PDA

View Full Version : Pawn shops in Bay Area that sell firearms?

bckline
02-28-2012, 5:25 PM
Anyone know of any good ones? Are there specific laws / regulations on where pawn shops can or can't sell guns?

Socalman
02-28-2012, 5:49 PM
KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO BUY & WHAT IT SHOULD COST, NEW! I recently looked at a Bersa Thunder .380 at a pawn shop. It is a gun my wife is interested in having. I found that the NEW price at Turners was less than what the pawn shop was asking.

bckline
02-28-2012, 5:59 PM
Of course, that goes without saying. I'd never walk into a pawn shop without knowing prices of what I was looking at. It would be nice to be able to FIND a shop to walk into though... I haven't had any luck finding Bay Area shops that sell guns. I don't know if this is a local restriction or what.

donking
02-28-2012, 6:19 PM
Many of the bay area gun stores sell used and consignment guns. There are also ads in the newspapers from the same shops saying they buy used guns.

bckline
02-28-2012, 6:33 PM
Yea, I've noticed that. I've called most of them around here. I've been looking for a decent used Marlin 60 from before Remington took over for a little while, and they pop up less frequently than I might have hoped. I guess those who have the old guns tend to hold on to them. I've read that pawn shops frequently end up with them, so I figured I'd give that avenue a try.

calif 15-22
02-28-2012, 6:40 PM
I dont know if they have that exact model but was in Imbert & Smithers in San Carlos on Sat and they have a ton of used rifles on display. I've beem to every gun shop on the Penninsula and they have the largest selection of used rifles of any shop. Worth a call to see.

Good luck

bckline
02-28-2012, 6:44 PM
I didn't know their used collection was so large. Maybe I'll give them another call. Thanks.

Zorgnot
02-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Darrin's Gun Exchange in Napa is a pawn shop that sells guns. They specialize in paintball, but do have a few guns. I'm not sure if they'll have anything you're looking for but you could look them up.

DasBoost
02-29-2012, 8:50 AM
Darrin's Gun Exchange in Napa is a pawn shop that sells guns. They specialize in paintball, but do have a few guns. I'm not sure if they'll have anything you're looking for but you could look them up.

Ordered my Marlin 795 through him; knowledgeable about CA laws and not FUD-y as well. His handgun selection is small but he has no problem ordering things either. The used/consignment selection is somewhat small but has some rare things in there; a lot of nice rifles in there as well.

bckline
02-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Thanks - I'll check out Darrin's next time I'm up in that direction.