PDA

View Full Version : LMT, Noveske, or LWRC???

Sgt. J Beezy
02-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Hello CalGunner's

I need some help in choosing between upper's for an 80% AR pistol lower I just finished building.

I am torn between a 10.5 LMT MRP CQB, a 10.5 Noveske Light Shorty VLTOR VIS, or a "Legacy" LWRC PSD with and upgraded piston and BCG.

I know that I really cannot go wrong with any of these choices and I already own a LMT MRP 16 in that respect I absolutely love my LMT so part of me wants to just roll with that, but another part of me wants to venture off and get something different.

I am also aware that while the LMT and Noveske would probably be considered in the same class, the PSD is 2.5 inches shorter and a piston. Also with it being a "Legacy" and with it having more differences than just the piston and BCG... I don't want to feel like I am settling for something just because it is a lot cheaper than the standard PSD's, which are definitely out of my price range.

THanks

Plisk
02-26-2012, 1:28 AM
For pistol length barrels I find pistons systems run smoother. I'd look further into LWRC.

BHPFan
02-26-2012, 2:35 PM
Hello CalGunner's

I need some help in choosing between upper's for an 80% AR pistol lower I just finished building.

I am torn between a 10.5 LMT MRP CQB, a 10.5 Noveske Light Shorty VLTOR VIS, or a "Legacy" LWRC PSD with and upgraded piston and BCG.

I know that I really cannot go wrong with any of these choices and I already own a LMT MRP 16 in that respect I absolutely love my LMT so part of me wants to just roll with that, but another part of me wants to venture off and get something different.

I am also aware that while the LMT and Noveske would probably be considered in the same class, the PSD is 2.5 inches shorter and a piston. Also with it being a "Legacy" and with it having more differences than just the piston and BCG... I don't want to feel like I am settling for something just because it is a lot cheaper than the standard PSD's, which are definitely out of my price range.

THanks

From the 3 that you listed, the LWRC if you have the cash and if you want a piston.

Another option is buy either the LMT 10.5" barrel or the 12.5" piston kit for your LMT MRP upper and run with that on your AR pistol.

For pistol length barrels I find pistons systems run smoother. I'd look further into LWRC.

That's what I also heard that short barrels (pistol or rifle) run more reliable when using gas pistons.

mlevans66
02-26-2012, 2:48 PM
I'd go with the LWRC also. :thumbsup:

Sgt. J Beezy
02-26-2012, 3:17 PM
I don want to run a 12 inch upper which is why I am shying away from the LMT piston.

The only hesitation I have with the LWRC is that it is the "Legacy" meaning it is the older version with the two piece bolt and shorter piston with other differences as well. If I had 1800 to drop on an upper I would get the newer PSD but I am in deep enough water at 1200... I have not made up my mind if the "Legacy" LWRC will feel like a settling on my behalf if I were to go that route.

Anyone have any experience with the older style LWRC weapons?

sseric75
02-26-2012, 7:11 PM
I vote LMT. You can always change over to piston if you get bored with DI. I've shot almost 1K rounds of Lake City XM193 and never cleaned this thing. I'm trying Prove people wrong about how bad DI is on a pistol setup. So far so good just keep her wet and you won't have any issues. Also if you go this route, make sure you use a LMT carbine buffer and the LMT spring. Spent cartridges eject exactly 3 o'clock. I have mine drosed on a Aero Precision Lower.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/sseric75/2011-08-20_20-42-34_723.jpg

G60
02-26-2012, 7:12 PM
LWRC.

Plisk
02-26-2012, 9:25 PM
I don want to run a 12 inch upper which is why I am shying away from the LMT piston.

The only hesitation I have with the LWRC is that it is the "Legacy" meaning it is the older version with the two piece bolt and shorter piston with other differences as well. If I had 1800 to drop on an upper I would get the newer PSD but I am in deep enough water at 1200... I have not made up my mind if the "Legacy" LWRC will feel like a settling on my behalf if I were to go that route.

Anyone have any experience with the older style LWRC weapons?

The only major difference with the older LWRC uppers if their carrier design. They used basically OEM M16 carriers, with the OEM gas key that is held in by your 2 staked screws. They went away from this design because after a large round count (10,000+) sometimes the carrier would begin to crack and the key would sheer off. It was a somewhat rare occurrence, but that is why they switched. If you're ever begins to have that issue, LWRC will upgrade it for you. Lifetime warranty.

You shouldn't get too hung up on they old vs. new gun uppers. I know of a few people they took their old gen LWRC SBRs (10.5" & 12") and put over 25,000 rounds through them without a single issue with their carrier and without ever cleaning their piston system. You're not going to go wrong with LWRC.

luvtolean
02-26-2012, 9:29 PM
Noveske with the piggie on the end.

sffred
02-29-2012, 12:34 PM
very hard to argue... lwrc piston set up, noveske barrel and flaming pig and vltor vis? u have a 16" lmt...

if i was in your shoes, i'd build one but if u want out the box... noveske

just because of accuracy (best barrels in the business imho), flaming pig kx3 (best flash suppressor for any pistol/ cqb/ sbr), and u have a monolithic upper from vltor, most solid upper imho.

if u want ur pistol to be heavier/cleaner then get the lwrc...

but if u want the most accurate, stable target to target acquisitions, with one of the most solid uppers in the game... hands down noveske! my LE friend has a 10.5 sbr w/ kx3 and gets a 1-1.5" moa @ 100yrds iron sights all day, makes everyone else' 16" look bad

if u want to run a lil' cleaner... buy one of those fail zero bcg.

IMO

Ducman
02-29-2012, 2:34 PM
Love my Noveske Pistol :)
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q42/myusi/My%20EBR/DSC00628.jpg

xXx Sir Sik xXx
02-29-2012, 3:33 PM
LWRC is my vote