PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant little surprise in fresno.

SARC_Mike
02-28-2012, 11:53 AM
So after some haggling, negotiating and dealing I settled on a Glock 19 from the Range in Fresno. Their location right by my house and hours ended up being the deal setter for me, as well as how much I was able to get once I decided to name my price and let them say no (they said yes). As I was getting the paperwork done I made a joke "so I can come in everyday and shoot it during my 10 day right...wink wink". The guy helping me out, without batting an eye said "yup".

WAIT...what?

Yeah while my pretty is in jail I can come buy for conjugal visits. YAY! Especially since I have a membership and go there every other day or so anyways...the only thing missing is showing her the new home she will live at.

So what a nice little surprise.
Am I dumb to not have known about this before???

44fred
02-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Your dealer knows you well enough that you won't back out of the deal.
Good dealer, not all would do that. Great customer service.

john.t.singh
02-28-2012, 12:05 PM
a few FFL's that are also gun ranges will allow you to do that as long as their is a policy where you can't back out of the sale.

I know discount gun mart allows you to come in and shoot your gun that is on the 10 day wait.

SARC_Mike
02-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Yeah the sale was made, so not much to back out of...Not all dealers have a range at their disposal either. At first I was really turned off on the prices. Then one day I went in with a "car buyers" mentality and ended up getting a better deal than I was willing to go for.

Lives_In_Fresno
02-28-2012, 1:29 PM
so I can come in everyday and shoot it during my 10 day right...wink wink". The guy helping me out, without batting an eye said "yup".

Yeah, I did that also, and was able to qualify with it (for CCW) before I was able to take it home.

Congrats!

SARC_Mike
02-28-2012, 1:31 PM
Yeah, I did that also, and was able to qualify with it (for CCW) before I was able to take it home.

Congrats!

Exactly what I was thinking (although my clock just started yesterday by getting printed)

brianinca
02-28-2012, 4:50 PM
I bought several pistols from a range that had the same policy, also had a table setup with cleaning supplies on it. This was back about '94-95, so it's not a NEW idea, but it surely is a GOOD idea.

Regards,
Brian in CA

Lives_In_Fresno
02-28-2012, 5:49 PM
Exactly what I was thinking (although my clock just started yesterday by getting printed)

You can take the class anytime, actually. If you feel confident that they aren't going to determine that you are prohibited, its probably safe to take it.

SARC_Mike
02-28-2012, 5:52 PM
Ive already taken the class, I just need to add this new one to the (pending) card. I already have my cert for the others, but the 19 is going to end up my EDC when all is said and done.

Nookieaki
02-28-2012, 8:34 PM
The range is eh....other gun shops in fresno with better selection, prices and service. But each to their own.

SARC_Mike
02-28-2012, 8:40 PM
I thought the same, but a glock 19, trijicon night sights, holster and hat for 539 plus tax and dros is a pretty decent deal. I did a lot of shopping around and no one could get close to that. The night sights were the cherry that made the deal.
Ps I find it funny that our quotes are from the same place.

Lives_In_Fresno
02-28-2012, 9:03 PM
The range is eh....other gun shops in fresno with better selection, prices and service. But each to their own.

Do tell....

I have recently come across Herb Bauer for selection.

Which ones do you like for selection and price?

Nookieaki
02-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Well, my purchases were from shops that are black rifle friendly. PRK: bought my mpa mac10, prk built ak47 and my cmmg ar15. Currently getting my romanian psl built at We The People firearms in clovis, ca since no one in the central valley has these in stock. I remember going to the range and inquiring about saiga's and ar15s before black rifle disease hit fresno and the looks/comments i got were priceless. They may have changed now but after that incident i havent been back since.