View Full Version : Impact guns any problems?

02-26-2012, 5:42 PM
I recently ordered from impact guns. I recieved some things but not all. They said they were shipping the other stuff seperate. Haven't seen it in 2 weeks or so.

02-26-2012, 6:43 PM
I ordered from them twice previously and they screwed me out of both orders. Both claimed to be in stock at $XXX. I waited and waited and waited for a ship date. None came so I finally called and they said "Oh, that price was a mistake, so we won't ship." They said it was a mistake on their website. Thanks for letting me wait for so long and then not even let me know. Had I not called in both instances I would've been waiting forever. After they screwed up the first order, I gave them a second chance a few months later. When they pulled the same stunt the second time, I knew they weren't a good outfit. They said if I paid a higher price I could get the guns I wanted. I canceled both orders and will never do business with them again.

02-26-2012, 7:10 PM
Personally blacklist forever, no matter how low their prices are.

OP, good luck.

02-26-2012, 7:10 PM
double double

02-26-2012, 7:28 PM
This concerns me. I have a gun on backorder with them at a great price. Looks like I'll have to keep checking with them

02-26-2012, 11:53 PM
On my list of do not use.

02-27-2012, 7:42 AM
I just wrote them a third email I'm waiting for a response. I don't think they give there customers enoug info about there orders. Like this stuff is shipping from somewhere else and this stuff is back ordered. We need to get the word out on calguns about this place and see if they shape up.

02-27-2012, 7:45 AM
One experience, and it was good. I did check by phone that the gun was actually available. They probably drop ship everything, so they need to check with their supplier.

02-27-2012, 8:40 AM
FWIW, I hear that if you are able to go into their shop then experiences are generally good. Most of the complaints are about ordering through their website. I personally would never buy anything through Impact Guns.

02-27-2012, 11:33 AM
I bought a SA Loaded from Impact gun awhile ago - no problem for me (I guess I was lucky).

02-27-2012, 11:36 AM
i have ordered from them I called to verify price and i insisted they take my CC info over phone with a confirmation # I got my order in the next week at my FFL with no hiccups just call and take names!

02-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Here was my experience with them...I believe this is the same "business"-

If so....they SUCK

02-27-2012, 11:50 AM
should have added the below....found this after the bait and switch they tried to pull on me-

02-27-2012, 11:54 AM
next time use davidsons gallery of guns gun genie I always get them and they have lifetime warranty

02-27-2012, 3:05 PM
Just cancelled the order they said it would be another week till they got it and then shipped it. That's ridiculous they need to tell you it's going to take a month when you order stuff if that's the problem. P.S. customer service was quick but a rude *****.

02-27-2012, 3:06 PM
We can't say female dog here damn it is California lol

02-27-2012, 3:34 PM
You must have had the same CS "lady" that I did ;)....the best part about my experience was, they charged my credit card the next am even though I had a note on the sale asking for them to contact me before the order was placed (human to human). They charged away and NO call.....not until I called them did I find out about the "higer price". Then it took a week to get a cancelation email from them and I had to bug them for that.. Never again:mad:

Just cancelled the order they said it would be another week till they got it and then shipped it. That's ridiculous they need to tell you it's going to take a month when you order stuff if that's the problem. P.S. customer service was quick but a rude *****.

02-27-2012, 4:01 PM
For years I have heard nothing but complaint of bait and switch, or stating items are in stock when they are backordered.

I would avoid. Use Bud's or Davidsons.

02-27-2012, 8:34 PM
Damn that sucks for you guys. Ordered a gun from them back in October and it was sent out in a couple days.

02-27-2012, 8:41 PM
I've ordered from them numerous times, never an issue, but only accessories, never a gun.

In the store they've been hit or miss. Some times good service, sometimes not.

02-28-2012, 8:32 AM
They were good to me and I order a lot of firearms from them. However, I don't even use their website. Instead, I have a direct e-mail communication with their sales people and get an exact quote that way for both price and lead time.

The problems I have seen in this thread and on "reseller ratings" all point to the issues with the website where expectations are set too high. "In stock" will typically mean that their supplier has it in stock (same as Gallery of Guns, where "in stock" doesn't mean your local store physically has the item). From what I've seen, they updated their web site to say "ships on or before XYZ" to keep it more accurate. Their old web site barely had any information at all.

The "lead time" on many specialty items is what the supplier and manufacturer specify and is not an exact science. Not much point getting upset if "8-12 weeks" ends up being longer - it's an approximate window.

Through Impact Guns I was able to get many special order items over the years and never had any real issues. The price and delivery times were what I would expect from a firearm supply chain - not always known in advance (look at Keltec KSG threads). I could not imagine them intentionally try to stiff someone.

02-28-2012, 8:53 AM
I ordered an item that said "in stock" on their website. I got a call immediately saying it as out of stock but should be in stock in a couple weeks. I said I'd wait. Almost a year goes by (multiple e-mails unanswered so I just dropped it) - then I get a call saying it's back in stock but the price changed (doubled) and they asked if I still wanted it. I said F that. Customer service sucked.