PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Firearms FAL wait times & communication

faveson
02-28-2012, 9:29 PM
hey, has anybody here ordered an FAL(or variant) from Atlantic that was "in stock"? they received my funds & FFL info on the 21st but the rifle still hasn't shipped. order status on their website simply says submitted and when i emailed them about the status the reply was the same thing...."submitted". :confused:

i know it takes a few extra minutes to install a bullet button on the thing in order to ship it here but how long should i give them until i contact them again to find out whats up?

btw, ive never been able to get them to answer the phone so is there a better way to try communicating with them?

the general consensus is that they're on the up & up but the lack of communication (being kept in the dark)is a little irritating. if busier than normal, a brief reply email or quick phone call isn't asking too much when the website says "3-5days" to ship items.
TIA

gatdammit
02-28-2012, 9:30 PM
I believe there is a representative that has a logon here at Calguns. Check the vendor section.

kingmoochr
02-28-2012, 10:24 PM
i think its 3-5 days to ship anything, probably more with the bb install. dont forget, the weekend doesnt count.

Eddie1965
02-28-2012, 10:49 PM
I ordered an AES-10b from them last month; their website says 7-10 business days to ship to California. My rifle shipped on the ninth business day. You'll get you're rifle.

faveson
02-28-2012, 10:55 PM
thanks for the responses. will keep you all posted on my 1st time experience with them. their prices and selection are hard to beat with the added bonus of being cali sympathetic. they also offer a small calguns members' discounts on firearms.

stay tuned

68Datsun510
02-28-2012, 11:16 PM
My Saiga, being a "sporting rifle" shipped out very quick, i wouldnt worry. This is the one sector of the economy that cant hire/ship fast enough ;)

Atlantic Firearms
02-29-2012, 4:35 PM
Faveson , we do list at the top of your order that CA orders will take approx 7 -10 business days to process & ship out and you will be emailed with fedex tracking info once the order ships out .We do not have the time to continually type updates on orders to the web site the order will show Submitted until it has shipped and then show that status . We have a fourm right hear on Cal Guns that we normally check every 24 -48 hours . We are getting approx 400 emails a day but normally return these in 24 hours and are not aware of any emails from you about this order status . If you pleas PM us with all your contact info and we will be glad to search our email database to see when you have tried to email and why it was not returned. You can give up on calling the phone lines have been crazy for every call we can answer there are 5 tryin to ring through this past 4 weeks have be absurd with the ammount of calls & emails.

68Datsun510
02-29-2012, 5:01 PM
Its an election year!

GettoPhilosopher
02-29-2012, 5:08 PM
Atlantic treated me great and got me a Saiga 12 when no one else had em.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

jasonnorcal
02-29-2012, 6:42 PM
Atlantic is GTG. I've got 2 Saigas from them. It took a minute, but I got them

Atlantic Firearms
03-01-2012, 3:04 AM
I will say the call & email volume at this time is 6 -8 times more than normal it has been quite crazy and it all cropped up in the last 3 -4 weeks. We have 8 people doing paperwork and shipping each day and they can barley stay on top of the wave. We were not expecting the Election freak out until mid summer. We do have Verizion coming in a week to start upgrading our phone lines etc so things should get better in the future .Most AK 47 & AR15 rifles are already starting to dry up across the US Ammo is next .....

faveson
03-22-2012, 9:42 AM
had no idea of the volume of orders you were receiving but thanks for the reply.

didnt see the "7-10 day" thing for cali customers since the website is so expansive, but i did receive the carbine and it functions beautifully.

i'll recommend you folks to my friends after the election hype dies down :rolleyes:

good job & thanks again.

Fherot
03-22-2012, 10:01 AM
I really hate election years people freak right out and feel the need to arm themselves with a 12th rifle and 5000 rounds of ammo...

Meaning I need to stockpile ammo so I don't run out just to plink but then I become 'one of them'.

In other news: When I sell off 1-3 of my guns and election madness is over I'll be all over Atlantic's site for an AK or Saiga...

