PDA

View Full Version : KYDEX HOLSTERS

SIGSHOOTR
02-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Have any of you heard about either of these guys-- or have had experience with any of their products? I've heard some great stuff about their custom kydex holsters from colleagues.

-Bradley Custom Concealment

-Lead Farmers Inc.

They look just as good- if not better than- Ravens at a lower cost and wait time. Plus, I like supporting the small guys.

AmpedUp
02-27-2012, 12:55 AM
No experience with those two, I have bought from Bravo Concelment. One was decent another was spot on, I would buy again from them, lead time is about 2-3 weeks.

fullrearview
02-27-2012, 7:12 AM
I make my own, but I have seen a review or BCC holsters... Check youtube. It's the new google!

Thunder Beast
02-27-2012, 7:42 AM
Also
http://www.phlster.com/#!

1milkman
02-27-2012, 8:25 AM
Take a look at Shielded Holsters. Only 5-7days to ship

c3 rolling
02-27-2012, 9:54 AM
Does Raven have a patent on their holsters? How many times will it be copied?

G60
02-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Be wary when buying from lesser known kydex makers.

I've seen too many people get burned and have been burned myself by the "little guys who seem to offer the same quality and service as RCS at a lower price and lesser wait time"

I wouldn't buy kydex from anyone except RCS, Personal Security Systems, or Custom Carry Concepts.

hayaku
02-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Be wary when buying from lesser known kydex makers.

I've seen too many people get burned and have been burned myself by the "little guys who seem to offer the same quality and service as RCS at a lower price and lesser wait time"

I wouldn't buy kydex from anyone except RCS, Personal Security Systems, or Custom Carry Concepts.

what happened with the holsters from the other guys? didn't fit right? too loose/tight? became unglued? too thin kydex?

Dhena81
02-27-2012, 11:47 AM
No experience with those two, I have bought from Bravo Concelment. One was decent another was spot on, I would buy again from them, lead time is about 2-3 weeks.

I'm having a Bravo concealment shipped to my door as we speak. The reason I went with them is first I've heard good things about them and also I needed a holster asap. I'm taking a class next week and wanted to see if my Gen 4 G17 would run right so I can add what I think about it after I take the class.

Lead Waster
02-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Bladetech makes nice kydex. "Ready Tactical" makes nice ones too, for a small business (support them!)

I bought a used Bladetech for my SP-01 for matches. But I also bought a large sheet of kydex online (added it to an order of plexiglass I wanted for my aquarium to help eat the shipping cost). And plan to make my own holsters as per some youtube videos.

Also search for "Kitchen Kydex", you'll find a thread on Brian Enos' forums about making kydex stuff. It LOOKs easy, and makes paying $60 for a kydex holster than you can make for $5 painful, but easier if you don't have time/skill for it.

The Cable Guy
02-27-2012, 11:54 AM
One of our own members here is offering custom Kydex holsters. I ordered two, and I like them! Other members have also ordered. They are made to order so you can basically have a complete custom holster anyway you want it.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=515439

BoJackUSMC
02-27-2012, 3:54 PM
So I far I have tried Psholsters, Raven, and Blade Tech. I like them all.

Charles4400
02-27-2012, 5:07 PM
Anyone have experience with the kydex holsters with light mounts molded into them?

Do they still hold the gun snug when you are NOT using a mounted light.

It would be nice to have the option to have the gun holstered w/ and w/o light if there is not much compromise with the gun fitting snug when not using a light.

railroader
02-27-2012, 6:55 PM
Comp-tac makes nice stuff. I have 2 of their kydex paddle holsters and they are well made and adjustable. They are having 10% off until feb. 29.

http://www.comp-tac.com/news.php

Dhena81
02-27-2012, 7:16 PM
Anyone have experience with the kydex holsters with light mounts molded into them?

Do they still hold the gun snug when you are NOT using a mounted light.

It would be nice to have the option to have the gun holstered w/ and w/o light if there is not much compromise with the gun fitting snug when not using a light.

My RavenC holds my gun without a light but its not as tight as it would be if I had a light on it. Most don't recommend it but it really depends if your just going to the range I've done it.

Lives_In_Fresno
02-27-2012, 7:58 PM
Comp-tac makes nice stuff. I have 2 of their kydex paddle holsters and they are well made and adjustable. They are having 10% off until feb. 29.

