View Full Version : Registering handguns in California

02-26-2012, 12:03 AM
I am one of those who were seasonal residents of Nevada and a Resident of California. I purchased 2 handguns in NV to add to my collection using my seasonal ID card. I am planning on bringing in and registering those 2 handguns in California. My question is that the handguns both have "High cap" magazines. I am able to remedy one gun (Sig) by buying 10 rnd mag but as far as the other handgun- Beretta 90-two .40, it comes only in 12 rnd mag and it is not even in the CA DOJ list. Will CA DOJ approve the registration? Sorry, I live in California mostly and bought handguns here but I am completely ignorant with California Handgun laws of importing handguns. I would appreciate it if someone can shed some light on me as to what to do.

02-26-2012, 12:37 AM
You can't "import" the "High" capacity mags into CA. You can break down the mags and keep them like that until you get back to NV.

Only other option is to block 12 rounders down to 10.

Are you sure that 92 / M9 mags already capped at 10 rounds won't fit your 92-two?

ETA: Sorry missed the .40 part. In my mind I hear 92 and I think M-9.
Find out if 96 mags fit your new 92-two.

02-26-2012, 10:20 AM
See also the wiki -- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Moving_to_California_with_firearms