PDA

View Full Version : Acquiring Off-Roster Handgun?

BearArmsinCA
02-27-2012, 3:57 PM
What would be the best way to acquire an Off-the-Roster, California legal handgun? I understand there are some FFLs that do SSE conversions, but I am looking for the easiest and most FFL friendly way. I don't know if this model was ever on the roster and available for a PTT.

By the way, I am looking for a Sig 1911 Carry Stainless. As far as I know, the only Sig 1911s on the roster are the 5'' barrel models.

Thanks,
Danny

watsonville
02-27-2012, 8:22 PM
you would have to find a sse dealer or a leo who wants to be the man

bubbapug1
02-28-2012, 1:32 AM
that would be a straw purchase for an leo

kemasa
02-28-2012, 11:14 AM
The best way is to move out of state and become a resident of another or become a dual resident and legally buy it in another state, then come back to CA and fill out the form, which does not involve a FFL at all. You could also find someone who is moving here and has one or a person who already has one here and transfer it as a PPT. You could become a LEO and then you can buy whatever you want.

Excluding all of the above, the SSE would be you only choice.

BearArmsinCA
02-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I have a friend who is a LEO, but I think that is a lot to ask even though it is legal. I will probably try to purchase with a SSE, though I know that con be costly. I have been looking at all my 1911 commander sized options and I think the Sig is my best choice. It just sucks that there is a roster in place to make money for the state and not to keep people more safe or keep guns out of the hands of irresponsible citizens.

Thanks again for the advise,
Danny

Direct Action Solutions
02-28-2012, 2:50 PM
Where do you live? We can handle that here in San Diego

BiteIsBigger
02-28-2012, 5:35 PM
your best bet(and legal), is to find someone selling what you want. Only has to be LEO to initially purchase Off Roster.. but anyone can buy from said LEO(baring no legal exception to own firearms).

Post a WTB ad stating what you are looking for.. maybe someone will pop up.

wildhawker
02-28-2012, 6:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I have a friend who is a LEO, but I think that is a lot to ask even though it is legal. I will probably try to purchase with a SSE, though I know that con be costly. I have been looking at all my 1911 commander sized options and I think the Sig is my best choice. It just sucks that there is a roster in place to make money for the state and not to keep people more safe or keep guns out of the hands of irresponsible citizens.

Thanks again for the advise,
Danny

Near you are www.tracyrifleandpistol.com and www.valkyriearms.net. Either can do a SSE.

-Brandon

Hotrod5150
03-07-2012, 12:25 PM
What area are you in ? EBR works is a really friendly knowledgable company. They offer very fast and personal service! They helped me get a off roster handgun and know the ins and outs of the process... They are located in Newberry Park (Thousand Oaks area) !