PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy non steel mosin nagant ammo...

d1eSELxxxx
02-23-2012, 5:39 PM
Hey all.

I'm about to buy a Mosin Nagant M38 off a fellow calgunner on here for my birthday and I've been researching on where to find non-steel core/bi-metal ammo and I really can't find anything current other that the expensive Wolf gold. I've searched the forums and just browsing and the only thing I was able to find was Bear FMJ, but I'm assuming that would also be bi-metal (am I correct?). Also, a lot of online places don't like to sell ammo online...which is not cool. I think CTD does, but no non steel stuff.

I'm still going to buy the mosin because I've been wanting an M38 for a while now. If any of you guys can send me a link to previous threads that show where is a good place to buy, or a good place to shoot bi-metal close to so cal that would be extremely helpful. Thanks.:chris:

btw, sorry if this thread is in the wrong place or if there was a previous thread answering my problem.

TheExpertish
02-23-2012, 6:38 PM
I use the Winchester Metric. You can sometimes catch it "on sale" at Big 5 for $22 a box.

SoCal Bob
02-23-2012, 6:47 PM
PRVI Partizan PPU is non corrosive, non magnetic and reloadable. AIM Surplus usually has about the best deals on it: http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=40&name=7.62x54R

Yugo ammo occasionally pops up. It is corrosive but non magnetic. Congrats on the purchase.

d1eSELxxxx
02-23-2012, 6:53 PM
PRVI Partizan PPU is non corrosive, non magnetic and reloadable. AIM Surplus usually has about the best deals on it: http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=40&name=7.62x54R

Yugo ammo occasionally pops up. It is corrosive but non magnetic. Congrats on the purchase.

Yea I found that in my search but I read this on their site:

"CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS: No sales of ammunition delivered to the counties of: Napa and San Francisco. No ammunition delivered to the Cities of: Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco. No high capacity magazine exceeding 10rds sales to anyone or dealer in CA. Check for other Local & State laws before ordering."

This sucks :(

big103
02-23-2012, 9:21 PM
If you can find it the surplus yugo stuff is non magnetic.

Rigma
02-23-2012, 9:28 PM
The Winchester metric is good ammo, but not on the cheap side. I believe that the Tula ammo has a non magnetic bullet, but some do not like the steel case. Not as cheap as surplus, but non-corrosive is a plus.

Eddie1965
02-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Yea I found that in my search but I read this on their site:

"CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS: No sales of ammunition delivered to the counties of: Napa and San Francisco. No ammunition delivered to the Cities of: Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco. No high capacity magazine exceeding 10rds sales to anyone or dealer in CA. Check for other Local & State laws before ordering."

This sucks :(

d1eSEL,
Where are you located? A couple of my friends that live in the city of Los Angeles have their ammo shipped to their work of their parents house. Both of these locations are in cities in the county of Los Angeles so they are good to go.

tatso7
02-24-2012, 1:10 AM
Cabelas rigth now has the Prvi Partizan ppu 7.62 x 64r on sale for $79.99/100 rounds with ammo box with $5 shipping if your order totals $99. Very good ammo.

pklin1297
02-24-2012, 5:51 AM
I got into reloading so I don't have to worry about these technicalities or supply issues... :) Mosin brass is up there in price, but you may want to consider this option if possible. Lee reloading equipment is pretty affordable.

d1eSELxxxx
02-24-2012, 3:49 PM
Im in the Torrance/Redondo Beach area. I will check out those sites. Thanks very much to all for the great feedback.

Eddie1965
02-24-2012, 4:00 PM
Im in the Torrance/Redondo Beach area. I will check out those sites. Thanks very much to all for the great feedback.

As long as your mailing address is not Los Angeles you'll be good to go. I'm in Culver City and receive ammo to my door all the time.

d1eSELxxxx
02-24-2012, 6:42 PM
As long as your mailing address is not Los Angeles you'll be good to go. I'm in Culver City and receive ammo to my door all the time.

Oh ok, that would make sense. Thanks for the clarification.

JAGACIDA
02-24-2012, 6:44 PM
The Winchester stuff is made by Privi-partisan if I remember correctly. Yugo surplus is just about gone, maybe Gun Broker has some.

Vlad 11
02-24-2012, 7:43 PM
Miwall had Yugo surplus 7.62x54 @ $7 a box at Costa Mesa a few weeks ago

It possible they may have some at the Glendale show

chrisf
02-25-2012, 10:57 PM
wolf makes bi-metal stuff.

stevie
02-26-2012, 4:56 AM
AIM does deliver to Torrance, no worries.

JAGACIDA
02-26-2012, 7:07 AM
I recieved a flyer from Midway yesterday, Privi-Partisan for $14.59/20.

rshinjiro
02-26-2012, 8:06 AM

I'm in Torrance too with a few things in 7.62x54R. Turners on Hawthorne occasionally has non-magnetic, and the Big 5 accros the street from them has the Winchester Metric in stock most times. I usually just buy a bunch of Prvi from Midway or other places online, but if you just want to buy some local those are you best bet.

deoxys987
02-26-2012, 4:58 PM
Hey all.

I'm about to buy a Mosin Nagant M38 off a fellow calgunner on here for my birthday and I've been researching on where to find non-steel core/bi-metal ammo and I really can't find anything current other that the expensive Wolf gold. I've searched the forums and just browsing and the only thing I was able to find was Bear FMJ, but I'm assuming that would also be bi-metal (am I correct?). Also, a lot of online places don't like to sell ammo online...which is not cool. I think CTD does, but no non steel stuff.

I'm still going to buy the mosin because I've been wanting an M38 for a while now. If any of you guys can send me a link to previous threads that show where is a good place to buy, or a good place to shoot bi-metal close to so cal that would be extremely helpful. Thanks.:chris:

btw, sorry if this thread is in the wrong place or if there was a previous thread answering my problem.

AMMUNITIONTOGO.COM!! they sell surplus steel core, and non steel core. it shoots like a dream out of my ex sniper M91/30