PDA

View Full Version : Who else checks out the comments on the brady campaign's facebook page?

Muscles Glasses
02-26-2012, 10:44 PM
I usually check it out once a day for a good laugh but at the same time it freaks me out how narrow minded these people are and how the only point of view they will accept is their own and that of the gun control groups. But then I am usually reassured that they are fighting a losing battle when I see that there are only the usual 25-30 "likes" and the same 10-15 people commenting on the brady campaign's posts.

zum
02-26-2012, 10:57 PM
this thread needs more LINKS :D

Muscles Glasses
02-26-2012, 11:00 PM
There ya go.
http://www.facebook.com/bradycampaign

CBlacksheep
02-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Whenever I feel like a dumbass or if I'd done something stupid regarding school or work, I would take comfort in knowing that there are people much more insufferable and half-witted than I. So in short, yes I do.

All the time.

dieselpower
02-27-2012, 6:09 AM
Most of the people in that group have lost a loved one to gun violence. Its sad. I have actually talked one of those people out of blaming the firearm. When you ridicule them, they feel you are ridiculing the murder of a loved one, or making fun of them for it. Be careful. You are adding enemies when you attack them.

gazzavc
02-27-2012, 8:27 PM
I just commented on the recent shooting at a school in Ohio asking:

"How could this happen? Schools are all gun free zones"

I'll sit back and wait for the numpty's on there to start bleating.......

xibunkrlilkidsx
02-27-2012, 8:33 PM
nope....i have a life.

Clinton
02-27-2012, 9:20 PM
I used to, but they banned me from further comments on their page. And I was always nice, too.

pontiacpratt
02-27-2012, 9:26 PM
Some more to read:
http://www.facebook.com/GunVictimsAction
http://www.facebook.com/CoalitiontoStopGunViolence

Muscles Glasses
02-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Its just something to check out when I have nothing else to do. I am aware that a large amount of people there lost a loved one to some firearm related incident, but I highly doubt the gun got up, went over to said loved one and killed them. These people need to realize that they cannot blame the gun for what happened and no law could have prevented the death nor will any new law prevent further incidents because criminals are called criminals for a reason. The break the law! I would never intentionally ridicule anyone for the loss of a loved one but their ideology towards gun control is completely ridiculous. Like I said, the gun did not kill their loved one and the law or any new law could have done anything to prevent the death.
Be careful what you post on their page. I said something to the effect of "The law that was already in place didn't stop the crime, what makes you think a new law will prevent a future one." and I was blocked in 10 minutes. In my experience they don't really like people that don't see everything exactly the way they do when it comes to the 2nd amendment.

d4v0s
02-27-2012, 10:59 PM
I just joined F%$K the brady campaign on facebook. ha ha ha

radioman
02-28-2012, 1:28 PM
Three times as many people get killed on the highways every year as get killed by gun shot, so it's time to start the Brady campaign to stop bad driving, ban all gas tanks over 10 gallons and all cars that go over 45 MPH.

Muscles Glasses
02-28-2012, 3:48 PM
Three times as many people get killed on the highways every year as get killed by gun shot, so it's time to start the Brady campaign to stop bad driving, ban all gas tanks over 10 gallons and all cars that go over 45 MPH.

What if we made a facebook page for "The Brady Campaign to Prevent All Violence" as opposed to "prevent gun violence"? In the info section we could put something like "It is our missions to create an America free of all violence by banning (and then we list absolutely anything you could imagine that could be used as a weapon) Might show how futile their efforts are and that guns are just the tip of the iceberg.

stix213
02-28-2012, 3:57 PM

I believe that group is called MADD, and people like them are responsible for mandatory DUI sentencing, which is forcing more dangerous violent criminals on the streets due to prison over crowding so as to fit in all the drunks. We're doing all that for the children of course.

ldivinag
02-28-2012, 6:10 PM
i've been banned on their page from commenting...

wussies...

ldivinag
02-28-2012, 6:11 PM
i've been banned on their page from commenting...

wussies...

j.hors
02-28-2012, 8:44 PM
i use to, but got banned for attempting to have a logical debate...well like 10 (i was bored at work) on several topics that were posted, then they deleted all my posts so if you were to look at the comment thread it looks like a crazy person

SanPedroShooter
02-28-2012, 8:48 PM
banned... from just about every one you can name...

They must be having a field day over there right now... For every 'gun death' they must see a dollar sign.

wayneinFL
02-29-2012, 4:16 AM
I came back to this thread to see if there was a way to ban someone from commenting. Apparently, I've been blocked, too. It goes to show the narrow-mindedness of the group. It's like a forced confirmation bias. A Brady member says what he wants to say, then when someone expresses an opposing view in a polite and rational manner, he puts his fingers in his ears and yells, "LA,LA,LA,LA!" Childish.

Sir Stunna Lot
02-29-2012, 4:49 AM
LMFAO... all you guys banned from there... gave me a good laugh to how much censorship goes on there!

they cant handle a logical debate!

me109g4
02-29-2012, 9:30 AM
I wont go near it, dont want to encourage them by increasing traffic to the site.

Muscles Glasses
02-29-2012, 4:30 PM
I wont go near it, dont want to encourage them by increasing traffic to the site.

I don't think their facebook page has a way of counting how many people visit.

Muscles Glasses
02-29-2012, 4:34 PM
I came back to this thread to see if there was a way to ban someone from commenting. Apparently, I've been blocked, too. It goes to show the narrow-mindedness of the group. It's like a forced confirmation bias. A Brady member says what he wants to say, then when someone expresses an opposing view in a polite and rational manner, he puts his fingers in his ears and yells, "LA,LA,LA,LA!" Childish.

You're right. Thats all it is when someone pro gun chimes in. Its like a pack of hyenas tearing apart a bunny rabbit! They resort to calling people gun nuts, psychopaths, baby killers, etc etc. and then immediately after you are blocked without the chance to defend yourself.

Shellshocker66
02-29-2012, 5:18 PM
I'm banned on the Brady site! Makes me kinda sad as I've never been banned from anything.