PDA

View Full Version : My cousin wants to buy a gun but is moving to another city. What to do?

VL221
02-25-2012, 1:37 PM
So after letting my cousin shoot my guns, he is finally convinced to get a SR22 for his first handgun. The problem is that he bought a new house in San Jose but currently lives in San Bruno. The house is currently being remodeled and won't be finished until half a year. Should he purchase a gun using his current address in San Bruno, which is the same address as his driver license. Or should he use his San Jose address, which he has no identification for?

keenkeen
02-25-2012, 2:12 PM
Is this a trick question?

Why would he use any other address then his current residence that he has ID for?

paul0660
02-25-2012, 2:21 PM
If the question is, does he have to tell someone, gun wise, if he moves to a new address, the answer is no, so do it at the present location.

DrewTheBrave
02-25-2012, 4:11 PM
All the FFL needs to see is valid ID along with proof of residence that matches the address on the ID.

Since his ID states he lives in San Bruno, he needs a current document in his name (such as vehicle registration) as a proof of residence in San Bruno.

VL221
02-26-2012, 1:16 AM
Great, thanks guys :)

PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE
02-26-2012, 7:03 PM
Is this a trick question?

Why would he use any other address then his current residence that he has ID for?

:rofl2: I know its better to be safe than sorry, but I wasn't sure I was reading the question correctly myself.