PDA

View Full Version : Act of Valor sound off

Rebellious
02-24-2012, 5:53 PM
I had the misfortune of reading a lot of the critics negative reviews and almost decided to pass, but I'm sure glad I didn't. Acting was as good as it's going to be since its active duty seals on the big screen. Script wasn't much better but who cares! I thought the movie was great. Gave me a great sense of pride for my country and the men and women who give their lives in the name of freedom. I was concerned there wasn't going to be enough action scenes with a lot of focus on love/family/etc but there's plenty of action throughout to keep you on the edge of your seat. Good movie now go out and see it! Post your reviews but NO SPOILERS please!

negolien
02-24-2012, 7:14 PM
http://www.forourson.us/ Aaron was one of the Seals features in the movie. He was on board the chopper that went down last August. As for the movie whatever anyone can do to show what these heroes go thru and do is ok as long as it doesn't mess with OPSEC/tradecraft or their identities.

Dave A
02-24-2012, 8:15 PM
I am hearing nothing but good reviews on this film from people who are not on the left and have an anti military agenda. The really interesting thing is that it was all shot on a Canon 5D mk II which is a $3,000 SLR with video capability. Freakingunbelievable.

gant
02-24-2012, 8:22 PM
I am hearing nothing but good reviews on this film from people who are not on the left and have an anti military agenda. The really interesting thing is that it was all shot on a Canon 5D mk II which is a $3,000 SLR with video capability. Freakingunbelievable.

im a camera guy/photography is one of my big hobbies

its not that unbelivable, that a camera could do that, the lenses they use is what makes the video so nice and sharp, lenses are probably 3 times more than the cost of the DSLR

G60
02-24-2012, 8:48 PM
Of course Hollywood is gonna give it bad reviews, they were ****ting their pants and clutching their blankies at all the EBIL EBIL GUNS.

biglou
02-24-2012, 9:03 PM
My wife and I seen it tonight. I thought it was a good movie. You could have heard a pin drop in the end.

CS25
02-24-2012, 9:37 PM
Going to see it tomorrow. Cant wait, looks great!

ldivinag
02-24-2012, 9:40 PM
my none spoiler review:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/2210008082

BucDan
02-25-2012, 6:20 AM
It was good. The bumping subs and bass gets you rocking.

enzo357
02-25-2012, 7:21 AM
My wife and I really enjoyed it. Always a pleasure to see anything that is pro military, pro guns, and pro USA. Sure a lot of people will have trouble with it, sounds like they have the problem.

shooting4life
02-25-2012, 8:23 AM
Going to see it today. Cannot wait.

coolvarmint
02-25-2012, 8:46 AM
Great movie. Nice to see such a pro military movie. If you're a former serviceman and this doesn't make you miss that time...
All the good memories from those years . Semper Fi

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sacramento Black Rifle
02-25-2012, 9:11 AM
Great movie!

Arias
02-25-2012, 9:15 AM
Thought it was great, I really enjoyed it.

docsmileyface
02-25-2012, 9:54 AM
I went and saw it with my brother in law and his buddy last night. In like the first scene where he tries to do a radio check and gets no response I cracked up as it brought back memories of trying to get radios timed with each other correctly doing a bazillion radio checks before rolling out only to find out one of our guntrucks still couldn't get comms. They kept asking me what certain terminology meant, which everything sounded spot on.

My biggest gripe as a lot of stuff was over stylized - wish they would have shown what IR lasers looked like instead of showing them flashing their visible lasers all over the place but I guess maybe that was to hide the fact how awesome they allow our military to own the night.

SuperSet
02-25-2012, 10:01 AM
These guy's faces are going to be splashed all over the country now. I'm a little surprised that the Pentagon okay'ed it.
And I'm also surprised that no one has brought up the fact that you can take that much 7.62 at close range and still end up only with an arm cast.

docsmileyface
02-25-2012, 10:04 AM
That was actually based off of a true story. A SEAL got hit like 20 times and killed like three guys with his P226. They actually toned the real story down for the movie!

That was probably my favorite part, the satisfied "**** you" look he had after he waxed the dude with his pistol.

BucDan
02-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Don't spoil the movie for others!!!

But yeah, that was bad ***.

Massan
02-25-2012, 11:24 AM
America, f**k yeah!

I am a little surprised that the SEALs allowed their faces to be shown like this, perhaps their retiring soon? Otherwise I hope their families are going to be kept safe.

02-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Of course Hollywood is gonna give it bad reviews, they were ****ting their pants and clutching their blankies at all the EBIL EBIL GUNS.

