome-Lined!!!

Has anyone else ordered from them and had problems with the order being assembled incorrectly based on what you actually ordered?

Rant over.........for now at least until I get a response back to the email I just sent Del-ton.

adrenalinejunkie
02-28-2012, 9:53 PM
That sucks to hear man. I ordered a full kit from them and had a great experience- great customer service and I got it shipped to my door in like 2 weeks. I'm sure if you contact them about it they'll make it right and might even throw some extra stuff in for you or swap out the barrel and credit you to the price of a 1x9 barrel.

R8RRunner
02-28-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm hoping they do something. Not exactly looking forward to possibly waiting another 3 weeks.:(

adrenalinejunkie
02-28-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm hoping they do something. Not exactly looking forward to possibly waiting another 3 weeks.:(

Yeah I hear you just send them an email and/or call them i'm sure they'll make it right. Good luck!

Seesm
02-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Chrome line is overated... keep it and shoot it and have them credit you back for the difference.

dieselpower
02-29-2012, 4:25 AM
I'd ask for a swap. Its just a 3 week wait, not the end of the world. Call first.

smle-man
02-29-2012, 7:19 AM
Mine went just fine plus I got a credit for the purchase that gave me about $30 towards spares for my new A2.

R8RRunner
02-29-2012, 4:09 PM
Talked to Del-ton today. They emailed me a new UPS tag for overnight shipping. They told me the barrel will be swapped out for the correct one the day they receive it, so tomorrow, and it will be overnighted back to me.

So, if I met all the UPS cutoffs for next day air then I should have the upper back on Friday. Its about $60 one way for next day air so, for now, I'm okay with them covering the next day air option both ways to correct their mistake.

R8RRunner
03-03-2012, 3:16 PM
Del-Ton came through for me. They paid a hefty price for overnight shipping both ways and Saturday deliver to make it happen but they got me my upper back in 3 days with the right 1x7 CL barrel.

I know Del-Ton is not the cream of the crop and some people bash the hell out of them but they do have freakin awesome customer service and did more then most by overnighting this thing back and forth to correct their mistake.

Would definitely work with them again after my experience and seeing how they handle correcting their mistake.

adrenalinejunkie
03-03-2012, 3:17 PM
I had a feeling they would come through for you. From my communications with them they're great people and work to make their customers happy. And after 1000 rounds on my full del-ton AR it's been absolutely flawless.

Fjold
03-03-2012, 3:36 PM
You have to give them credit for an outstanding response to your problem.