CAGLS
03-24-2012, 11:04 AM
I made an online purchase of a long gun from here on the 21st and called in to cancel on the 24th. I found it for less with a lower shipping fee. They wouldn't do a price match when I mentioned it, plus I don't see why it would take 7-10 days to process an order going to CA. They want to charge me a $30 restocking fee even though it hasn't shipped! The weapon doesn't wasn't irreversibly modified or anything added, like a bullet button. There was no paperwork submitted to dros yet, just a "restocking fee to put it back on the shelf which I doubt it was even off the shelf. By now I would have gotten shipping email and tracking info on the item from any other online dealer. Think twice before you hit the commit button on a purchase from Atlantic firearms and buyer beware of this rediculous fee. Didn't even get a discount when mentioned I'm a member of calguns. To ensure they get theirs they charge this fee if you happen to find it for less before your firearm has shipped your stuck like I am now. I thought this restocking fee would only be charged if the item has shipped, received and I decided to return it. This will be my last purchase from here to say the least.

luckystrike
03-24-2012, 11:32 AM
They could probably care less. I wanted to spend 1600 dollars on a yugo krinkov but they told me nope and nope to my money. That alone should be a good representation of atlantic firearms customer service.

CAGLS
03-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Well unfortunately now I know but at least I can warn everybody else.:cuss:

fighterpilot562
03-25-2012, 1:39 AM
I will say the call & email volume at this time is 6 -8 times more than normal it has been quite crazy and it all cropped up in the last 3 -4 weeks. We have 8 people doing paperwork and shipping each day and they can barley stay on top of the wave. We were not expecting the Election freak out until mid summer. We do have Verizion coming in a week to start upgrading our phone lines etc so things should get better in the future .Most AK 47 & AR15 rifles are already starting to dry up across the US Ammo is next .....

pretty good update i say haha

Atlantic Firearms
03-25-2012, 6:05 AM
We do list on our web site to please make sure before you buy that you are committed to the order this is very clearly listed and not hidden , once a order is placed we will start to invest time in pulling the order & starting the paperwork process. If a customer changes a order or cancels we have to stop the order , reverse the paperwork , reboot the item into the inventory and refund your card all of this taking time . The credit card companys also charge you higher rates for the more refunds you do we are already loosing 3 -4 % on credit card sales so if our rates go up then that is no fun. We also told you very clearly on the phone that most CA orders shipped quicker and your did not need conversion so it would ship out on Monday.

We do Clearly list the restocking fee on cancelled orders in the How to Buy section and did not ask for 15% only $30.00 When ordering you have 1 entire page that say that you have read & understand the How to Buy section and are agreeing to the terms of service . We have done our best to list everything in black & white for customers to read .After you Hung up on us we emailed you a copy of the terms of service etc for you to review , We are sorry that you are not happy but we do our best to play by the rules as outlined if you feel necessary to speak badly about our firm because you are trying to alter the agreement then that is up to you. We have been a Cal Gun member since 2006 and a paid sponsor of this site and will continue to try to work with California Residents in the future bringing in the black rifles.

Atlantic Firearms
03-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Lucky Strike , Not sure why you are mad at our firm for saying no we could not accommodate your order ? If you wanted a Krink side folder and we do not offer them in a CA Legal configuration then we would have told you no. We do not offer a custom stock pinning service so could not ship the rifle to CA in the current configuration offered . We probably offer the widest selection of Military Style CA Legal rifles in the US but cannot cannot do each and every special request however we are continually trying to expand the offerings.

skibuff
03-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Got my PTR 91 from them I've made a couple request for things I want that they can't do but they are alway up front and fair with me. I know some day they will find a way to get me my MP5 clone in my $1k budget.

I'm just happy Atlantic treats us CA residents good by selling us guns. Not many out of state shops that will work with us these days.

Turbinator
03-25-2012, 1:32 PM
Lucky Strike , Not sure why you are mad at our firm for saying no we could not accommodate your order ? If you wanted a Krink side folder and we do not offer them in a CA Legal configuration then we would have told you no. We do not offer a custom stock pinning service so could not ship the rifle to CA in the current configuration offered . We probably offer the widest selection of Military Style CA Legal rifles in the US but cannot cannot do each and every special request however we are continually trying to expand the offerings.

+1

If you're a high volume shop, the key is to stick to a few things that you can do very well. One-offs and variety could result in costly errors, and result in customer frustration.

I browse your site all the time with hopes and dreams of buying.. keep it up, love the fact that you sell and cater to CA. Thanks for doing this.

Turby

gao1976
03-25-2012, 2:34 PM

Support AF , because they support us CA gun owners.

chead
03-25-2012, 2:37 PM
AF rules. You can always just call them. They've always picked up the phone and told me what I wanted to know.

