PDA

View Full Version : Best FFL Transfer Fee in LA area

Vintovka1891
02-27-2012, 1:10 AM
I heard Turner's Outdoorsman, my preferred shop, doesn't do gun transfers for purchases places through online distributors or private individuals. Where is the best place to conduct a transfer like this and how much should I expect to spend? Thanks.

MA5177
02-27-2012, 5:17 AM
Contact Don over at http://www.straightlinetactical.com/ He is doing mine on a shotgun I bought off the clasifieds on another site. They charge 45.00 plus the 25.00 dros and they will accept a shipment from from an individual which most shops want it to come from an FFL.

Note: All FFL's are now required to charge you sales tax for online sales and anything that is shipped to them by an FFL new or used.

Davinho
02-27-2012, 9:58 AM
I just did a PPT at Aegis Trading Enterprises in Burbank for $35. You might also give Bruce Krell at Shooters Edge at the Angeles Range a call.

Munk
02-27-2012, 10:55 AM
To be fair, Turner's DOES do the transfers, they just price it at a prohibitively expensive transfer fee that eliminated a majority of any potential cost savings from ordering online.

Hit up the Gunbroker FFL finder tool, to see if there is one near you with a price you're willing to pay. (remember that distance matters, you have to drive there at least twice, so factor Gas into your pricing).

skeeter149
02-27-2012, 11:01 AM
I paid a hundred in Palmdale. Only went where I did cause he already had all my paperwork and 300 of my dollars from screwing up prior.

dan12580
02-27-2012, 12:39 PM
+273 for aegis in burbank.

saki302
02-27-2012, 1:12 PM
+287 for Aegis in Burbank. Can't think of a shop that deserves our business more.

-Dave

626Tony
02-27-2012, 3:55 PM
Ageis in burbank or Gunrunners in Duarte ! best by FAR

Icypu
02-27-2012, 3:57 PM
I recommend gunrunners in Duarte. They used to do it for $100, but then they raised their price to be in line with everyone else in the LA county. Nice people, with good balance of C&R.

CSACANNONEER
02-27-2012, 4:01 PM
EBR Works just north of the LA County line along the 101.

ruddogg
02-27-2012, 4:04 PM
Contact Don over at http://www.straightlinetactical.com/ He is doing mine on a shotgun I bought off the clasifieds on another site. They charge 45.00 plus the 25.00 dros and they will accept a shipment from from an individual which most shops want it to come from an FFL.

Note: All FFL's are now required to charge you sales tax for online sales and anything that is shipped to them by an FFL new or used.

+1 for Don @ Straightline Tactical - $70 out the door.

Same for Mike & OC Armory www.ocarmory.com - also $70 out the door.

I've done multiple transfers from both Straightline & OC Armory.

Yes they have to charge sales tax on transfers from another FFL, but no tax if direct from private party.

meangreen46
02-27-2012, 5:03 PM
Aegis charges $75 for FFL Fee and $25 for DROS (plus CA tax of bought out of state). The Govt allows these stores to basically charge whatever they want when it comes to FFL transfers. I researched most of the places around LA and OC...typical charge is between $65 and $150. Some places charge alot so you won't come there to do the transfer in the first place.

As far as Turners not doing the transfers, I'm pretty sure they can not deny you unless they think something is fishy or illegal about the transfer. I could be wrong, but I think it's a condition of their FFL.