HAHAHA I loved it, had good meaning to the movie too. I say A+!

CitaDeL
02-25-2012, 12:09 PM
I went to see it yesterday. While it is clear a few of the actors are not thespians, I think as a fictionalized account of real stories, what made it a much better film than can be produced by Hollywood, is primarily due to it's honesty about the action sequences, the comradeship these men share and sense of seriousness that isnt found in depictions in typical Hollywood fare.

N8TEN30
02-25-2012, 1:41 PM
Great movie! Very Authentic and Kick A#* Tactics!

Kyle1886
02-25-2012, 2:11 PM
I heard an interview by either the producers or directors and they stated that it was "livefire" durning filming, no blanks.

Respectfully
Kyle

negolien
02-25-2012, 4:30 PM
That was actually based off of a true story. A SEAL got hit like 20 times and killed like three guys with his P226. They actually toned the real story down for the movie!

LOL BS... that's so over the top it's not even funny. Yeah he got shot 20 times spit out the slugs and proceded to rip open his shirt revealinbg a big S right? I've never heard of a Team being deployed on that many missions in such a short time to tackle one plot also. I mean really oh yeah and they planned it all themselves on sand table moments before the HALO too right? Just saying it's a movie ment for recruiting purposes let's not get carried away ...:facepalm:

Johnnykck
02-25-2012, 4:49 PM
From what I have read and heard the actors are not Seals, the actual Seals do the "stunt" work, the action scenes where their faces are not recognizable, they coordinated the special effect (explosions) a.s.o. The guys that are the characters are not Seals and are actors. I will be going to watch it tonight with my wife, looking forward to it. My brother-in-law is a SEAL, can't wait to hear what he has to say about it when and if he goes to see it.

Uncle Jess
02-25-2012, 6:28 PM
At the theatres now to watch it.

docsmileyface
02-25-2012, 6:34 PM
LOL BS... that's so over the top it's not even funny. Yeah he got shot 20 times spit out the slugs and proceded to rip open his shirt revealinbg a big S right? I've never heard of a Team being deployed on that many missions in such a short time to tackle one plot also. I mean really oh yeah and they planned it all themselves on sand table moments before the HALO too right? Just saying it's a movie ment for recruiting purposes let's not get carried away ...:facepalm:

Never read much Medal of Honor citations, eh? There's instances of soldiers being hit ridiculous amounts of times, yet they keep going on fighting and pulling their comrades to safety, ect. When you throw in the fact that he's wearing level four plates, if his plates managed to stop those hits and his guy got TQs on his extremities he'd have a good chance of surviving.

Eddie1965
02-25-2012, 7:38 PM
^I believe you. Just read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez

Oh, and I'm taking my boys to see it tomorrow.

Eirerogue
02-25-2012, 7:55 PM
Roy was a truly amazing warrior. No Hollywood there!

Saym14
02-25-2012, 7:59 PM
great movie - loved it. but a couple parts were not tactically correct.

I like how the night scenes were still easy to see what is happening, so man new movies you cant see $h!# when they have a night scene.

Massan
02-25-2012, 8:07 PM

Its a movie, yes, but the scenes do coordinate with real ops. Guy that got shot "20"' times(not sure how many really) is STG2 Matthew Axelson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Axelson). Ended up taking a bunch of the b@$tards with him using his sidearm.

aatruong
02-25-2012, 8:09 PM
Great movie...the pinning of the eagle part was galvanizing.

Uncle Jess
02-25-2012, 8:57 PM
Damn good movie. Took the Wife and a lot of scenes had her all stressed out! Good intensity filled moments that put you in the driver's seat of these honorable teams. It's good that a film like this gets out on the big screen.

Laser Sailor
02-25-2012, 9:57 PM
Just got back from seeing it, wow! So the acting as so-so, the realism more than made up for it. There were several moments that stuck out as a very accurate portrayal of being in the service.

I loved the attention to detail, especially all the sounds of birds and bugs in the jungle scenes, I could almost smell the dank humid air.

<possible minor spoiler below>

Anybody else notice that not one of the bad guys was middle eastern? Think it was a PC decision? But it does show that the jihad mentality is not limited to the middle east, and that our enemies can come from any country.

Sent from my iPhone while crashing my mountain bike.

