PDA

View Full Version : picked up an awsome weapons/handheld light reviews lower in thread

negolien
02-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Needed to pick up a light for some night drills and couldn't afford much so picked this up... I'll post how it works when I get it. Anyone have one? Reviews in a lower post.

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-LT-EL338-EL338-LED-Flashlight/dp/B002NO0SQ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330156145&sr=8-1

rb765
02-25-2012, 7:28 AM
I was looking at that one too to mount on my AR build. My other option was an LED upgrade to me G2 with the same bulb as yours and a pressure switch also from Amazon.

Let us know how it holds up.

negolien
02-25-2012, 8:24 AM
will do. I wish I could have afforded at least a TRL-1s but with rear door and pressure switch was wa to expensive we'll see how this one does.

negolien
02-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Here's the review and pics...http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee472/Negolien/TacLight/?albumview=slideshow

This TacLight is extremly rugged and well made. I was surprised by the quality of this product. I know UTG makes good stuff but for the price WOW. Bright as piss and will easily temporarily blind an intruder or suspect. Heavy enough to use as a defensive tool if necassary. Easy assembly of Light, mounting of rail portion onto your weapon and fairly easy 1st time routing of the pressure switch is nice.

Now for the drawbacks..

The twist constant on portion is stiff and should be a seperate action and construction than the disassembly of the endcap imo.

There's also the issue of only a single endcap for this item. This causes a huge inconvenience to the consumer when trying to use as a WeaponsLight and a hand held light. To take this TacLight off your weapon you must completely disassemble the endcap from the main body causing the removal of the pressure switch cable thru the endcap and from it's routing under you rail covers.:facepalm: This is a HUGE problem... You might as well pull it off and stick it in your bag when being used as a hand held. -1 for the manufacturer for missing this. The product should include 2 endcaps so only front bulb section of the light must be removed to change to a handheld. These are the only two drawbacks to the item in my opinion.. well worth the $50 you spend..+1 for this item well done.