PDA

View Full Version : Walther P99/PPQ owners: Magazines?

Plywood
02-25-2012, 3:32 PM
Where are you Walther guys getting your 10 round p99 mags? I'm picking up my new PPQ (9mm) next week and I'd like to get a few extra mags for it. I have the two 15 round rebuild kits that came with it, but I'd rather not destroy those by trying to block them.

I have looked everywhere I can think of for mags, but I've been coming up short. I know that SW99 and MR "fast action" eagle (p99 clone) mags will also work in the Walther, but they are sold out as well. (I've read they may need a little trimming to fit under the feed ramp)

I was desperate enough to buy two Promags form Midway. I know they are going to be crap and I'll probably end up sending those back.I even sent messages to Walther and Mec-Gar about magazine availability, but I have yet to hear back from them . (I'm not holding by breath either)

Any info or leads would be very helpful.

Thanks!

skeeter149
02-25-2012, 4:02 PM
I got 2 walther p99 full size tens from grabagun.com. Think It was 42 a mag with 10 bucks shipping. Just scored 2 used OEMs last night for 65 shipped. Grab a gun had them in stock but took like 2-3 days to ship. Ordered Monday be here next Monday. 2 used ordered last night be here Tuesday. Good luck man I had the same problem

Aspec5vz
02-25-2012, 6:13 PM
Check gunbroker and waltherforums.com

Rudolf the Red
02-25-2012, 7:09 PM
www.gunclips.com has some factory for sale. They are in CA and ship fast. Sales tax, however. It is what it is.

hyperion.excal
02-25-2012, 7:18 PM
http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand.asp?ProductCode=MAG910

baby desert eagle magazines will work on PPQ

Plywood
02-26-2012, 8:50 AM
Thanks for the info guys! I just ordered a few :thumbsup:

CJJohn
02-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Plywood.
I bought a couple of the ProMags and put the factory Walther follower in them and they work perfect. This way you don't have to ruin the 15 round "rebuild kits"! When I leave CA, I can go back to factory mags in about 3 minutes.......

railroader
02-26-2012, 11:56 AM
http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand.asp?ProductCode=MAG910

baby desert eagle magazines will work on PPQ

Those mags are for the cz clone baby eagle not the one that uses walther mags. Here's the gun that looks like the walther and they don't show they sell 10 round mags. http://www.magnumresearch.com/Baby_Eagle.asp

gorenut
02-26-2012, 1:21 PM
Check gunbroker and waltherforums.com

I second Waltherforums. Sometimes members from other states dump their 10 rounders there for cheap because they have no need for neutered mags. Might also wanna check CDNN.

Plywood
02-26-2012, 1:46 PM
PLywood.
I bought a couple of the ProMags and put the factory Walther follower in them and they work perfect. This wya you don;t have ot ruin the 15 round "rebuild kits"! When I leave CA, I can go back to factory mags in about 3 minutes.......

Great tip! I just may keep them and try this.

I also read that the main problem with promags is their springs. I read somewhere (probably on the Walther forum) that Beretta 92 mag springs are the same as p99 springs (or close enough to work)

Plywood
02-26-2012, 1:48 PM
I second Waltherforums. Sometimes members from other states dump their 10 rounders there for cheap because they have no need for neutered mags. Might also wanna check CDNN.

I signed up there yesterday. :thumbsup:

osxgp
02-26-2012, 6:32 PM
I have 4 10rd mags that are Magnum research Baby Eagle for my PPQ that is .40 S&W. They are identical in every way (finish, size, follower color, etc) to the Walther PPQ 12rd rebuilds that I got. I got mine from MidwayUSA, but the 9mm are listed out of stock til July or something.

osxgp
02-26-2012, 6:33 PM
I signed up there yesterday. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen anything there yet.

hyperion.excal
02-26-2012, 8:25 PM
Those mags are for the cz clone baby eagle not the one that uses walther mags. Here's the gun that looks like the walther and they don't show they sell 10 round mags. http://www.magnumresearch.com/Baby_Eagle.asp

:facepalm: You are right. The compatible mag is the MAG915.

sorry if i misinformed anyone.

i hope mec-gar make after market for the PPQ. 10 rounders and standard cap

hkim562
03-16-2012, 3:18 PM
Sorry. So does the mag910 fit the PPQ 9mm or only the mag915?