Saym14
02-25-2012, 10:34 PM
spoliler alet - bloopers IMHO

1. no flash bangs, they would not make entry in sevral scenes without some flash -bang grenedes
2. red lasers at night - they would use IR lasers at night which only they could se with NV equipment, not red lasers
3. flashlights inthe milk factory - they would use NV only as the FL give them away
4. medics- the scene inthe back of the pick up - the inured would be getting complete medical care and attention, not just "hey buddy stay with us" same for the other injured.
5. the moon. they would jump or infiltrate when there was no moon if possible.
6. HALO - if you jump from 30,000 feet you need 5 minutes of pure O2 before you

otherwise excellent film. jump,

cc56
02-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Saw it tonight. I liked the action, not so much the talking. The acting was bad.... They tried to have serious moments that looked so forced. One of my favorite scenes was the sub, no action, no talking just the sub in the ocean. Some of the "cover" in the movie would not stop AK fire, but movie magic it did. Over all a fairly good recruitment video! I will say I wanted to go shooting reallllly bad after seeing it.

MrExel17
02-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Great movie from beginning to end, would recommend it.

Johnnykck
02-25-2012, 11:00 PM
just got back from seeing it, would give it a 7 out of 10. Worth watching.

D53
02-25-2012, 11:12 PM
The wife and I just got back from watching it, and I can agree with a lot of points already spoke about. But all in all, I enjoyed the film.

Hornet_RN
02-26-2012, 4:29 AM
all the shooting and action was fun and looked accurate enough, the acting was really bad though...just my opinion

JockItch
02-26-2012, 5:45 AM
Great movie !!! Act of Valor is a movie that every American needs to see this movie to get a glimpse of the devotion and dedication our military has to keep terrorism out of your backyard. God bless our military, their families, and our country.

therealnickb
02-26-2012, 6:50 AM
My wife and I enjoyed it yesterday. The message was better than the technical presentation.

I'm glad we went (except for the guy right behind us that could not stop grunting and saying "wow", which is why I don't see many movies in the theater anymore)

cmichini
02-26-2012, 7:03 AM
Came from Hollywood? Pass...

Bluesami
02-26-2012, 7:28 AM
Came from Hollywood? Pass...

Actually I would argue that it came more from the military.

Dan-O
02-26-2012, 8:01 AM

Due to the fact that 99% of what they do is classified, that makes sense...

k1dude
02-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Keep in mind they can't disclose our actual tactics and equipment in a movie. If they did, all our enemies worldwide would be clued in. So of course you'll see inaccuracies and fictional stuff. I just wish they'd keep it real on the stuff they can show. It doesn't make it any less entertaining to keep it real in those situations. Sometimes I hate artistic license in Hollywood.

ChaneRZ
02-26-2012, 11:04 AM
We enjoyed the movie! Acting was bad though, but the firefight were sweet. I thought I was playing COD when it was first person view with the rifle, especially when he was dying at the end...Last stand.

gl0ckc0ma
02-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Would this be a good movie to take my 7 year old to watch, or is it too much violence?

h0use
02-26-2012, 12:52 PM
great movie!!

Eddie1965
02-26-2012, 2:06 PM
My boys and I loved it, awesome movie.

Spiggy
02-26-2012, 4:29 PM
Acting wasn't too great, but I was in there for the action scenes.

A lot of stuff being shot up, blasted, and an excellent moment with a pure FU moment where everything and everything gets ripped.

Wasn't worth the $16 ticket I had to pay at The Block in OC, but then again, my fault for not bringing my free AMC ticket.

SoCalSon
02-26-2012, 4:39 PM
Acting wasn't too great, but I was in there for the action scenes.

A lot of stuff being shot up, blasted, and an excellent moment with a pure FU moment where everything and everything gets ripped.

Wasn't worth the $16 ticket I had to pay at The Block in OC, but then again, my fault for not bringing my free AMC ticket.

I paid $5 and watch it in the afternoon :D

justin_5585
02-26-2012, 5:27 PM
Would this be a good movie to take my 7 year old to watch, or is it too much violence?

IMO it is a bit too violent for a 7 year old, and there are definitely some F-bombs dropped throughout the movie. I just think it would be harder for you to enjoy it to it's full potential if you were with a youngster and worried about them. Just my .02

Army
02-26-2012, 5:31 PM
From what I have read and heard the actors are not Seals, the actual Seals do the "stunt" work, the action scenes where their faces are not recognizable...

No. Rosy Sanchez is the most recognizable actress, of the four actual Hollywood types. The "team" are actual SEALs, actually acting, actually starring.

