View Full Version : Looking for recommended gun shops in SoCal

02-24-2012, 10:32 PM
I live in L.A and could use some recommendations on local gun shops. Sadly, my yelp searches have led to more of where not to go to than any real glowing recommendations. I'm happy to drive on a weekend if it means finding a place with decent prices along with knowledgeable and friendly staff. And would prefer to support a local shop if possible vs. going out to the web. Not gonna name names here, but haven't come across too many positives on the west l.a. adjacent shops. Are things better in the Valley or in OC?

02-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Your question is pretty vague. First things first....

Exactly where in "LA" are you located at, so we can get an idea of what's close do you?

And then, exactly what are you looking to buy? Handgun, long gun, accessories, preppers stuff, just window shop?

What are you trying to gain by looking at Yelp reviews? Are you looking for a store that has a gun that you want? Or are you looking for a friendly, sociable place where you can just go an peruse through the stuff and 'hang out' and just browse around? Do you know what you want or are you just looking to shop around to get some ideas?

02-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Ammo Bros in Cerrittos is a very large well stocked shop. It is quite busy so you can just blend in and ogle the guns. They use a Number system like a deli, so make sure to grab one as soon as you enter if you actually want some counter help. they also stock all the other necesities to the shooting sports in a well stocked clean shop.

The staff tends to be fairly knowledgeable and courteous. They will explain the advantages of one gun over another and current trends in the field.

02-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Below in the vendor sub-forum...just look at their ads, and jump on their deals :)