PDA

View Full Version : PSL legal questions

fxjets
02-28-2012, 9:36 AM
I know that the PSL is a Ca legal rifle in its original configuration, and original magazines. Can someone educate me on how to prove this to an LEO? My nephew was accosted by the Range Master, at a San Bernidino range. He was told that LEO was there and because it didnt have a mag lock, he would go to jail. If you use the semi auto flow chart, it fits the AK type, and needs a mag lock. Please help!

NorCalK9.com
02-28-2012, 9:42 AM
Ummm did it have a grip wrap on it?
In its ORIGINAL configuration it is in fact illegal in this crappy state!
I'm sorry to hear this! This is what makes me wanna move from this state!

shy 7th
02-28-2012, 9:52 AM
Detachable magazine + Thumbhole stock = Illegal (for 99.9% of us).

berg
02-28-2012, 9:53 AM
I know that the PSL is a Ca legal rifle in its original configuration, and original magazines. Can someone educate me on how to prove this to an LEO? My nephew was accosted by the Range Master, at a San Bernidino range. He was told that LEO was there and because it didnt have a mag lock, he would go to jail. If you use the semi auto flow chart, it fits the AK type, and needs a mag lock. Please help!

The way you've written your question you already have the answer.

The flow chart already shows you you can't have it in "original configuration". You either need a device that disables the magazines release, or to change the buttstock so you can't put your thumb through it.

chead
02-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Pistol grip and a wrap. Done, legal.

fxjets
02-28-2012, 10:09 AM
My confusion was thinking it wasnt an AK type, by the barrel length. Not thinking it was classified as a AK. A mag lock then will cure the problem just like the AK. I have been given bad info in the past. You really need to wade thru the bull, and differing opinions, even on this board. I was told earlier that a mag lock wasnt required due to, there is only 10 round magazines avalible. Ill learn.

Fate
02-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Wow. Skating on thin ice. Glad you didn't get popped. That's a slam dunk felony conviction. Get it fixed pronto. In the meantime, take the buttstock off of it so it is in a legal configuration until you get an AK bulletbutton installed.

NorCalK9.com
02-28-2012, 11:53 AM
So did he actually get arrested or did the ro threaten to call the police?
If he didnt get arrested, put a bullet button on that bad boy IMMEDIATELY!

MrPlink
02-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Please further examine the AW chart and info linked on the top of the forum.

tujungatoes
02-28-2012, 12:14 PM
My confusion was thinking it wasnt an AK type, by the barrel length. Not thinking it was classified as a AK. A mag lock then will cure the problem just like the AK. I have been given bad info in the past. You really need to wade thru the bull, and differing opinions, even on this board. I was told earlier that a mag lock wasnt required due to, there is only 10 round magazines avalible. Ill learn.

Yeah it has nothing to do with "ak type". With the thumb hole stock and detachable mag it qualifies as an aw by features.