PDA

View Full Version : Banned ar 15?

rbahri5206
02-26-2012, 8:37 AM
Now I understand it's California and all but why don't they remove the banned ar's off the list, everybody is building the same thing in other brands it makes no sense to me to ban a colt when you can build a stagg, it's the same thing. You can't transfer any of the banned ones so when the owner dies you need to destroy it, I just feel its a part of history that your destroying I mean this is the gun of guns.

Baconator
02-26-2012, 8:38 AM
You are trying to apply logic to law making, does not work.

Same reason that the gun only becomes an "assault weapon" when the evil features are added.

Capt_Communist
02-26-2012, 9:06 AM
Guns with those banned names are evil.... others aren't duhhhh

dieselpower
02-26-2012, 9:19 AM
Its not about the firearm, its about how the law works. The AG was foolish in their wording and some bold, brave individuals steps forward and challenged the law as written. The Courts ruled in their favor and now we all benefit from that win.

It was to be all AR and AK weapons period...end of story...no way to own one at all. It just didn't work out that way in Court.

Be thankful and be mindful, those people are still out there waiting to try again...with a better set of words.

arc
02-26-2012, 9:21 AM
Why, that would be tantamount to admitting that they were wrong. NEVER! If the legislature admits, even for one second, that maybe they don't actually know what's best for everyone then everything they do could fall under suspicion. The people would lose confidence in their duly bought,... <cough>er,... elected government. Everything would collapse and return to anarchy and barbarism.

Can't have that now can we?

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af115/MaySandersStokes/EverybodyPanic.gif

Apparently I'm feeling extra cynical today.

-James

JagerDog
02-26-2012, 9:50 AM
Its not about the firearm, its about how the law works. The AG was foolish in their wording and some bold, brave individuals steps forward and challenged the law as written. The Courts ruled in their favor and now we all benefit from that win.

It was to be all AR and AK weapons period...end of story...no way to own one at all. It just didn't work out that way in Court.

Be thankful and be mindful, those people are still out there waiting to try again...with a better set of words.

+1............

russ69
02-26-2012, 12:21 PM
...everybody is building the same thing in other brands it makes no sense to me to ban a colt when you can build a stagg, it's the same thing...

Because the average elected official isn't as smart as a first year high school student. Politicians pretend to be experts on a number of topics that they know nothing about. All they have to do is ask the experts (the citizens) and they would be much better informed.

anothergunnut
02-26-2012, 1:04 PM
The federal AWB included bayonet lug as an evil feature. The law was highly effective; when was the last time you heard of a drive by bayoneting?

rbahri5206
02-26-2012, 10:55 PM
All great points my favorite is the second one you really cannot apply logic to law making but it just sucks that these artifacts are destroyed or sent out of state. I just can't believe how much in my short time that I've been alive (31 years) how much common sense we have lost in this country it shocks me

dieselpower
02-27-2012, 5:18 AM
All great points my favorite is the second one you really cannot apply logic to law making but it just sucks that these artifacts are destroyed or sent out of state. I just can't believe how much in my short time that I've been alive (31 years) how much common sense we have lost in this country it shocks me

I get what you are saying...but once again it has ZERO to do with common sense. Its a legal thing.

The law says..."The maximum speed limit is 65 inside of a City." Someone got caught speeding OUTSIDE of the city, took it too court and the Court said... You are correct. There is no speed limit where you are."

The Elected Officials asked if the People of California wanted to ban a certain type of firearm...if the People thought those were a public nuisance Public safety thing. The largest group PEOPLE in California said, YES. The smaller group said , NO. The law was passed. A person in the smaller group took it to court and based on the wording IN that law, won.