PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have an LRB M1A, Got a Few Questions.

CrazyJeep
04-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Just got a question for you who have placed an order with LRB for a complete rifle. How long ago before you received your rifle did you call to place and order and did you call LRB to get an update on your order,or did you just leave them be?

I called in on Monday of this week to be placed on the waiting list for their Cali compliant M1A and was told that there is a 6 to 8 month wait time before it ships. When I spoke to the guy on the phone, it sure seems as if he wasn't taking me seriously and was "mental notes" instead of actually placing me on a list. Should I call again to confirm? I emailed them on Wednesday to confirm my information and never received a response. Should I be worried and call again or just try to forget about it for the next 8 months.

Someone please ease my nervousness.

colossians323
04-05-2007, 5:50 AM
Read through this thread, this may help, but I would call again to confirm.

M 14 forum (http://www.m-14forum.com/upload/showthread.php?t=39074)

CrazyJeep
04-05-2007, 8:05 AM
Good info, thank you sir.

ivorykid
04-05-2007, 9:45 AM
I ordered a complete LRB M14SA ~3 years ago. Back then, the wait time for a complete rifle was fairly short. I think that I received it within a couple of weeks. Lou was a nice guy on the phone and was very concise with the conversation.

I'd say, give him a call!

SI-guru
04-05-2007, 11:10 AM
I got mine when Lou sold one of his Smith Enterprise built in Gunbroker.

Sgt Raven
04-05-2007, 5:49 PM
I bought mine from Ted Brown, it's one that he built. Ted is one of the top M-14 smiths

Astig Boy
04-05-2007, 6:14 PM
Are you ordering a complete rifle and are you willing to pay now? The list for complete rifles is shorter then the receiver or barreled receiver list. If you are lucky, sometimes they will sell a rifle publicly...sounds funny right since your on a year long waiting list. The thing is they dont take people serious because more then half the people on the list back out when their rifle is said and done. Which is also why you see freshly made LRBs on M14forum go up forsale also...cause the people who finally do get their rifle turn right around and sell them. A year is a long time, and a lot of financial situations can happen. So from time to time you will see LRB sell a complete rifle right then and there. Last year, a few people payed up front and got their rifles within 6 weeks.

CrazyJeep
04-05-2007, 7:17 PM
Are you ordering a complete rifle and are you willing to pay now? The list for complete rifles is shorter then the receiver or barreled receiver list. If you are lucky, sometimes they will sell a rifle publicly...sounds funny right since your on a year long waiting list. The thing is they dont take people serious because more then half the people on the list back out when their rifle is said and done. Which is also why you see freshly made LRBs on M14forum go up forsale also...cause the people who finally do get their rifle turn right around and sell them. A year is a long time, and a lot of financial situations can happen. So from time to time you will see LRB sell a complete rifle right then and there. Last year, a few people payed up front and got their rifles within 6 weeks.

Of course I am, and what's nice is that they take American Express, which is another reason why I am ready to buy one now...(points). When I placed my order, I wanted the whole rifle. I might call tomorrow (Friday) and see if I was actually placed on the so called waiting list. I couldn't imagine what the wait right now would be just for a barreled receiver. I know Fulton Armory makes some nice M14's but A) They don't take Amex B) They use cast receivers and (no real biggie i guess) and C) Their rifles aren't much cheaper than a LRB.

Ubergeek
04-05-2007, 7:56 PM
Lou seems short on words and long on work. I probably spent no more than 5 minutes talking to him and our e-mail exchanges probably didn't use up more than 200 words.

I paid via USPS money orders.

3 weeks later, my FFL received the rifle. 10 days later, I got to take it home.

You won't regret it.

CrazyJeep
04-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Lou seems short on words and long on work. I probably spent no more than 5 minutes talking to him and our e-mail exchanges probably didn't use up more than 200 words.

I paid via USPS money orders.

3 weeks later, my FFL received the rifle. 10 days later, I got to take it home.

You won't regret it.

How long ago was this?:confused:

Ubergeek
04-06-2007, 2:43 PM
How long ago was this?:confused:

Fall of 2005.

Edit: I just checked my e-mail messages to LRB - yes, it really was 3 weeks.