You can't train some Hollywood leftist soft belly puke the correct ways of infil, exfil, riverine assault, HALO, silent patrolling, weapons handling, and tactics and make it anything close to looking real. You can, however, train a SEAL to act :)

Many scenes, including all of the riverine assault, use live ammo. River patrol craft Miniguns blazing the truck? Real bullets, real impact, real destruction.

G60
02-26-2012, 6:10 PM
Actually I would argue that it came more from the military.

Yup. The film is a recruitment initiative.

QVA
02-26-2012, 7:19 PM
We saw it this afternoon. Glad we don't listen to biased reviews from the liberal crowd. Movie started and kept moving forward till the end. Well done! Only downside was it made me feel as if I was having a very uneventful weekend in comparison. LOL. Thank God!

The acting was appropriate for the story line in my opinion. No up staging, every man was a star in his own right. Off and on camera they were who they are.

Excellent camera work, effects, editing, sound track all driving home the fact that there are still to this day Spartan types that go in and get the tough and dirty jobs done while we enjoy what is left of a dwindling freedom at home.

Took mental notes as a basic tactics refresher and equipment check list. Being a sound engineer and enjoying a good number of years in the movie industry the effects through a good system were well done and creditable.

Proud to know two names at the end of the movie. We left the theater feeling proud, pumped up a tad with a greater sense of patriotic duty and potential risks here at home and abroad.

Good required watching in every High School before we lose this generation. The opposition hates this type of movie. JB-QVA

Spiggy
02-27-2012, 9:52 AM
Yup. The film is a recruitment initiative.

it's not as good as battle: LA

gant
02-27-2012, 5:40 PM
good movie

the guy with the beard, that was interrogating christo was kinda annoying, reminded me too much of the guy from the hang over

wjc
02-27-2012, 6:19 PM
it's not as good as battle: LA

Please tell me its not like Hurt Locker. I hated the whole tone of that movie.

I'm waiting for Act of Valor to come out on DVD (I don't go to theaters anymore) and have been hearing good things about it.

True?

TNP'R
02-27-2012, 6:43 PM
Waiting for it to come out on netflix.

wjc
02-27-2012, 6:53 PM
TNP'R,

Your avatar is giving some serious Joe Quenneville stink eye! :D

Is that your pit?

Gladdis.45
02-27-2012, 6:54 PM
Awesome movie! You could feel the comraderee (sp) big time!!

Shooster
02-27-2012, 7:45 PM
I thought it was great. the thing that ruined my time were the people walking out during the seal tribute at the end so they could beat the crowd.

Mari
02-27-2012, 8:25 PM
Great movie! We're going to see it again in a few days with our nephews-want to show extra support in hopes that there will be more movies made about real heroes like these!!

mbaerg
02-27-2012, 9:42 PM
I didn't listen to a single critic.. from the moment I saw the first preview 3 months earlier I knew it was going to be awesome. I went and watched it the other day and absolutely loved it.

mbaerg
02-27-2012, 9:44 PM
all the shooting and action was fun and looked accurate enough, the acting was really bad though...just my opinion

Yes it was bad acting.. because the Navy Seals aren't actors.. I loved the fact that they didn't get actors to try and play these roles.

bruceflinch
02-27-2012, 9:59 PM
spoliler alet - bloopers IMHO

1. no flash bangs, they would not make entry in sevral scenes without some flash -bang grenedes
2. red lasers at night - they would use IR lasers at night which only they could se with NV equipment, not red lasers
3. flashlights inthe milk factory - they would use NV only as the FL give them away
4. medics- the scene inthe back of the pick up - the inured would be getting complete medical care and attention, not just "hey buddy stay with us" same for the other injured.
5. the moon. they would jump or infiltrate when there was no moon if possible.
6. HALO - if you jump from 30,000 feet you need 5 minutes of pure O2 before you

otherwise excellent film. jump,

I noticed when they were prepping for the initial engagement, the one Seal was outfitted in Army Camo. WTF?

It is Rated R for a good reason.

I took my daughter (20), to see it. She had never seen an action/military movie before. She was pretty blown away & cried a bit. A scene left me teary eyed as well. When the movie was over, we just sat there in awe. We didn't leave till the clean up crew arrived & everyone else had already left the theatre.

Yeah the acting was so-so, but the story & action were great.

Army
02-28-2012, 6:47 AM
I noticed when they were prepping for the initial engagement, the one Seal was outfitted in Army Camo. WTF?
Why not? While Navy digi-cam is very dark and very blue, Army ACU blends better in urban and most foliage invirons.

