PDA

View Full Version : NightHawk

jay pass
02-25-2012, 5:13 PM
I have 2 nighthawks and several Wilsons and I feel the quality of the Nighthawk is better bang for your buck. Has anyone else held and shot both?

Jay.

Vin496
02-25-2012, 5:38 PM
I have 2 nighthawks and several Wilsons and I feel the quality of the Nighthawk is better bang for your buck. Has anyone else held and shot both?

Jay.

I've had both and my Wilson was superior to my Nighthawk. Price wise my way better equipped Wilson was cheaper, but that's my fault for buying the nighthawk on impulse.

jessegpresley
02-25-2012, 7:29 PM
I have 1 Wilson and 1 Nighthawk but they're not equals as the Wilson is a Supergrade so I can't compare the two, other than the Wilson feels better, which it should at about $2k more. With that being said, I'd buy another Wilson or NHC.

Blackhawk556
02-26-2012, 1:57 AM
Anybody have the nighthawk 9mm? Lucky you guys have expensive equipment.

Sent from Los Alamos Nuclear Facility

Roddd
02-26-2012, 5:57 AM
I've shot Wilsons and am fortunate enough to own a Nighthawk. I think both shops make an excellent 1911 but I couldn't give an accurate comparison. The Nighthawk's fit and finish seemed better than my friends' Wilsons but they'd disagree. I guess it's all a matter of personal preference.

socal147
02-26-2012, 6:22 AM
One day I am going to take my SA TRP, SA MC Op, SA Loaded 9, SA Loaded, LB Custom Carry, Wilson CQB (On Order), NH T3, DW Classic (Jail), and Glock 21 (Jail) out for a side by side comparision. I have no doubts the Glock will feel inferior. :eek:

barca101
02-26-2012, 7:06 AM
I have not had the chance to shoot a WC, but I do like their CQB Tactical LE. Unfortunetly all I have is a NHC GRP that shoots great. Both companies make great guns, but I like NHC for the cool factor.;)

John Browning
02-26-2012, 9:02 AM
It comes down to who built the pistol. I have a three digit Talon built by the Philips of Wilson Combat (when they first started Nighthawk) on a forged slide and frame from beginning to end. It is the Maybach of 1911s and I can't suggest any way to improve it.

jessegpresley
02-26-2012, 10:50 AM
The two Philips are actually not related.

Berryville is a small town, there's a chance that if you own both a Nighthawk and a Wilson the same guy had a hand in building each.

Cyc Wid It
02-26-2012, 8:15 PM
I would bet that Wilson Combat will outlast Nighthawk. They both make nice guns at the moment though.

LoadedM333
02-26-2012, 8:35 PM
I'll be happy with either one..

BoJackUSMC
02-26-2012, 8:53 PM
One day I am going to take my SA TRP, SA MC Op, SA Loaded 9, SA Loaded, LB Custom Carry, Wilson CQB (On Order), NH T3, DW Classic (Jail), and Glock 21 (Jail) out for a side by side comparision. I have no doubts the Glock will feel inferior. :eek:

Which range?:) I will be there to help you out:43:

Eric_Oh
02-26-2012, 9:16 PM
I have 2 nighthawks and several Wilsons and I feel the quality of the Nighthawk is better bang for your buck.

Personally havent been lucky enough to own either... but i think with either one you're talking about a lot of bucks for your bang. :cool2: