PDA

View Full Version : C&R pistol

bbbppc
04-03-2007, 5:18 PM
I sent away for my C&R paperwork today. I know it's a pretty good deal for C&Ring rifles. I would like to know what advantage, if any, it has in CA. on C&R pistols?

timmy8151
04-03-2007, 5:29 PM
I sent away for my C&R paperwork today. I know it's a pretty good deal for C&Ring rifles. I would like to know what advantage, if any, it has in CA. on C&R pistols?

None. You still need to have a 01 FFL recieve the gun is shipped from out of state. However you can physically purchase a C&R handgun out of state and bring it back to California. You just need to fill out a DOJ form and pay $19.

Also if you have a C&R FFL and a CA COE you can cash and carry a C&R handgun from a FFL. You still need to pay the normal DROS fees but you waive the 10 day waiting period.

gose
04-03-2007, 5:48 PM
None. You still need to have a 01 FFL recieve the gun is shipped from out of state. However you can physically purchase a C&R handgun out of state and bring it back to California. You just need to fill out a DOJ form and pay $19.

Also if you have a C&R FFL and a CA COE you can cash and carry a C&R handgun from a FFL. You still need to pay the normal DROS fees but you waive the 10 day waiting period.

It also waives the one handgun/30 days for ALL handguns :)

Can you have C&R handguns shipped into the state? I thought they couldn't be DROSed unless single action or on the $#^%$#^& list?

M. Sage
04-03-2007, 6:28 PM
C&R handguns are exempt from the list.

bbbppc
04-03-2007, 6:58 PM

Can you have C&R handguns shipped into the state? I thought they couldn't be DROSed unless single action or on the $#^%$#^& list?

It waives the 30 day on all handguns even non C&R??

WokMaster1
04-03-2007, 7:12 PM

Not ALL handguns. Just C&R handguns. I believe you also need a Cert of Eligibility (COE) from CA DOJ as well to qualify for that. New handguns does not apply.

bbbppc
04-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Not ALL handguns. Just C&R handguns. I believe you also need a Cert of Eligibility (COE) from CA DOJ as well to qualify for that. New handguns does not apply.

So can you cash and carry a C&R rifle with just the C&R and no COE?

Mssr. Eleganté
04-03-2007, 10:27 PM
When buying from a Dealer in California you need both a C&R FFL and a COE if you want to cash & carry C&R handguns or longuns.

And, as mentioned above, having a C&R FFL and a COE exempts you from the "one handgun per 30 days" rule for both C&R and modern handguns that you puchase from a California Dealer.

chiefcrash
04-04-2007, 7:57 AM
ok, here's the deal on C&R stuff and handguns inside california:

C&R handguns are exempt from the roster of "safe" handguns. This means any C&R handgun can be sent to your local FFL for DROSing

If you have a C&R license and a COE, you may skip the 10 day wait on C&R firearms only

if you have a C&R license and a COE, the 1 handgun per 30 days rule no longer applies to you. This includes modern handguns

If you have a C&R license, you can travel out of state. While out of the state, you can purchase C&R guns (long guns and handguns). You can legally bring back your guns. Only requirement is to send a form + $19 to the DOJ for each handgun within 5 days of returning to the state. (i have the form, PM me if you need it)

Surveyor
04-04-2007, 12:08 PM
So can anyone old enough and legal enough to buy a handgun, get a C&R?

Mssr. Eleganté
04-04-2007, 9:29 PM
So can anyone old enough and legal enough to buy a handgun, get a C&R?

Yep. :)

To clarify, you need to be old enough to buy a handgun from an FFL. That means at least 21 years old.