Also....they're SEALs. They can wear pink tu-tu's to battle if they want to :D

RazzB7
02-28-2012, 6:54 AM
SEALS can't act. That much was proven. But it was a good movie and I really enjoyed it. The scene where they put the tridents on the casket is accurate, that's a SEAL tradition. They take them right off of their uniforms. It's a very emotional sight.

Manolito
02-28-2012, 7:12 AM
Seals do a lot of things including infiltration into foreign cultures. Say what you want about acting but their life depends on their ability to act. I thought it was portrayed very well. Possibly bringing reality to the screen is what you are saying is bad acting.
Realism in catching the snipers kill so it doesn't make a splash or loud noise is realism.

When I hear critics carry on about a movie I have to remember they have never created anything just critisize other peoples work.

Well done showing the Sub and boats these people serve a valuable task. If they showed the thousand people in the background putting together little pieces of intel trying to make a true assesment nobody would go see the movie. Not a single M=4 on full auto very controlled fire rates not what you expect in a movie.

I will buy it when it comes out and watch it many times for enjoyment and respect to a country that has volunteers protecting us while we sleep. I served on the ground in a war and this is the first movie to show tracers that looked real to me.

Respectfully,
Bill

Tack
02-28-2012, 7:48 AM
My wife and I seen it tonight. I thought it was a good movie. You could have heard a pin drop in the end.

The audience applauded at the end, but that may be unusual. The theater is in San Diego. An exciting movie.
Rob

CALI SHOT DOC
02-28-2012, 12:01 PM
I loved this movie not only due to the action but what the movie represents. I was honored to take my grandfather, a vet from the Pearl Harbor Days with me to see this. I had only seen my grandfather cry a few times in my life and seeing him cry at the end of the movie was very moving. To be able to share this experience with him is something I will never forget.

JamesY
02-28-2012, 2:14 PM
The film was OK. I had to watch BHD the day after since for some reason, I felt it was missing something. Got my fix after watching BHD.

kato4moto
02-28-2012, 9:05 PM
Saw it tonight with my sister. We both agreed that the action scenes were outstanding, but the actual plot and writing was definitely lacking. BHD was superior in that regard. But still, I'd go see it again--it's playing for $4 on Tue & Thu at a small theater not far away!

mav32
02-28-2012, 9:22 PM
It was awesome!!! Some things were slacking but it was overall a great movie

coltn46920
02-28-2012, 9:46 PM
VERY disappointed with the movie.

The movie had great scenes but, The camera was too close to the action the Entire length of the movie, and I am not a fan of a shaky camera through out the whole film.

Also the camera never paused to get a good glimpse of the gun porn or action scenes. I feel as though the camera angles and work was what ruined this film.

Henry Shooter
02-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Very good movie. Showed that this countries true warriors really are human. I can't say enough good things about what operators do. They are tough and determined. That's what makes our forces the best. IMHO what is being overlooked is the plot of the movie. It's real, and they are here. Yes it is that easy for the bad guys to get here. Just a matter of time.

Speedpower
02-29-2012, 6:13 PM
Our Navy seals are soooo good that they can identify the "Filipinos" at a far distance (more than a 1000 yards?)

Action is good but the story sucks!

Bet you Eotech is gonna make a lot of sales.

tools2teach
02-29-2012, 11:10 PM
I liked it, but what bugged me the most was the narrator. Just the tone of his voice really got to me.

Pretty accurate portrayal of real life tactics. What do you expect from real seals to be able to act? That was to be expected.

Bobby Ricigliano
03-01-2012, 2:03 AM
I took the wife and we both loved it. I served in the Army, my wife in the Navy. God bless our troops and the things they do to keep us safe.

Quibbling about errors or suposed tactical details they got wrong misses the point. The movie provides civilians with some insight into military life as well as a heaping spoonful of MoTo to those who have served or even are thinking about serving.

A-J
03-01-2012, 7:10 AM
I had the misfortune of reading a lot of the critics negative reviews

The "critics" have gotten so bad in hte last decade or so that I usually end watching the movies that get the bad reviews. Surprise surprise when the movie turns out to be something I like. I'll get it the day it comes out on BR.

nikonuser
03-01-2012, 12:33 PM
What ? I did not see one Magpul straight arm shooting in the movie and these are real SEALS. It can't be Magpul's the real deal. :)

rippop9mm
03-02-2012, 6:37 PM

Without spoilering the thread, I would say 'no', simply because of one of the first few scenes that sets up the evilness of the terrorists is likely to be pretty disturbing to a 7 year old.

