PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy a old shotgun but its not in sellers name

Sanderhawk
02-28-2012, 6:36 AM
I have a chance to buy an old shotgun but its not in the sellers name. It was his gramps gun and he has since passed away. Can I still buy it or would there be any problems with the purchase? Does the buyer and seller still just go to an FFL and do the DROS like normal? Any info would be great.

cannon
02-28-2012, 6:38 AM
No worries! You and the current holder of the shotgun go to the store and do a transfer. End of story.

Who or if it's registered to is not an issue at all.

Shellshocker66
02-28-2012, 6:44 AM
In this state long guns are not registered to a person. That will change in 2014.

locktime
02-28-2012, 10:12 AM
If the shotgun is over 50 years old, and you are both residents of California, no PPT is needed. Hand him the cash and carry away the shotgun.

johnthomas
02-28-2012, 10:26 AM
If the shotgun is over 50 years old, and you are both residents of California, no PPT is needed. Hand him the cash and carry away the shotgun.

If you are not sure of the age, Post it here, someone will come up with it.

Sanderhawk
02-28-2012, 11:41 AM
No worries! You and the current holder of the shotgun go to the store and do a transfer. End of story.

Who or if it's registered to is not an issue at all.

Right on thats easy enough Thanks for the info

Well the best date I can come up with is 1968 approx. Thanks for all your help.