PDA

View Full Version : Beginner or intermediate?

SYBIZ
02-24-2012, 9:46 PM
I'm planning on taking some classes and when I read the description of the class it will often say "For beginner shooter" or "For intermediate shooter". My question is what category do I fall? I own an XD40 and a Remington 870. I've shot them and other guns several times at the local range but have never had any formal instruction. I don't want a class that turns out to be a waste of time but even worse I don't want to be in over my head. Or maybe if I don't know then I'm a beginner!

MXRider
02-24-2012, 9:50 PM
No formal instruction = beginner. Be honest with your self and your current skill set and you will have a better experience with training.

Lives_In_Fresno
02-24-2012, 9:57 PM
I'd call them, frankly. Maybe they will make you a deal on both?

dieselpower
02-24-2012, 10:10 PM
This depends on the class. Is this an NRA approved class...an Appleseed class...Joe Cool's School for the Tactical Carbine Course I & II?

^ As stated above, call the school, ask what is covered and be honest with yourself. Yes, beginner classes cover very basic stuff but its all needed info. It sounds to me as if you need the Beginner class even though I bet 50% of the covered stuff you know.

SYBIZ
02-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the input!

LEO
02-25-2012, 7:04 AM
I have taken the beginners class more than once,at some schools You have to take
their beginning class before You can take any other class, or show proof of prior
instruction at another qualified school.