PDA

View Full Version : South Korean M1 Garands and Carbines

jbilling85
02-28-2012, 9:11 AM
I'm not looking to prod a hot topic for inflammatory trolling purposes, so I'll keep the question simple and without polarization on the subject of importation laws:

Have a look at this article-

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/foghorn/u-s-to-import-87310-m1-garand-rifles-from-korea/

Anyone know anything about this?

While looking for info on this topic, I'm pleased to find that CMP already offers firearms at (What I consider) a great price.

JAGACIDA
02-28-2012, 9:30 AM
This was discussed in the C&R section a couple of months ago.

jbilling85
02-28-2012, 9:31 AM
Ah- I'll poke around in the C&R area- Moderator please delete ^^

xrMike
02-28-2012, 9:55 AM
From the article:

The Korean Times reports that new legislation passed by the U.S. has cleared the way for these guns to be imported into the United States via third party importers such as CAI. And here’s the kicker: they’re going to be sold as low as $220.

Who says they will be sold that cheaply? Why would any importer, or the CMP, sell them for less than the going market rate when they could easily get 3x that much for them? Not gonna happen. I think somebody was smoking something when they wrote that.

RugerNo1
02-28-2012, 12:02 PM
I remember reading that the CMP will not be selling these Garands and Carbines. If, or when, they reach our shores they will be sold by the importer and be marked as such.

NRAhighpowershooter
02-28-2012, 6:11 PM
been discussed many, many, many, many, time in the C&R forum...