View Full Version : intrafamiliar handgun transfer to under 21

02-27-2012, 9:18 PM
ok ive wanted a hand gun for a little while now but run into the issue of only being 19. i live in california and just wanted to make sure its possible for say my mother to fransfer ownership of a hand gun to me. i see that its legal elsewhere but havent found a direct cut and dry statement saying its possible in california. please inform me what you know on the subject.

Mssr. Eleganté
02-27-2012, 9:38 PM
If you are at least 18 years of age then your parent or grandparent can give you a handgun. Both parties to the transfer need to be California residents. You need to have a Handgun Safety Certificate first. You need to report the transfer within 30 days by sending in a copy of the Intra-Family handgun report form to CalDOJ along with $19.


02-27-2012, 10:26 PM
And the wiki -- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Transferring_Firearms_Among_Some_Family_Members