PDA

View Full Version : Question About Glock 19 Gen3 Sale

larryis1
02-25-2012, 7:17 PM
I just looked at the Turner's Outdoorsman Ad and noticed that the G19 is on sale for $519.99 (this is a $50 price reduction). The ad refers to at "Glock 17 or 19 Fixed" at this sale price. The fixed refers obviously to the sights. Is this the normal version of the G19 and does this permit future sight upgrades to either metal or night sights? Your input will be greatly appreciated as I would like to go to the Orange store tomorrow to make the purchase.

Thanks,
Larry

Baconator
02-25-2012, 7:18 PM
you can upgrade the sites later with the tool.

SouperMan
02-25-2012, 7:30 PM
Yes on both counts. The stock sights are plastic.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

larryis1
02-25-2012, 8:00 PM
Thank you all... it looks like I will be making the purchase tomorrow with the $50 price cut. Probably will upgrade sights later to metal. I had heard someone say that certain night sights are not permitted in California (not sure if this is accurate though).

Oceanbob
02-25-2012, 8:10 PM
Thank you all... it looks like I will be making the purchase tomorrow with the $50 price cut. Probably will upgrade sights later to metal. I had heard someone say that certain night sights are not permitted in California (not sure if this is accurate though).

Hi Larry...first of all .....WELCOME TO CAL GUNS...you're new and I am glad you're here.!

Second, the GLOCK 19 is a fantastic weapon. A lifetime keeper. What I consider a baseline gun. Everyone should have a good 9 and this is it.

Third....$519 is a good price.

Fourth..you can install any sights you want in California. I would run the weapon for a few months to get the feel of it then upgrade to some night sights. Several options are available and if you're close to Orange County you can borrow my sight-pusher to install whatever you buy yourself in about 10 minutes. (or I can help)

Get that GLOCK 19 sir.

Be well

Bob

larryis1
02-25-2012, 8:17 PM
Hi Bob, I am located in the Irvine area. Thanks for the words of encouragement and support. I will be going over to Turners in Orange tomorrow.

Distro
02-25-2012, 8:26 PM
Always enjoy an Oceanbob post.

Nor Cal Scot
02-25-2012, 8:31 PM
Get it now! I almost like it better than my g22. Great effin gun.

Oceanbob
02-25-2012, 8:40 PM
Hi Bob, I am located in the Irvine area. Thanks for the words of encouragement and support. I will be going over to Turners in Orange tomorrow.

Good....when you get ready to choose or install some night sights just PM me and we can meet up to install them..:)

Take care
Bob

gwanghoops
02-25-2012, 9:15 PM
FYI -- I just ordered a Glock 17 Gen 4 via SSE at DAS in Solana Beach for $599. You can get a G19 Gen 4 also at this price. $520 is an OK price, but you can always get it at Ironsights in Oceanside every day. I hate waiting for service at Turners, but I guess that's the way it is at most gun shops with inventory.

jonc
02-25-2012, 9:21 PM
Can't never go wrong with a Glock!!!
:eek:

Blackhawk556
02-25-2012, 10:19 PM
FYI -- I just ordered a Glock 17 Gen 4 via SSE at DAS in Solana Beach for $599. You can get a G19 Gen 4 also at this price. $520 is an OK price, but you can always get it at Ironsights in Oceanside every day. I hate waiting for service at Turners, but I guess that's the way it is at most gun shops with inventory.

$499 all day long in Fresno.

I hope you like it. My glock was always reliable.

Sent from Los Alamos Nuclear Facility

JNunez23
02-25-2012, 10:24 PM
I shot a Glock 19 for the first time at the local range and really liked it. Nice, light, and feel good in your hands.

Now my only decision is to go with a Glock or a XD9..decisions.

larryis1
02-26-2012, 5:29 PM
I shot a Glock 19 for the first time at the local range and really liked it. Nice, light, and feel good in your hands.

Now my only decision is to go with a Glock or a XD9..decisions.

I purchased the Glock 19 Gen3 today and will take delivery in 10 days. Got a good price at Turner's.