PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 22 jaguar

Nicoman
02-24-2012, 3:14 PM
went to my dads house today and he asked me if I could found out about my grandpas old Beretta 22 jaguar does anyone here know anything about these. My grandpa bought it back in 1968 the receipt is still in the box and he paid about $70 for it brand new thats all i know about the gun.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6062/20120224123234.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/20120224123234.jpg/)

ptoguy2002
02-24-2012, 3:38 PM
They are really nice little 22 pistols.
Never fired one myself, but I've read they have nice triggers and run great.
Much better than the plastic and zinc and pot metal little 22s they make today.
And if it is in good condition, with the box, and with the original sales receipt, would appeal to somebody who collects Beretta's.
As far as value, on GB I've seen most go from between $300-$600 depending, BUT....see this NIB Jag sold on Gunbroker: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=261571508
I'd say that is a bit extreme. I'm not an expert, but I would guess there is something unique about that gun, which is why people were asking if the frame was magnetic. Some sort of transitional thing from steel to aluminum, which would also be shown by the case it came in, and hence the price, but that is just a wild arse guess. If you want more info, the best place is berettaforum.net
They ought to be able to give you the best insight into value.
I'd keep in though, they are good little 22 plinkers from what I've been told. I've the later model equivalent to that, the Beretta 87, and it is great. Just keep the box and original receipt. Those will only add value if you ever do decide to sell.
If you do decide to sell, please offer it up here on Calguns first to keep in within the state of Kali, as we can't import those too easily without SSE'ing one.
(Tell your gramps that I'll triple his money if he wants :-) )

WWDHD?
02-24-2012, 3:42 PM
Interesting pistol. I've never seen one before. Is it .22LR or .22 short?

Nicoman
02-24-2012, 3:49 PM
Interesting pistol. I've never seen one before. Is it .22LR or .22 short?

it's a cool little gun it's 22lr has a nice trigger on it no creep to it. I don't think my grandpa ever shot it I never even seen it till after he passed away I took it to the range a while back and it ran like a champ

leego
02-24-2012, 8:37 PM
They are nice little guns. From what I see, I think your's possibly is a model 71. They are accurate and reliable. Also, is very collectable demanding prices of $500+. I myself have a model 74 with a 6" barrel. Finding a extra magazine is nearly impossible. Go to the Beretta Forum, there is a wealth of info concerning the model 70 series.

redcliff
02-24-2012, 8:41 PM
Neat old pistols, I have one in .32acp but havent found one in .22 yet ;)

Nicoman
02-24-2012, 9:12 PM
I talked to my dad and the gun is a series 70. My dad would like to sell it to fund a new Glock what do you guy think would be a fair price to ask for this.