PDA

View Full Version : Prop 36 & Gun Possession Question

AWARCORP
02-28-2012, 10:22 AM
A co-worker was arrested on felony drug charges 15 years ago. The judge offered a Prop 36 program that if completed, the case would be dismissed. He has remained sober ever since and was recently interested in buying a handgun. He failed the background check and his lawyer is looking into the court docs to see why.

Are there any other options that non-violent felons have in obtaining firearms? Can they create a trust or buy them through a corporation?

Thanks.

stix213
02-28-2012, 11:29 AM
I believe he needed to get his felony reduced to a misdemeanor prior to getting it dismissed. There has been other threads on this that go into actual detail, and someone may come alone that knows more than I. He almost certainly needs a gun lawyer, not just any lawyer.

AWARCORP
02-28-2012, 12:19 PM
A PM from legal council state that his only action is to try and receive a pardon from the Governor. Looking at Jerry Brown's recent actions, that's not going to happen.

11C ABN
02-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Get a gun lawyer from here. Many different lawyers. The best are here.

littlejake
02-28-2012, 12:28 PM
A PM from legal council state that his only action is to try and receive a pardon from the Governor. Looking at Jerry Brown's recent actions, that's not going to happen.

That's what I understand -- but, I'm in no way an expert on the subject.