Root66
03-25-2012, 2:43 PM
I recently took delivery of a FAL from Atlantic, they told me it would be a two week wait for the one I wanted but called and said if I wanted one with a quad rail they would ship immediately and they did. Couldn't be happier with the service.

chead
03-25-2012, 3:00 PM
Dang, that rail looks nice. Don't see many FALs with them, but it looks great.

BinaryBoom
03-25-2012, 5:09 PM
I order items from Atlantic maybe every two months. It’s either rifles, ammo or exploding targets and I have never had anything but excellent customer service from them. I've never tried to cancel an order because I found it twenty bucks cheaper some where else. That’s just not worth the time, and causes headaches for everyone. Everyone has restocking fees...whether they had pulled it from the shelf or not.....

The Gleam
03-25-2012, 5:17 PM
Well unfortunately now I know but at least I can warn everybody else.:cuss:

With only 11 posts, and some gaping errors on your own part clearly indicated in your anecdote, I think a good plenty of people will simply consider the source, and continue to purchase and get great service from Atlantic, just as I have time and time again.

AND they even reply to customer's questions right here on Calguns, directly and in the first person? How many gun dealers/wholesalers even do that whom are domiciled here in California, let alone several states away??

CAGLS
03-26-2012, 12:59 AM
With only 11 posts, and some gaping errors on your own part clearly indicated in your anecdote, I think a good plenty of people will simply consider the source, and continue to purchase and get great service from Atlantic, just as I have time and time again.

AND they even reply to customer's questions right here on Calguns, directly and in the first person? How many gun dealers/wholesalers even do that whom are domiciled here in California, let alone several states away??

Btw post count doesn't mean anything. What ever it's everyone's decision, but just want to let everyone know upfront since it's so well placed that it could easily be overlooked. If I knew before I committed I wouldn't have. I was led to believe there was only one type of restocking fee not two.

Of course there going to respond to customer's questions directly and in first person, they are paying vendors on here.

I'm not going to cancel because of this fee, but just as it is my choice to not be a repeat customer, at least if anyone reads this will be aware of the other policy and make their own decision to purchase or not. Done and moving on.

Fherot
03-26-2012, 5:26 AM
What I get from this entire thread is that I want to purchase from AF in the future.

Ryan in SD
03-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Only immature people with no patience whine about Atlantic, and its only recent that they have been busier than normal. Give them a break, they care about their customers. During a huge group buy I got my S12 within 4 days.

Its a CA friendly company with growing pains, this is a good thing. Stop whining. Count to ten. Grow up.

Its hilarious that people get so butthurt and take it personally that a company doesnt drop everything to ship their gun right away despite all their other paying customers. Its amazing the emotional attachment they have with a friggin gun.

CRACKERJACK
03-26-2012, 9:40 PM
Everyone has restocking fees...whether they had pulled it from the shelf or not.....
I was thinking the same thing. And on that note, that is actually the lowest restocking fee I have ever seen for a gun. That actually makes me want to deal with them more than I did before.

Good job AF, seems even with your growth you have still kept up with what you promised your customers.

Atlantic Firearms
03-27-2012, 3:18 AM
On a side note the customer ordered the rifle last Wed afternoon and it was shipped this Monday so about 2.5 -3 buisness days processing time including the CA DOJ approval paperwork. Also we added a few extra freebie items in the guys package to offset his bad mood !!

-hanko
03-27-2012, 7:04 AM
Only immature people with no patience whine about Atlantic, and its only recent that they have been busier than normal.

Its a CA friendly company with growing pains, this is a good thing. Stop whining. Count to ten. Grow up.

Its hilarious that people get so butthurt and take it personally that a company doesnt drop everything to ship their gun right away despite all their other paying customers. Its amazing the emotional attachment they have with a friggin gun.
Maturity definitely figures-in. I like the 10-day-wait whining support threads:rolleyes::eek:. With age comes patience, I guess.

-hanko

GettoPhilosopher
03-27-2012, 12:20 PM
On a side note the customer ordered the rifle last Wed afternoon and it was shipped this Monday so about 2.5 -3 buisness days processing time including the CA DOJ approval paperwork. Also we added a few extra freebie items in the guys package to offset his bad mood !!

