PDA

View Full Version : SB 1367 (Fuller) 2012: LTC may carry handguns deer archery season

Librarian
02-25-2012, 10:03 PM
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=sb_1367&sess=CUR&house=B&author=fuller

This bill would revise that archery provision to authorize a peace
officer, whether active or honorably retired, or a person with a
valid license to carry a concealed firearm, to carry a firearm on his
or her person while engaged in the taking of deer with bow and
arrow, but would prohibit taking or attempting to take deer with that
firearm.

Granted, this is kind of narrow, but it begins to recognize LTC holders exist.

Mrbroom
02-26-2012, 6:27 AM
I'm liking this.. As a hunter, I have gotten worried about running accross a bear or mountian lion that could possibly attack..

timmyb21
02-26-2012, 7:20 AM
I like this one too. Not worried about wild animals while bow hunting as much as wild pot growers.

parcours
02-26-2012, 7:33 AM
Step in right direction for sure!.

It's not the wild animals I worry about, it the wild human animals I worry about... Been hunting with a bow and had many a suspicious person come from no where...

huntercf
02-26-2012, 8:34 AM
Why do only LTC holders get to protect themselves from bears, lions and pot growers?

Gray Peterson
02-26-2012, 5:38 PM
Why do only LTC holders get to protect themselves from bears, lions and pot growers?

This isn't Oregon or Washington. Steps forwards without a step back is better than nothing at all.

Cylarz
05-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Can non-CCW holders carry concealed while hunting during the general (rifle) season? I'm pretty sure CCW holders can do so.

eldonvieira
08-09-2012, 9:31 PM
looks like this was amended to only allow peace officers to carry

wjc
08-09-2012, 10:11 PM

Agreed.

Other states have the provision that you can carry as long as you don't take the game with the sidearm. Evidently, that's too logical for our esteemed overlords.

feh.

tatt00edangel
08-15-2012, 7:24 PM
Trying to understand the jargon. So as I read it, only Peace Officers can carry while Bow hunting? If I had a CCW, I wouldn't be able to carry legally?

SkyMag68
08-15-2012, 7:32 PM
Liked!! if you are a LTC holder this bill would allow you to carry your handgun during Bow Hunting season.

tatt00edangel
08-15-2012, 8:03 PM
Where can I find the actual literature that says that I can carry.

prob
08-15-2012, 8:14 PM
This isn't Oregon or Washington. Steps forwards without a step back is better than nothing at all.

It's a step forward for everyone who happens to live in a jurisdiction where carry permits are routinely granted. For those of us in areas such as Los Angeles County, it's merely another law that specifically excludes us from protecting ourselves. I think the only ones who think of this as a good thing are those who are already empowered to carry simply because of where they live or their profession.

tatt00edangel
08-15-2012, 9:28 PM
I looked through this years regulations and it still states no firearms while archery hunting. Is there a link to the amendment? I want to print up a copy and carry it with me in case I get stopped by a ranger that hasn't been updated yet.

tatt00edangel
08-15-2012, 9:37 PM
"Except as provided in subdivision (b),
a person taking or attempting to take deer during such archery
season shall neither carry, nor have under his or her immediate
control, any firearm of any kind.
(b) A peace officer listed in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with
Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2 of the Penal Code, whether active
or honorably retired, may carry a firearm capable of being
concealed on his or her person while engaged in the taking of deer
with bow and arrow in accordance with subdivision (a), but shall
not take or attempt to take deer with the firearm."

This is the latest text that I could find, it says it was ammended in assembly Aug 6, 2012

So this means "no" to concealed carry other than peace officers, correct?