PDA

View Full Version : East Bay Public Safety Corridor Partnership (gun grabbers warning)

oaklander
04-03-2007, 8:48 PM
If you are wondering how all these anti-gun local laws get thought up - it's not random!

There are groups working *way* behind the scenes to make those laws happen.

Here's one group that has been active in the East Bay for about 10 years:

http://ojjdp.ncjrs.org/pubs/gun_violence/profile05.html

"Municipal gun ordinances

"Participating jurisdictions have worked to enact community-friendly gun ordinances that ban the sale and manufacture of junk guns, require triggerlocks at the point of sale, limit the number of gun dealers (particularly those in home-based businesses), require background checks on gun dealers, and impose a gross receipts tax on retailers that sell guns. To date, junk gun bans have been passed by all 16 towns within the EBPSCP, plus 5 neighboring jurisdictions and the 2 counties. In all, 48 local gun ordinances have been adopted by partnership members and other localities.

"EBPSCP has provided considerable resources to localities trying to pass these gun laws, including free legal assistance and representation. In addition to retaining a lawyer, the partnership has access to pro bono legal services to help any jurisdiction respond to lawsuits against proposed gun legislation. EBPSCP also provides sample legislation on request and has hosted workshops on the issue. Additional information on EBPSCP's efforts to pass local ordinances restricting firearm sales can be found in profile 16."

FreedomIsNotFree
04-03-2007, 8:51 PM
I'm seriously considering infiltrating one of this crap groups. Not sure if I could stand it long enough to make it worth it.

tgriffin
04-03-2007, 8:52 PM
whoa...... this is the first that I have heard about this organization.

oaklander
04-03-2007, 8:53 PM
Infiltrate - then come up with stupid ideas to waste time at their meetings. If they are like most meetings, this will bring em to a deadlock.

oaklander
04-03-2007, 8:54 PM
whoa...... this is the first that I have heard about this organization.

I found out about them from my local NRA MC - this group works way behind the scenes.

Gringo Bandito
04-03-2007, 9:11 PM
Some of non-gun related corridor meetings that I have attended are open to the public. I am sure that attending one of these would be an eye opener.

Dont Tread on Me
04-03-2007, 9:25 PM
I'm seriously considering infiltrating one of this crap groups. Not sure if I could stand it long enough to make it worth it.

What a cool idea. I'm honestly for safe gun ownership and reasonable gun laws. I'm just guessing my definition my differ slightly from theirs:-) i.e. training on the four rules of gun safety and shall issue CCW.

Time to buy some tree hugger camo (PETA t-shirt perhaps) and go along....

LAK Supply
04-03-2007, 9:35 PM
I'm a proponent of sensible gun laws too.......as in none! :D That's the only sensible way to keep the government from taking our rights away.

I think infiltration would be difficult......I'd personally probably experience a heart-attack from the rise in blood pressure during the first ten minutes I would have to associate with scum like that.

M. Sage
04-03-2007, 9:40 PM

Dude, I'd go, too. We could help each other through the "I just can't take it anymore!" times.

Buddy system, FTW!

thedrickel
04-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Their office is in Preservation Park . . . downtown Oakland. I hope they have the workshops there.

Are they still operating? The site looks like it hasn't been updated since '98.

Can'thavenuthingood
04-04-2007, 7:30 AM
I'm seriously considering infiltrating one of this crap groups.

Naw man, don't do it, your head will blow up from trying to maintain your cover and keep from fidgeting.
You really can't fight an overwhelming need to go berserk.
We know where they are so we just expose them for what they are.

Vick

grammaton76
04-04-2007, 11:40 AM
You just need to get a friend who's purely mercenary and doesn't give a rip one way or the other, to do the infiltration. Pay him $20/meeting to attend, something like that. Then debrief him afterwards. You yourself, will never be a valid infiltrator - you probably won't be able to keep from tossing in "devil's advocate" lines and betraying your position. And of course, your body language won't be convincing enough.

gose
04-04-2007, 12:17 PM
What a cool idea. I'm honestly for safe gun ownership and reasonable gun laws. I'm just guessing my definition my differ slightly from theirs:-) i.e. training on the four rules of gun safety and shall issue CCW.

Nah, I'll show up in my HK "MP5, when negotiations fail" t-shirt :D

Paladin
04-04-2007, 6:05 PM
A new unelected, non-constitutional, regional level of local government has been formed with one of their goals being restricting 2nd A rights (http://www.abag.ca.gov/bayarea_info/junkguns/ordinances.htm).

turinreza
04-04-2007, 6:08 PM

Sometimes I want to buy a Fruitarian t shirt and hit the Peta meetings
and yell out "Murderers!!"

fairfaxjim
04-04-2007, 6:14 PM
The Easy Bay Public Safety Corridor Partnership referred to last operated in 1997. It was the brainchild of (among others) then State Assemblyman Tom Bates (now Berkeley Mayor.) It operated from 1993 - 1997 and ate up $40 million in (mostly) tax dollars to formulate and enact policies and programs that would reduce violent crime. "The program's success was recognized with seven national awards for best practices, and the U.S. Department of Justice asked the partnership to present its story to the United Nations."
There is a move afoot to re-establish the partnership, or create a similar one to deal with the current violent crime crisis. Our friend and neighbor Don Perata is among Tom Torlakson, Tom Bates (he's baaaaak!), Ron Dellums, Richmond Councilwoman Maria Viramontes (she was director of the original EBPSCP - she's baaaaak!)
These guys would be worth keeping an eye on - nothing good for gunners will come out of an anti-crime bunch with that many "D's" behind their names. The latest info on them I could find was in the Contra Costa Times:
Political muscle funnels in for anti-crime collaboration (http://www.topix.net/content/kri/1156824283054304932924614101690229046830)

When the time comes, I will infiltrate them - hell I even have a ponytail.

M. Sage
04-04-2007, 7:18 PM
And of course, your body language won't be convincing enough.

Yeah, that seems to be the biggest giveaway of the antis...