Agreed!

Crossbreed also makes decent stuff, and use Kydex in their holsters...I have the supertuck, and like it alot it so far. They quote 4-6 weeks delivery, and was around 4 for me.

G60
02-27-2012, 8:04 PM
what happened with the holsters from the other guys? didn't fit right? too loose/tight? became unglued? too thin kydex?

Maybe I'll be able to let you know if I ever get the holster. :facepalm:

FWIW, the two holsters I've ordered from Personal Security Systems have been in my hand within 2 weeks. This is with a quoted 7 week wait time. Believe me, I'm very happy with the product and service.

Can't say the same about another "up-and-coming-just-as-good-as-the-big-names" company that I'm waiting 28 weeks and counting after a quoted 12-14 week wait time.

MXRider
02-27-2012, 8:59 PM
I just received my Raven Concealment holster for my Glock 19, and it was worth the wait. I still have about 10 weeks left for my 34 with Surefire X300 holster and my mag carriers though.

motorwerks
02-27-2012, 10:00 PM
these guys build some cool stuff too....

http://www.offthegridconcepts.com/HolsterUp.html

I saw another one the other day that I life but I cant remember for the life of me what the name was.

SIGSHOOTR
02-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the great replies and info. I decided to order from Bradley Concealment for my P226 w/X300. I spoke to the man who actually builds the holsters in Texas- Clark Bradley- and he seemed like he was a straight shooter who knew what he was doing. His work is getting some great reviews Also got a double mag carrier. 35-45 day wait. I'll probably try the Lead Farmers Inc holster for my G19-- heard many great things about them too from colleagues downrange.

fullrearview
02-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Maybe I'll be able to let you know if I ever get the holster. :facepalm:

FWIW, the two holsters I've ordered from Personal Security Systems have been in my hand within 2 weeks. This is with a quoted 7 week wait time. Believe me, I'm very happy with the product and service.

Can't say the same about another "up-and-coming-just-as-good-as-the-big-names" company that I'm waiting 28 weeks and counting after a quoted 12-14 week wait time.

Boatman combat???

fullrearview
02-27-2012, 11:46 PM
The biggest thing for the little guy companies is to make sure they don't get in over their heads... I am going to starting making mine, about 4 a week, and only sell what I have in stock. Not to mention I can only make them for a small number of handguns right now.

Here is a pic of what I carry everyday.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/xxcowgirlatheartxx/Custom%20holsters/XDMHolster.jpg

Charles4400
02-28-2012, 12:05 AM
My RavenC holds my gun without a light but its not as tight as it would be if I had a light on it. Most don't recommend it but it really depends if your just going to the range I've done it.

Thanks for the input!

Think I might get one without the light mould...hmmm

Mister BLASTEE
02-28-2012, 12:16 AM
I would look up member SgtJT27 here, real stand up guy!

zfields
02-28-2012, 4:43 AM
I would look up member SgtJT27 here, real stand up guy!

Just bought one from him. Will do a full review after this coming weekend. Planning on beating it up a bit.

wsmc27
02-28-2012, 8:56 AM

Nice!

Got one of their belt holsters a couple years ago and have been super happy with it. Looks like time to order something for another gun!

:cheers2:

motorwerks
02-28-2012, 6:54 PM
Boatman combat???

Have you tried to look them up lately? They're no more as far as I can tell.

fullrearview
02-28-2012, 9:55 PM
I'm sure I can find out what's going on... My partner went to the academy with them. Did they at least fulfill all orders they took?

skyscraper
02-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Kydex isnt rocket science, and raven is not the only company making quality holsters. Raven is a 3-5 month wait. No thanks. I have one coming from garret industries on the way. Have heard nothing but great reviews from plenty of people on the 1911 forums.

MXRider
02-28-2012, 10:17 PM
My Glock 19 holster was a 5 week wait from Raven. That's not bad. I expect to wait 2-3 more months on the other stuff I ordered from them though.

Ub3rDorK
02-29-2012, 12:02 AM
+1 for SgtJT27 his holsters are top notch.

enzo357
02-29-2012, 6:16 AM
SgtjT27 is a quality guy who does great work. He recently made me a mag carrier that holds 5 ruger mark 111 mags. Really happy with it.