Next time I'm on the Eastern Shore I'm really going to have to pay you guys a visit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The Gleam
03-28-2012, 6:07 PM

That's like the "Cool Hand Luke" response of gun dealers. :thumbsup:

Fadedline
03-28-2012, 6:24 PM
My Saiga that I ordered yesterday at 11am shipped today at 11am. Now that was quick! :cool2:

NYsteveZ
03-28-2012, 6:46 PM
+1 for Atlantic for being a great company. I was in the market for a PSL, and they took the time to find a rifle that was even more superior (the VEPR). I will gladly do business and recommend them to anybody.
On your rifle not being shipped-It takes a little bit because they have to get the paperwork through the DoJ to approve the firearm for Cali. That takes the extra time and even states on every order. Most other places outside of Cali wont even do that-think extra man hours to get the approval etc. Also-The election rifle scare has already begun. I was at DAS today, and the phone was ringing like a Jerry Lewis telethon. Trust me-you'll get your gun, Atlantic is good to go.
To the Krinkov poster...that gun is a no-no (SBR) and I respect them not shipping that, AMDs, and sidefolders, HOWEVER, parts kits and build parties are a wonderful thing. You can make it a "single shot exempt" pistol or pin and weld things if Im correct, but it takes research and PATIENCE.

Mr. Casull
03-29-2012, 4:38 PM
I have purchased two guns from Atlantic and all has been well. Even gave me a Calguns discount! Absolutely no problems. Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope!

sean michael
03-30-2012, 9:16 AM
Very happy to have found a PSL this week that they are willing to send to CA. However they are charging $12 shipping for a bullet button that I hope will be attached to the rifle when shipped. $45 for BB. Why not just flat tell us that you charge $57 for the button and install. I can live with that. Also, no discount when I mentioned being a member here as stated. I appreciate them working with us for sure and I'm hoping to get a Vepr from them when I can.

Atlantic Firearms
03-30-2012, 3:14 PM
Sean Michael

You order the rifle and bullet button on the same order and are not charged a seperate ship fee for the bullet button because it is installed on the rifle. We ship the rifle for a flat rate of $25 and anything else like the bullet button ships for the same flat rate . Did you place 2 seperate orders ?

Atlantic Firearms
03-30-2012, 3:16 PM
On the discount you emailed us @ 223 pm asking for discount and then placed the order @ 259 pm we are not online answering emails every minute and did not give us enough time to respond to your email .

sean michael
03-30-2012, 4:23 PM
Sean Michael

You order the rifle and bullet button on the same order and are not charged a seperate ship fee for the bullet button because it is installed on the rifle. We ship the rifle for a flat rate of $25 and anything else like the bullet button ships for the same flat rate . Did you place 2 seperate orders ?

Yes. Can you remove the shipping fee for the button? I would appreciate that. I havn't gotten any response to the email I sent to your company yesterday in the AM about this same subject. Thanks!

stix213
03-30-2012, 4:26 PM

So if I order a rifle from AF but make a thread complaining, it will get me free stuff in addition to the rifle? Noted ;)

sean michael
03-30-2012, 4:32 PM
On the discount you emailed us @ 223 pm asking for discount and then placed the order @ 259 pm we are not online answering emails every minute and did not give us enough time to respond to your email .

OK, thanks! I couldn't wait around till business hours. I think that was the last one you had. Not worth loosing the rifle over a discount. Thanks for the explaination. Guess I'm getting spoiled with all the computer automation now a days.

sean michael
03-30-2012, 4:34 PM
Yes

sean michael
03-30-2012, 4:35 PM
A few hours apart. I hope you will remove the shipping fee for the button. Thanks!

Atlantic Firearms
03-31-2012, 4:06 AM
Yes we will process a refund to the card this weekend for the $12 bucks please keep in mind our office gets over 400 emails daily and do out best to respond as quickly as possible.

68Datsun510
03-31-2012, 6:03 AM
Complaining over $12??? :confused:

bighead
03-31-2012, 7:00 AM
My personal FFL pays me to buy guns from him and has them delivered by helicopter moments after I think about purchasing one.

NorCArl
03-31-2012, 7:59 AM
This thread is the best advertisement for a gun shop that ever existed. AF really seems to have their sh** together. Im in public relations and I dont care what biz you're in, this type of PR and customer service hasnt existed in the U.S. since the 50's. Congrats AF on being a true American institution:patriot:

dachan
03-31-2012, 8:56 AM
Support AF , because they support us CA gun owners.

+100, there are less than a handful of shops across this country that truely support us CA gun owners, and Atlantic is definitely in this honored group. Do not hesitate to purchase from them.

sean michael
03-31-2012, 3:45 PM
Sean Michael

Thanks for straightening everything out!