PDA

View Full Version : Possibly buying a gun shop questions for FFL's

nlpro
02-25-2012, 3:11 PM
A local gun shop owner is looking to retire and has offered to sell me his whole business inventory and everything. So i'm wondering what would be involved in doing something like this . Does the ffl get transferred to me or would i have to get a totally new ffl in my name and what other things would have to be done to transfer the business to new ownership .

Sorry if these are noob questions or the wrong forum i'm am still int he initial talking about stage with the guy so nothing is set yet .

thanks

halifax
02-25-2012, 3:25 PM
As for the FFL, it needs to be totally new. Then reapply for the state stuff. Local maybe GTG but I'm not certain.

T-Jett
03-04-2012, 8:37 PM
Check with ATF about questions concerning FFL

kemasa
03-05-2012, 10:03 AM
I think it depends on how the business is setup. I am not sure that everything would need to change if it was a corporation and the owner of the corporation changed, but I could be wrong. You might need to get new permits/licenses or some might be able to be transferred. It might also be possible to add your name, then later remove the other person.

garplay
03-05-2012, 12:49 PM
I am Not an FFL:

IF you need to change the FFL the dealership is operating under, you may be down for weeks or even months: witness how long Bullseye was down due to the FFL licensing changeover. Make suer that situation would not apply to you.