PDA

View Full Version : Magazine issue with M&P15S

Chan
02-28-2012, 3:13 PM
Hey guys, got back from the range and noticed that I was having issues with loading my magazines into my AR. First I thought it was the Pmag, then I tried my mag that S&W supplied and same issue. It just wouldn't lock into place. I'm thinking the bullet button on there is fubared somehow. Any idea on how to remedy this before I call S&W for a RMA?

GSequoia
02-28-2012, 4:07 PM
Your button is likely too tight.

Noranjen
02-28-2012, 8:15 PM
Its not ur bb. Its your mag catch assembly. I had the same issue with my M&PT. Got another one from midway USA for 7dollars, problem solved.

SpeedTribe
02-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Are you trying to load a full magazine into the rifle with the bolt closed? If so, you need to give it a good smack to get it to seat. This is normal. Try it with the bolt open with a full magazine and try it with the bolt closed with a mag loaded to less than capacity. If you can lock a magazine in with these two ways, it is not your mag/catch/bb.

Chan
03-01-2012, 8:32 AM
I tried loading the magazine with the bolt open and closed. Gave it a good smack and mag just fell out. But the issue seemed to have fixed itself with me messing with the mag release and pounding the mag in and out. If it happens the next time I'm at the range, I'll give S&W a call. Warranty has to be good for something.