PDA

View Full Version : Is there a list of political ***-clowns that are anti 2a?

stilly
02-24-2012, 4:39 AM
Actually, I often look for a list of these fools and I have wondered if there existed a list that had all of these politicians and their wonderful contributions to the anti gun movement.

It would be nice to put them on a flag and wave them around come election time. That would make my voting a bit easier sometimes.

Like, Kevin De Leon and his district in LA and his ammo ban he tried,
Feinstein (really nothing needed, but I might learn a new one)
Boxer
Who did the latest ab that makes us register long guns... Etc.

Any links?

NotEnufGarage
02-24-2012, 5:49 AM
Pretty much anyone with a "D" after their name.

tankerman
02-24-2012, 5:53 AM
It would be nice to put them on a flag and wave them around come election time. That would make my voting a bit easier sometimes.

There already is a list, the NRA rates politicians based on their support or opposition to the 2nd Amend, they're given a letter grade.

REPR
02-24-2012, 5:55 AM
AB809 Long Gun Registration - Mike Feuer

SB819 Robbing the DROS fund - Mark Leno

AB144 UOC Ban - Anthony Portantino, Tom Ammiano, Jared Huffman, Sandré Swanson, and Kevin de León

SB427 Ammo Gestapo - Kevin de León

Many more but those are the more current civil rights violators.

spgripside
02-24-2012, 8:05 AM
MAIG member list (http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/members/members.shtml). Here are the MAIG listed anti gun mayors from California:

Mayor Marie Gilmore
Alameda, CA

Mayor Tom Bates
Berkeley, CA

Mayor Barry Brucker
Beverly Hills, CA

Mayor Jess Talamantes
Burbank, CA

Mayor Cheryl Cox
Chula Vista, CA

Mayor Sam Pedroza
Claremont, CA

Mayor Eugene Montanez
Corona, CA

Mayor Robert Wasserman
Fremont, CA

Mayor Laura Friedman
Glendale, CA

Mayor Maria Orozco
Gonzales, CA

Mayor James T. Butts Jr.
Inglewood, CA

Mayor Sukhee Kang
Irvine, CA

Mayor Bob Foster
Long Beach, CA

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
Los Angeles, CA

Mayor Rob Schroder
Martinez, CA

Mayor Paul Eaton
Montclair, CA

Mayor Jean Quan
Oakland, CA

Mayor Stephen P. Pougnet
Palm Springs, CA

Mayor Bill Bogaard
Pasadena, CA

Mayor Luis I. Molina
Patterson, CA

Mayor David Glass
Petaluma, CA

Mayor Jennifer Hosterman
Pleasanton, CA

Mayor L. Dennis Michael
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Mayor Gayle McLaughlin
Richmond, CA

Mayor Kevin Johnson
Sacramento, CA

Mayor Dennis Donohue
Salinas, CA

Mayor Patrick J. Morris
San Bernardino, CA

Mayor Jerry Sanders
San Diego, CA

Mayor Edwin M. Lee
San Francisco, CA

Mayor Andrew F. Kotyuk
San Jacinto, CA

Mayor Chuck Reed
San Jose, CA

Mayor Stephen H. Cassidy
San Leandro, CA

Mayor Miguel Pulido
Santa Ana, CA

Mayor Helene Schneider
Santa Barbara, CA

Mayor Richard Bloom
Santa Monica, CA

Mayor Larry Forester
Signal Hill, CA

Mayor Ann Johnston
Stockton, CA

Mayor Nancy Tragarz
Walnut, CA

Mayor John J. Duran
West Hollywood, CA

Mayor Christopher Cabaldon
West Sacramento, CA

SanPedroShooter
02-24-2012, 8:09 AM

There you have it... In California this seems to be a hard and fast rule. Outside the wire, there is some blur. There are few D's that appear to support indivdual liberty over the collective in regards to firearms, but I am not sure how they justify it. It may be they are forced to 'get on board' with the electorate. I dont trust 'em. Of course a lot of times R's arent much better...

I dont trust any politician when freedom is on the line. Guns only have to two enemies.....

Wherryj
02-24-2012, 8:55 AM

I'd add "most of the ones with an 'R' after they name as well.

Independents/Libertarians tend to require a bit more investigation before jumping to a conclusion.

Curley Red
02-24-2012, 9:28 AM
There you have it... In California this seems to be a hard and fast rule. Outside the wire, there is some blur. There are few D's that appear to support indivdual liberty over the collective in regards to firearms, but I am not sure how they justify it. It may be they are forced to 'get on board' with the electorate. I dont trust 'em. Of course a lot of times R's arent much better...

I dont trust any politician when freedom is on the line. Guns only have to two enemies.....

