PDA

View Full Version : Mag Disconnects/Chamber Loaded Ind.

SigAlert
04-04-2007, 3:38 PM
How did we get here? Was there some incident that had the masses demanding these laws go on the books?

I am a new gun owner. I was going to get a revolver first, but didn't like the direction the laws were going. I jumped on a SIG. No Disconnect or Chamber Loaded indicator.

I'm happy.

But SIG has a boat-load of new models that will never be approved for California that I will never see.

Do we have any hope of overturning these laws?

HowardW56
04-04-2007, 3:47 PM
How did we get here? Was there some incident that had the masses demanding these laws go on the books?

I am a new gun owner. I was going to get a revolver first, but didn't like the direction the laws were going. I jumped on a SIG. No Disconnect or Chamber Loaded indicator.

I'm happy.

But SIG has a boat-load of new models that will never be approved for California that I will never see.

Do we have any hope of overturning these laws?

Only if it Snows in San Diego mid September....

Cpl_Peters
04-04-2007, 3:49 PM
Yes and No. If the parker vs DC verdict gains steam gun control restrictions of firearms sales will be lightened if not abolished since the 2A will be recognized for what it really is, an individual right. That is along way off though and the Loaded chamber and mag disconnect may stay around as they are for "safety"...all items are subject to government safety restrictions.

As for the incident that caused these laws? I know of none....or....maybe it was when a certain DOJ official accidently shot up an office?

HowardW56
04-04-2007, 3:51 PM
Yes and No. If the parker vs DC verdict gains steam gun control restrictions of firearms sales will be lightened if not abolished since the 2A will be recognized for what it really is, an individual right. That is along way off though and the Loaded chamber and mag disconnect may stay around as they are for "safety"...all items are subject to government safety restrictions.

As for the incident that caused these laws? I know of none....or....maybe it was when a certain DOJ official accidently shot up an office?

Only Law enforcement is allowed to shoot up facilities....

Look at the floor in any police station locker room....

leelaw
04-04-2007, 4:13 PM
It's not a response to any particular incident; it is a response to civilian ownership of firearms. It's about citizen control.

grammaton76
04-04-2007, 4:15 PM
Only if it Snows in San Diego mid September....

We've had bits of snow come down in SD, although I'm not sure if it was in September. Never sticks, though, and it always freaks out the locals.

FinweElensar
04-04-2007, 4:56 PM
Can't they buy unapproved guns, and then ,maybe sell them to you via PPT? ;)

jaymz
04-04-2007, 5:06 PM
Can't they buy unapproved guns, and then ,maybe sell them to you via PPT? ;)

Yup. :D But it sucks that LEO's can buy off the shelf "unsafe" guns, but us simple folk can't.