PDA

View Full Version : Just got my P226 back from Sig after some work.

victoraguilar82
02-24-2012, 4:17 PM
I just got it back today. Valentines day special worked out nicely. I got the action enhancement and short reset trigger. Free feed ramp polishing also. Sig also replaced my checkmate mags for some made in germany mags. Haven't gone shooting yet but with snap caps the trigger pull is very smooth in SA and DA. Here are some pics.

discoed
02-24-2012, 4:19 PM
You think you can post a video with some feedback?

Sturnovik
02-24-2012, 4:27 PM
I just got it back today. Valentines day special worked out nicely. I got the action enhancement and short reset trigger. Free feed ramp polishing also. Sig also replaced my checkmate mags for some made in germany mags. Haven't gone shooting yet but with snap caps the trigger pull is very smooth in SA and DA. Here are some pics.

I had the service package (night sights included and sighted), refinished slide and a free ramp polish. Got it back few months ago. Its even better and the trigger was fixed up for free too, much smoother and got to keep the parts, even my 2 year old trijicons.

Glad to hear it went well OP. I'll keep sending my Sigs there for upgrades and services (if it warrants it).

victoraguilar82
02-24-2012, 4:42 PM
You think you can post a video with some feedback?

I can try, I have never done a video before and I am new to shooting pistols but what would you like to see? I still have the targets I used before the upgrades so I can use them as comparison.

Sturnovik thanks.
I removed the grips to see the work they did to it and to replace the grips screws. I am really glad they replaced the magazines for the german sig ones. They german mags fit flush where the others had a gap.

Sturnovik
02-24-2012, 4:46 PM
I can try, I have never done a video before and I am new to shooting pistols but what would you like to see? I still have the targets I used before the upgrades so I can use them as comparison.

Sturnovik thanks.
I removed the grips to see the work they did to it and to replace the grips screws. I am really glad they replaced the magazines for the german sig ones. They german mags fit flush where the others had a gap.

Hm that false click before it actually seats properly? I've noticed that on all sigs and mags for them. Yea I've read a few people saying those checkmate ones were not working well for them at all. That said I've seen literally one person with them in person and the mags worked fine. It's awesome they gave you german ones though.

I needed new grip screws as well, my 89 Sig was so beat to hell it was ridiculous. With the refinish and package and sights I may push that MK24 off for a few more years *coughs*.....months ;).

discoed
02-24-2012, 5:24 PM
The short reset trigger is what Im wanting to know more about. Can you make a video showing reset and how much more the trigger travels. Thanks.

mr00jimbo
02-24-2012, 6:55 PM
I've got the same gun, in .40 S&W, with an SRT installed by the previous owner, my friend. I love it! :)
Did they polish the feed ramp 'cause it was having feeding issues or just for more reliability?

victoraguilar82
02-24-2012, 7:06 PM
I've got the same gun, in .40 S&W, with an SRT installed by the previous owner, my friend. I love it! :)
Did they polish the feed ramp 'cause it was having feeding issues or just for more reliability?

Yeah, the trigger feels very smooth now. The feed ramp was polished for more reliability, the problem I had was with the checkmate magazines, and for free :)

hchan42
02-24-2012, 7:08 PM
that's awesome victor! i got what you got for the valentines day special, the action enhancement package, short reset trigger, feed ramp polish (free b/c i had more than one service for my sig), and the short trigger (i dont think you got that though).

i can't wait to get it back!

victoraguilar82
02-24-2012, 9:21 PM
The short reset trigger is what Im wanting to know more about. Can you make a video showing reset and how much more the trigger travels. Thanks.

I have a short trigger aswell as a short reset trigger. Here is the video, hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE7SREDi288

discoed
02-25-2012, 6:04 AM
I have a short trigger aswell as a short reset trigger. Here is the video, hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE7SREDi288

That's it, I have to send mine in. That trigger reset looks good. Thanks for posting this.

Charles4400
02-25-2012, 6:25 AM
Nice! They are doing the same to mine, how long was the turnaround time for you?

victoraguilar82
02-25-2012, 8:43 AM
That's it, I have to send mine in. That trigger reset looks good. Thanks for posting this.
Your welcome. The trigger reset is so short, keep in mind that mine also has a short trigger so that may make a difference to you as well.

Nice! They are doing the same to mine, how long was the turnaround time for you?

I sent mine through UPS and Sig they got it on Tuesday the 14th. I got it back yesterday the 24th, so about 10 days total including the weekend.

Charles4400
02-25-2012, 11:47 AM
^ WOW that really is a fast turnaround time!

Congrats, enjoy your 226!

Below.Zero
02-25-2012, 12:00 PM
SIG is a GREAT company. I sent a P380 to them for a trigger job and they sent it back with 2 factory mags!!! I love that company!!

battleship
02-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Is that 40SW or 9mm all stainless.

victoraguilar82
02-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Is that 40SW or 9mm all stainless.

Its a 9mm :)