PDA

View Full Version : Totally Confused

Nightfyre
02-26-2012, 8:03 AM
Ok, as I am sure most people learning about all the retarded gun laws here in California, I am trying to figure them out :confused: With that being said, I floated around google to try and figure it out and found on wiki:

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.

(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches [762 mm].

Now with that, I have seen online numerous firearms that hold many of these "features" that I think would fall under these guidelines of no-nos. But let me see if I have this correct. Say as long as I have a rifle that has a 10 round magazine that is not detachable (ie bullet button, etc) I can have all the other features? Folding/telescoping stock, pistol grip, etc? Thanks in advance all. Also please move this to correct place if this is the wrong forum.

Thanks

Rhythm of Life
02-26-2012, 8:08 AM
BB means you can use em all.

Nightfyre
02-26-2012, 9:00 AM
Ok, next dumb question. I am looking at a Sig Sauer M400. At the moment it is not Ca. legal, however if I was to purchase it, would I have to have the bullet button and 10 round magazine installed before it was shipped here or could I have it done after it arrives at my local FFL?

Capt_Communist
02-26-2012, 9:05 AM
99% of the time it needs to some into Cali configured properly.... search middleman FFL and your problems will be solved.

dieselpower
02-26-2012, 9:10 AM
It must be shipped here in compliance. Or the FFL has to be a 07 and able to make it compliant before selling it. Its just best to buy a BB, ship it to the seller who will install it and a 10rd magazine and then ship it to your FFL.

With a BB your rifle is a FIXED MAGAZINE rifle...that law you quoted doesn't apply to you at that point... thats why the features don't matter. that law is only for featureless rifles that have detachable magazines. Guys get it confused all the time because it list the features...but thats the only thing that law does. The law you must worry about is...

A semiautomatic centerfire rifle with a fixed magazine over 10 rounds is an AW. Thats the law you need to focus on...as well as a few others like over 30"...over 16" barrel...

jbush
02-26-2012, 9:16 AM
Now with that, I have seen online numerous firearms that hold many of these "features" that I think would fall under these guidelines of no-nos. But let me see if I have this correct. Say as long as I have a rifle that has a 10 round magazine that is not detachable (ie bullet button, etc) I can have all the other features? Folding/telescoping stock, pistol grip, etc? Thanks in advance all. Also please move this to correct place if this is the wrong forum.

I believe a gun with a folding stock must still meet the min. length requirements when folded, if the gun can be fired with the stock in the folded position. Correct me if I'm wrong.

dieselpower
02-26-2012, 9:30 AM
I believe a gun with a folding stock must still meet the min. length requirements when folded, if the gun can be fired with the stock in the folded position. Correct me if I'm wrong.

semiautomatic centerfire needs to be 30" when firing or its an AW. 26" or its a Short Barreled Rifle and thats for any rifle...bolt action and rimfire included.

Nightfyre
02-26-2012, 9:36 AM
Thanks all the info folks! And god do I hate this state lol