Well, my 7 year old is WAYYY too sensitive for this film regardless, but I really don't think it's for kids that young; there's also scenes of a woman in distress that I think are probably a bit too intense for young kids. I think the 'R' rating is appropriat, but of course, you know your kids better than anyone else.

Why not see it yourself first, and then if you think it's OK, take them the 2nd time? That way the filmmakers get an extra few bucks too, and I don't think that'd be a bad thing :) Hell, the minigun/swiftboat stuff is worth the price of admission!

DannyInSoCal
03-02-2012, 6:51 PM
Powerful.

During the scroll of KIA's -

Someone called "AttenHUT / Present AHHms"

About 20 of us saluted til the complete credits ended.

Nobody in the crowd moved or made a sound until he called out "Order AHHms"

Turns out he's a retired Master Chief from New Yawk.

Still brings a lump in my throat thinking about the respect everyone showed those KIAs -

RIP brothers...

Doheny
03-02-2012, 6:56 PM
From a theatrical stand point it sucked. Obviously the shoot-'em up stuff was fun, but the acting pretty much ruined it for me, especially as someone mentioned, the guy who narrated the movie.

I know SEALS doing the acting was supposed to be one of the selling points, but I feel it hurt the movie. I think using some no-name actors as the main players woulda helped it flow more.

It was hard not to like the boat stuff!

Eat Dirt
03-02-2012, 7:07 PM
Danny in SoCal :: Thanks for the review

Nice,,Hearing your story
I'm There this weekend

Snapping Twig
03-02-2012, 8:02 PM
Saw it this week.

Acting be damned, it's about the story.

Seemed to have something in my eyes a few times.

Worth it.

gunafficionado
03-05-2012, 6:28 PM
I'm almost done with Clancy's Against All Enemies, and this movie has similarities with the book. But then again, Clancy's name is in the closing credits.

Great movie, love all those spent shell casings.

The sub scene as well as the HALO jump was incredible.

benjaminh98
03-05-2012, 7:04 PM
www.3minutesout.org is a charity set up for my friend and brother in arms, JT Tumilson. He was one of the men that died in the helo crash on 8-6-2011.

MrLogan
03-05-2012, 7:39 PM

There really was a SEAL who was shot 27 times, and still managed to kill all four of his assailants. He survived. You can find his story here: http://parazynski.com/blog/2010/07/wounded-but-unyielding-on-mount-rainier-14411-overcome-everything/

Scroll all the way down to the last paragraph to read his story.

Every act of valor in the movie was based on a real event. *SPOILER* The guy who was shot in the eye (SEAL Ryan Job, who later died during a facial reconstruction surgery), the SEAL jumping on a grenade (SEAL Michael Monsoor).

Spoilerv2
03-05-2012, 7:51 PM
best line in the movie for me was "The SH*T Bucket is full!" Master Chief

MrLogan
03-05-2012, 10:47 PM
best line in the movie for me was "The SH*T Bucket is full!" Master Chief

The line was actually, "The sh*t filter's full."

Curley Red
03-06-2012, 8:36 AM
It was ok for me, the action was great, but it seemed to drag on too often. I will probably watch it again when it comes to cable, but won't buy the dvd.

RazzB7
03-06-2012, 8:43 AM
Every act of valor in the movie was based on a real event. *SPOILER* The guy who was shot in the eye (SEAL Ryan Job, who later died during a facial reconstruction surgery), the SEAL jumping on a grenade (SEAL Michael Monsoor).

Michael Monsoor is the SEAL they were having a wake for at McP's when Chris Kyle (American Sniper) knocked Jesse "The Body" Ventura on is butt for being disrespectful of a fallen SEAL in front of his family. (nice run-on sentence, Razz)

monorailboy
03-06-2012, 4:46 PM

Casual_Shooter
04-11-2012, 8:07 AM
Finally got out to see this movie. Thought it was good (bad acting was expected). Even my wife liked it- and was crying at the end.

chucksolo69
04-11-2012, 8:31 AM
I knew from the minute LT told them about his new baby that he was gonna buy the farm. Other than that, good action with mediocre acting. I loved the guy who played "Senior" though!

frankDmole
04-11-2012, 8:42 AM
Great movie, watched it 2x already.

Elwood_Blues
04-27-2012, 7:44 AM
I finally saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Yeah, acting wasn't the greatest, but these guys are the real deal, not actors. This movie made me think of all the people who whine how hard and stressful their jobs are. One of my favorite scenes, was of the two gun boats opening fire in that jungle.