PDA

View Full Version : San Lorenzo gun shop denied

Swiss
02-28-2012, 7:26 PM
Did we miss this?

http://m.contracostatimes.com/contracosta/db_22825/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=GsjvqCjy

huntercf
02-28-2012, 7:29 PM
Marijuana is ok but gun shop is no go. The amount of stupid in this state never ceases to amaze me.

freonr22
02-28-2012, 7:29 PM
Tag

Eljay
02-28-2012, 9:10 PM
That's too bad. It's a bad location for most businesses, and it will probably just sit vacant as it is.

radioman
02-28-2012, 11:30 PM
some fool told all the other fools that a gun store would bring crime to the area, all the bad guys would come there to buy their guns.

NSR500
02-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Tough break...

Alameda County is a tough County to open shop in.

1JimMarch
02-29-2012, 12:32 AM
Can't this be used in Nordyke somehow? As in "the county is inherently hostile to any gun sales, not just at the fairgrounds"?

masameet
02-29-2012, 4:11 AM
Valley Guns & Ammo could probably get Alameda County Supervisors' approval by moving to nearby Hayward.

Last December I chatted with Hayward's Planning Dept. and was told that Hayward wants new businesses in its industrial area. Hayward didn't care what the business was, she said, as long as it was legal (and, I think, did not involve hazardous waste). VG&A would again have to make sure its new location is not within 500 feet of a residence. Google Maps, especially the satellite feature, is an invaluable tool in figuring out distances and showing where the closest residences are.

Anyway Castro Valley Patch stories showed that VG&A got a good turnout for the West County November hearing (in which VG&A received the permit variance) and its poll showed local support for the gun shop. If the owners are determined to open a gun shop, then they definitely need another location.

WWDHD?
02-29-2012, 9:29 AM
Just read about this in my local newspaper. So an illegal pot club (by Federal laws) is ok but not a legal gun store? Big 5 is about 150 yards away and sells firearms and ammo so whats the difference? Just ridiculous that the county would rather have the blighted area thats there now and not some clean, respectable business along that road providing much needed tax money. Way to go Alameda Co!

Mike61982
02-29-2012, 9:38 AM
Its not so much Alameda County as its the San Lorenzo Home owner Assocation.I think it would be great to have a local gun shop close to my house. But anything that's going to bring them Revenue they don't want. Just because it might bring more crime. Fact check Gun stores don't bring in more crime. Its the idiots that move in or come from out of the area....