PDA

View Full Version : Riflegear AGGRESSOR!!1!1! - LE and court perception

p51
02-24-2012, 4:30 PM
I would really like to buy a complete lower receiver or carbine from Riflegear, sometime in the future. However, it really squigs me out thinking how LE and DAs will perceive a gun that disclaims the owner's "aggression."

Would the people behind the counter ever consider making lowers that go by a different name?

Scratch705
02-24-2012, 7:08 PM
unless you plan on waving the gun in front of a DA or police, then what does the product name matter?

if product name really factors into this, i suggest Riflegear makes a new line of AR lowers called "Rainbow Gumdrops Hugs for All". that should dis-spell all negative connotations about owning a gun.

p51
02-25-2012, 10:07 AM
unless you plan on waving the gun in front of a DA or police, then what does the product name matter?

if product name really factors into this, i suggest Riflegear makes a new line of AR lowers called "Rainbow Gumdrops Hugs for All". that should dis-spell all negative connotations about owning a gun.

If you use the gun in a defensive shoot, you won't have the choice who to show or hide the gun from. Even if you don't use the Riflegear gun in self defense, do you think the authorities won't check out all the other guns in your safe?

shark92651
02-25-2012, 11:40 AM
I agree the name is a little "non-PC" but I doubt it would be an issue except perhaps to an anti-gun media. The ignorant already group firearms into the friendly, sporting, hunting style firearms and those evil, scary, terrorist weapons.

It doesn't matter how justified you were in a "good shoot", you are going to be scrutinized and put through the wringer, your guns taken, etc... I see your point, just don't think it is really something to worry about.

Steve1968LS2
02-26-2012, 2:39 PM
I think all the guns should be only offered in soft pastels.. black could be considered too "angry" or evil of a color..

Just sayin'

Seriously.. this is what people worry about? :facepalm:

wash
02-26-2012, 5:53 PM
I just saw an Agressor lower. It looked really nice.

If Riflegear wanted to call it a centerfire suppository delivery system I would still want to buy one.

As far as explaining the name on your rifle after you shot someone, if it's a clean shoot it shouldn't matter a bit and if the shoot isn't clean, you've got much bigger problems to worry about.