Two "R"'s took away our right to open carry loaded and the 50BMG from us. And one of those "R"'s was a backer of the Brady bill that went on to be a beloved president. Here is a hint at who he was, he starred with a monkey in movies.

ja308
02-24-2012, 11:07 AM
I'd add "most of the ones with an 'R' after they name as well.

Independents/Libertarians tend to require a bit more investigation before jumping to a conclusion.

Would you care to list cali republicans who are F rated ?

dfletcher
02-24-2012, 11:12 AM

In CA (and MA and NY and NJ ....) that's 99% true, but I do recall one or two CA legislators with a "D" after their name who are OK - we should make it a point to not alienate them. Nationwide I figure the difference is less apparent, I'll take a "D" who says "y'all" and ends his sentences with "sheeeet, son" any day. :p

ja308
02-24-2012, 1:25 PM
In CA (and MA and NY and NJ ....) that's 99% true, but I do recall one or two CA legislators with a "D" after their name who are OK - we should make it a point to not alienate them. Nationwide I figure the difference is less apparent, I'll take a "D" who says "y'all" and ends his sentences with "sheeeet, son" any day. :p

Who are you talking about ?

Sure would be a shame to alienate those 1 or 2 dems who are not F rated .

How about you democrats start holding your party responsible for what they propose and pass?

Shouldnt be that hard to organise democrats for 2A
Do a good enough job and it's possiblie to deep 6 the GOP nationwide

cvc04
02-24-2012, 2:44 PM
I believe that NRA ILA and GOA rate politico ***clowns if that is any help to you.

guntrust
02-25-2012, 6:30 AM
"GOAIM" - Gun Owners Against Illegal Mayors!

SanPedroShooter
02-25-2012, 7:02 AM
Two "R"'s took away our right to open carry loaded and the 50BMG from us. And one of those "R"'s was a backer of the Brady bill that went on to be a beloved president. Here is a hint at who he was, he starred with a monkey in movies.

"Of course a lot of times R's arent much better..."

Its in there, you just gotta dig for it... Of course Regans transgretions are over 40 years old in some cases, not that we dont suffer under them.. I suppose the question is, what have they done to me lately...?

ClarenceBoddicker
02-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Very very few professional politicians if any at all, believe in the true meaning of the 2A, no infringements of any kind. I don't think there has been any in office for many years. Dick Cheney was the last one I think & look what he turned into when he became VP. It may take some digging, but IIRC he was the only one who voted against the BS NRA supported 1986 LEOPA/steel core ammo ban (that will be used to dramatically limit the accessibility of ammo in the US once lead is outlawed & copper prices skyrocket) & even spoke out how dangerous this law would be. Mild steel makes a great cheap bullet core & is not armor piercing, as armor piercing cores are made out of sharply pointed very hard steels like tungsten carbide. The reason they are made from a strong hard steel & have a sharp tip is so the core (penetrator) will tend to dig in and not be deflected. Most mild steel core ball rounds use blunt or even flat tipped cores, as defeating armor was not the design. Regardless of that well known fact, all steel cores are banned if they can be used in a "handgun". Yes, all someone has to do is to build & offer to sell a .50 BMG "handgun" and ATF can ban the ammo. Remember when & why the $ 0.05 a round (on stripper clips in tins!) steel core Chinese 7.62x39mm ammo was banned? Olympic Arms built a few prototype OA-93s and sent one to ATF for approval. Bob Schuetz put an ad in Shotgun News offering them for sale even though they were not in production & had one at his booth at SHOT. That was enough for ATF to ban the ammo, even though no OA-93's had been sold at that point. Don't think that sintered steel or tungsten will be a legal bullet core either, read the text of the law.

InGrAM
02-25-2012, 1:09 PM

Ignoring the fact that he was suffering from Alzheimer's when he supported the brady bill? :facepalm:

It is ok, we tend to leave out facts when we want to demean or put down others. ;)

Never the less what your opinion is, the fact is, that in left dominated states such as CA, NY, IL, etc.. the D behind the name most definitely means anti-2nd amendment.

FastFinger
02-25-2012, 1:50 PM
You'd save a lot of ink and trees if you just list the pols that are truly for 2A rights.

socal2310
02-25-2012, 3:36 PM
Ignoring the fact that he was suffering from Alzheimer's when he supported the brady bill? :facepalm:

I know, it was so sad watching Michael desperately trying to convince everyone that Ron was making it all up to increase book sales (he may well have convinced himself). Quite a few people figured out that there was something off about him, most people just didn't know what his "episodes" were (and the frequency of the episodes was carefully kept quiet while he was in the White House).

On the other hand, it's pretty clear that he was less than stalwart in his defense of the Second Amendment prior to that.

Ryan